Raja Oolong Chai

Chai Oolong Blend
Candy, Cinnamon, Ginger, Sweet, Cloves
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Adagio Teas

A blend fit for royalty, this Indian inspired chai is a cinnamon lover’s dream. The rich complexity of oolong tea lays a smooth foundation for a majestic cup, packed with savory spice notes and hypnotic aroma. Elements of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, chicory and cocoa nibs harmoniously blend together creating an exciting, yet truly satisfying chai that is sure to tickle your taste buds.

Blended With Oolong Tea, Cinnamon, Ginger, Cardamom, Chicory, Cocoa Nibs, Natural Spicy Cinnamon Flavor, Black Peppercorn & Cloves

Cinnamon has long been a mystery to the Western world. Though it has been a popular spice since ancient times, it wasn’t until about the mid-to-late thirteenth century that Westerners actually knew where it came from, with rumors suggesting anything from it being fished from the Nile to it being collected from the nests of cinnamon birds. The real answer? It’s harvested from cinnamon trees in Southeast Asia. Oolong faces similar confusion in regards to its name, with several competing theories still fighting for the true name crown. So far as we can tell, none of them involve birds though.

About Adagio Teas View company

Backlog & Sipdown

Notes (1/5/22): Sweet and spicy chai. Quite lovely.

Adagio Advent Calendar – Day 7

Hmm an oolong chai, that sounds interesting. Although it smells like cinnamon candy so I don’t think it’s really a chai…

Yeah, this is sort of like a milder Hot Cinnamon Spice. The cinnamon is by far the strongest flavor, and it’s a sweet candylike cinnamon note that reminds me of Red Hots. I do get a little bit of ginger as well, but I don’t taste any cloves, cardamom, or pepper.

It’s fine, but overall a bit thin and I don’t taste the oolong at all. Meh!

(today’s advent teas: https://www.instagram.com/p/CIgMNjsgAZc/)

Flavors: Candy, Cinnamon, Ginger, Sweet

Mastress Alita

Sounds like the “Pure Chai” from DAVIDsTEA I had on Sunday — that one was also “milder Hot Cinnamon Spice” to a T(ea).

SIPDOWN 87
Thanks to Izzy I could drink this tea and sip down it today.

Today it was somehow less cinnamony, but more clove in… but cinnamon was present as well. It was decent in matter of hot spices, as peppercorn was present but not overpowering and pretty much same with ginger.

Only miss with this tea is it’s oolong — there is nothing that is saying it’s oolong base and I can imagine some nice roasted one would be great.

However, it’s fine and I would gladly drink it again.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 10 OZ / 300 ML

Another sample – this was one I got for Lindsey. Want to make a note even though I didn’t try it myself. It smelled really good, and she finished the whole thing without comment, so I’m assuming it was acceptable but not anything to write home about

(Sample 5/19)

Wow that’s a lot of cinnamon!

The intense and borderline sickly sweet cinnamon here is undercut by the other spices in the blend, namely the clove but also ginger/cardamom. I can see the appeal; it’s flavourful and the hint of cocoa is a nice addition. However, I found it cloyingly sweet in the finish and wasn’t super into how robust the cinnamon notes were.

Tried this as a latte and it is drinkable but definitely not a favorite. I think it is the peppercorns that is ruining this for me.