Winter Mint Oolong

Oolong Tea
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by 52Teas

• “I generally don’t care for mint, so I’ve been putting off trying this. But, I really enjoyed it! It’s mild and fresh, with a very clean finish. The mint was not overwhelming at all.” Read full tasting note
  • “This tea was our 8th Tea of Christmas for 2019. A fairly simple recipe: Wintergreen essence, vanilla extract & spearmint leaves with a lovely green TieGuanYin. I had originally obtained this...” Read full tasting note
  • “I don’t typically drink the same tea often in succession, but this was my absolute favourite tea from the 52Teas “advent”/12 Days of Tea this year – and maybe in my top three favourite of all the...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

A Special Tea Crafted for our 12 Teas of Christmas Box!

Our 8th Tea of Christmas & our 3rd Brand-New blend for our holiday box is this – our Winter Mint Oolong tea! It starts out with a lovely Tie Guan Yin Oolong Tea & is blended with Wintergreen extract, Vanilla extract & spearmint leaves for a lovely minty, creamy taste that’s sure to please!

I went with the combination of wintergreen & spearmint rather than peppermint because I find that peppermint can be a bit more aggressive in flavor, and I wanted something softer for the Oolong. The Oolong offers a silky, sweet base, the mint is cool & refreshing and the vanilla is soft & creamy. It’s really quite a wonderful Oolong blend!

It’s also organic, VEGAN, gluten-free & allergen free!

organic ingredients: oolong tea, spearmint leaves & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

This tea was our 8th Tea of Christmas for 2019. A fairly simple recipe: Wintergreen essence, vanilla extract & spearmint leaves with a lovely green TieGuanYin. I had originally obtained this TieGuanYin to reblend the Maple Cheesecake TieGuanYin. However, after I tasted the TieGuanYin on its own as well as another Oolong I ordered at the same time (Qilan), I determined that the Qilan would taste better with the Maple Cheesecake flavors so I did a slight alteration to the Maple Cheesecake recipe which left me with some TieGuanYin that I didn’t have plans for – so I created this recipe to include in our 12 Teas of Christmas box.

I love the way it all turned out. The Maple Cheesecake Oolong is really good with the Qilan Oolong (I think I prefer it with the Qilan – it has a darker, roasted flavor that just works better with the maple notes) & this tastes simply amazing: it’s sweet, it’s creamy & there’s just enough crisp mint to it to give it a lovely winter-y kind of flavor.

I found myself wondering why I didn’t keep more of this tea to myself – but then, I remembered that I have a whole tea studio filled with tea.

I don’t typically drink the same tea often in succession, but this was my absolute favourite tea from the 52Teas “advent”/12 Days of Tea this year – and maybe in my top three favourite of all the advent teas I tried from December…

I simply haven’t been able to get it out of my mind, and I keep gravitating back towards my sample. I’m going to sip it down so quickly at this point! That wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world though – I ended up ordering ten sample pouches of it before the extra 12 Days teas went up on the 52Teas website; I just needed to ensure I had it in stock!

Brilliant tea! Love the harmony of the creamy, floral oolong and the sweet and cooling wintergreen/peppermint combo!!

52Teas

This review makes me do the happy dance!