English Breakfast

Ceylon Black Tea
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Chris Chamorro

• “I like my morning tea with work boots on; this is more like a pair of walking shoes—-another review mentioned that it leans toward Ceylon and not Assam; I agree. Tolerates a long and sloppy steep,...” Read full tasting note
  • “How i got it: Got it in a swap with my wife, in addition to the one i got from the shop seller as a gift (part of Basilur’s “Specialty Classics” Pack) Experience: Well, let’s start with a new...” Read full tasting note

From Basilur

A full-bodied, robust and rich black tea blended to go well with milk and sugar, in a style traditionally associated with a hearty full English breakfast.

About Basilur View company

I like my morning tea with work boots on; this is more like a pair of walking shoes—-another review mentioned that it leans toward Ceylon and not Assam; I agree. Tolerates a long and sloppy steep, however; that’s always a plus.

Actually, forget the work boots. So much rain in Missouri, we need hip waders.

Fjellrev

Aww, I wouldn’t mind a bit of rain, so please send some over haha.

gmathis

There were DUCKS in the neighbor’s front yard this morning, which was filling up with the contents of Turkey Creek. Plenty of moisture to share!

Experience: Well, let’s start with a new Basilur pack, more on the classic side this time. This EB has a very intense aroma, which i could describe as a mix between Assam and Ceylan, with dominance of the latter. On the flavor part, however, this mix is more balanced, going from malty notes to fresh and crisp ones. Not very intense, but very rich and deep on taste, one of its most notable traits is that the characteristic bitter note of the Breakfast blends is very nuanced, almost absent from its flavor. Very interesting, and really good tea.

Would i buy it?: I think this would be a ‘yes’, sometime in the future.