Anne's Gone Bananas . . . and Maybe a Little (Coco)nuts Too!

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by CrowKettle

From 52teas

My very first JUST BECAUSE Tea!

What does ‘just because tea’ mean? It means this is a blend I created just because I wanted to! Not a tea of the week, not a special VIT – just something I created during a much needed ‘tea play time’!

Last month, I did something that I don’t often do. I went into the tea studio and I just played around with tea. I know that maybe some of you think that’s ALL I do – but really, when I usually enter the tea studio, I do so with a plan and a specific recipe in mind. This time, I didn’t – although, given how behind I have been over the past few months, I probably SHOULD have been geared with a plan. But I just decided that I needed a ‘free day’ – it was time to just do something fun.

And this is the tea that resulted from my play day. I combined an array of black teas: Yunnan Gold, Fujian, 2 distinctly different Assamica varieties, as well as some Assam and Ceylon. This combination creates a very rich, smooth cuppa – very flavorful!

After I finished putting these teas into my blending pan, I added bananas. Because – bananas. I love banana teas and I probably could make a banana tea every month and not get tired of it. YOU might get tired of it though, and I do need to consider you in my thought process – but since this was my play day, I reached for one of my favorite flavors – banana! Then I grabbed some coconut because coconut and banana play very nicely together (and because I love coconut almost as much as I love banana).

Then, because I can never leave well enough alone, I added some vanilla bean for an additional creamy element (because you know, bananas and coconut apparently isn’t creamy enough)! It wasn’t until I was finished blending all of these flavors that I realized that this would probably turn out to be very similar to our Banana Pudding tea except, of course, the black tea base is significantly different – so there is that.

Anyway, now that I’m finished processing subscriptions for November, I decided to go back to my play day pan and see what came of the blend I crafted that day.

YUM! I guess it comes as no surprise that this does remind me quite a bit of the banana pudding tea (as I thought it would). But this is different – and not just from the base. I added more coconut to this (which comes from going into the studio without a recipe in hand and just going freestyle). There’s a little less ‘vanilla/creamy’ and a bit more coconut and banana.

I really like this – and I made enough to share! (But not a whole lot!)

Taster size is approximately 15g

ingredients: black teas

organic ingredients: black teas, bananas, coconut, vanilla bean & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

all done! last cup of this one is more banana than it has been, but still more coconut than banana. At least the banana came back to visit me today so that was a nice farewell :)