Pear Chai

Cardamon, Cinnamon, Pear, Sweet
Medium
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita

• “Loved this revisit. The pear isn’t really natural tasting to me, but it’s ok because it still tastes really good/juicy/sweet. In fact, it reminded me exactly of eating a giant handful of the pear...” Read full tasting note
  • “Chai to Stay Dry! It actually looks like a proper spring day today (and surprisingly not too windy for this area) but why stop the chai theme now? Decided to go with something a little different...” Read full tasting note
  • “Very nice subtle chai tea. It has a very pleasant taste, the pear adds sweetness with the typical chai flavors of cardamom, cinnamon and ginger as a subtle background. I enjoyed it very much and...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for March 26, 2018!

Yeah, it’s getting out of what I think of as “Chai Season” but when I blended this, we here the Pacific Northwest were experiencing freezing temperatures and were even expecting snow (which did arrive in the last half of February). So, I was in this weird kind of ‘mood’ – blending teas that reminded me of spring while still quite enjoying the spicier ‘cold weather’ flavors. At about that same time when I was in that mood, our local produce market had some beautiful pears for sale and it called to me to craft a pear tea.

So I brought together these ideas: early spring but still experiencing winter’s chill and one of my favorite fruits – pears – in this one tea: Pear Chai!

I started with an organic green tea blend of Chinese Gunpowder and Chun Mee (When I think of ‘spring’ I think green tea!) and added pears and some warm and lovely spices: Cinnamon, Allspice, Ginger and Cardamom. Not necessarily the most “traditional” blend of chai spices, but I think that they work nicely with the softer pear flavors.

organic ingredients: green teas, pears, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, cardamom & natural flavors

Steeping Instructions: Shake pouch to redistribute ingredients. Use 4-5g to 12 oz. 170 F hot water and steep for 2 1/2 minutes. Strain. For best flavor, allow to cool about five minutes.

About 52teas View company

Loved this revisit.

The pear isn’t really natural tasting to me, but it’s ok because it still tastes really good/juicy/sweet. In fact, it reminded me exactly of eating a giant handful of the pear flavoured Jelly Belly beans, but with a soft cinnamon and allspice finish to the flavour. So, even though I get pear candy over actual pear notes it still feels like a really balanced profile to me.

One of the few ‘good’ chai blends, in my opinion.

Chai to Stay Dry! It actually looks like a proper spring day today (and surprisingly not too windy for this area) but why stop the chai theme now? Decided to go with something a little different this morning, so I grabbed a green tea chai, and something a little fruitier! I love the scent of the dry leaf, which reminds me of Juicy Fruit gum; somehow the sweet pear and the hints of cardamom and other spices mixed together remind me of the aroma of that gum I used to chew as a child!

The tea has a strong, sweet pear flavor. The spices are on the softer side; I get some hints of warm cinnamon and cardamom on my tongue in the finish, but it a subtle warmth rather than a lingering spicy heat. The tea really has a lot of full, juicy pear flavor, and I was suprised with how many large chunks of dried pear were in my small sample.

This is a great pear-flavored tea with a nice natural sweetness and a touch of soothing warmth.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Pear, Sweet

Lexie Aleah

Sounds delicious!

Mastress Alita

It’s funny, I don’t like eating pears just because of the texture of the fruit (though I can eat them dried!), but I loooooove the taste/flavor of them, so I really enjoy when I can find a nice pear-flavored tea or candy!

Scheherazade

I don’t like the texture of pear, either, but I’m all over pear flavoured things!

Very nice subtle chai tea. It has a very pleasant taste, the pear adds sweetness with the typical chai flavors of cardamom, cinnamon and ginger as a subtle background. I enjoyed it very much and look forward to the next cup :).

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Pear