Fruit Herbal Rooibos Blend
Apple Pieces, Cinnamon, Flavour, Hibiscus, Lemon Peel, Orange Peel, Red Rooibos, Rose Hips
Apple, Rooibos, Spices, Cinnamon
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

Available from 1 seller.

• “Sorry for the lack of posts but I have been unwell and unable to stomach any tea. Nothing serious, just a bug that has been going around. This tea was part of my monthly club package that I have...” Read full tasting note
  • “Surprised I had yet to crack this in my cupboard, considering I’ve got another Apple Strudel tea (Tea Gschwendner) that I love. Brewing this is a bit tricky, or at least it was for me. The apple...” Read full tasting note
  • “Really enjoyed a cup of this before bed last night. The scent is amazing — it’s like freshly warmed apple strudel, just as its name promises, and the flavour comes out surprisingly well in the...” Read full tasting note
  • “I had a cup of this last night since I was craving the flavor even though my taste buds are not working well with the cold I have. Seem to be a little better every day, but I’m done with it...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Award winning, apple + cinnamon rooibos perfection in a cup.

Apfelstrudel- the best thing to have come out of Austria since The Sound of Music. Now, the important question is not who had it first (the Austrians or the Germans), but rather what to have on your strudel. Are you a custard, cream or ice cream kinda chap?

The Guild of Fine Food judges said:

‘Delicious, warming and welcoming nose. Tastes just like an apple strudel and gives a delightful clean and gratifying experience, enhanced by the gentle sweetness of the stevia. A great surprise and an excellent balanced blend. Great all round appeal.’

Rooibos, cinnamon, apple pieces, freeze-dried apple, orange peel, lemon peel, hibiscus, rosehip, flavour

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

This tea was part of my monthly club package that I have yet to try. The base is Rooibos and quite thick but large chunks of fruit and cinnamon bark are clearly noticeable. Smell wise it’s sweet apple, raisins and cinnamon with a baked pastry aroma, not sure where that is coming from but it smells delicious. It’s been a long time since I had any sort of sweet pastry. :(

Once steeped the tea is red brown in colour with a delicious sweet, sticky apple strudel pasty. Much nicer than the raw form and I didn’t think that was possible.

In flavour I can taste light and sweet with notes of apple, raisin, cinnamon and subtle hints of pastry. I think the pastry is present mostly because of a sweet almost buttery flavour that I cannot work out. The ingredients list things that I cannot detect at all such as orange, lemon and hibiscus.

My husband is a fan too, says it really does taste like apple strudel (and he rarely ever likes sweet teas). Another hit, not one of my favourites but a nice treat from time to time when I crave apple.

Brewing this is a bit tricky, or at least it was for me. The apple pieces were all stuck together, and they basically clung to the rooibos. I decided to make two cups at once so that I could get one teaspoon of apple pieces and one of the rest of the ingredients.

Steeped (and I steeped it too long) there’s definitely an apple strudel feel and taste. Having said that, the apples are tasting like there’s a chemical base (odd, considering I can see the apple pieces), and the rooibos is mighty strong. I’m finding I have issues with some red rooibos, and unfortunately this is one of them.

Boiling 8 min or more

Really enjoyed a cup of this before bed last night. The scent is amazing — it’s like freshly warmed apple strudel, just as its name promises, and the flavour comes out surprisingly well in the taste as well.

There’s a lot of apple in here — so much that the rooibos is sticking to it, and it comes out of the packet in clumps rather than smooth, free flowing loose tea. I actually quite like that about it — it’s not like the clumps are huge, and they look a bit like crumble topping. Funny how my mind works. Anyway, the taste here is pretty much dead-on apple strudel. There’s even that slightly gelatinous taste to the apples, like they’re in a thick, sugary sauce. I can taste something that reminds me of pastry, too, although I can’t quite put my finger on what it is that’s making me think that way. The spicing is perfect. Subtle enough that the apple shines through, and is the real star, but still easily tasteable. The rooibos here is a pretty good match too, I think. It has just the right herbally/woody aspect to offset the sweet, tart apple.

I love this, in short. So much that I think I’m going to have another cup tonight, rather than moving on to another rooibos/herbal tea. This is going to make a wonderful addition to my bedtime rotation this winter! Great stuff, Bluebird!

yyz

sounds awesome!

I had a cup of this last night since I was craving the flavor even though my taste buds are not working well with the cold I have. Seem to be a little better every day, but I’m done with it already!

I happily sipped away on this with the little I could taste… It hit the spot. Warm, sweet, cinnamony (I know, it’s not a word). This one may make my list of things to order at some point… Thanks MissB for the introduction.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Currently sipping on this as I wind down and start thinking about my bed. It won’t be my last tea of the day, but it’s a lovely one to aid the transition between evening and sleep. This is also a great seasonal choice, given how absolutely freezing it is tonight! Brrr!

Sadly, there’s not much left in my packet of this. I was a bit stingy with the measuring for this mug, as there’s only enough left for one more and I’d rather my last brew was a perfect spoonful. Actually, there are a few Bird & Blend packets I’m almost out of. I noticed the Christmas blends were up today and I’m so tempted to put in another order, but, arghh, must not buy more tea!

Anyway, this one! There are huge chunks of apple pieces in the packet. Even in my measly measurement I still managed to get several in the spoon. There’s lots of rooibos too, though that might be because I’m down to the last of it. This smells so comforting, both dry and in the cup. And it does actually taste like apple strudel! Granted it’s been a long time since I tried apple strudel, but this evokes memories of times that I have. The apple is dominant, but there’s a really nice, light spiciness that instantly warms me up. The rooibos does taste stronger than I remember it doing so in the past with this blend, but again, this could be due to me being at the end of my packet.

I do think this would be on my repurchase list, though probably not this year. There are other Bird & Blend teas I prefer, and other blends of theirs I haven’t tried that I’d probably order over this one. Overall though, this is a very enjoyable, autumnal, cosy cuppa.

Flavors: Apple, Rooibos, Spices

The tea leaves smell amazing. The apple was very sticky so I tried to make sure it was mixed evenly with the rest of the ingredients. I initially brewed the tea for 5 minutes, which resulted in a tea that was very much the taste of rooibos with a hint of fruit.
The second pot I added more tea and brewed for longer. The tea was initially just a stronger version of the original flavour. Eventually after brewing for 15 mins the tea took on a very sweet taste. The taste wasn’t particularly like apple strudel and this was a lot of work for more than just a cup of rooibos tea

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 3 OZ / 100 ML

Boring. i mean it’s creamy and apple like with hints of cinnamon like a strudel but the brew as a whole comes across as almost faded. Tasty enough cup, but lacking in flavour intensity is maybe what i’m feeling?

Another one to try from a while ago, the combined Bluebird order! This blend looks like mostly those yogurt bits.. a little odd but I don’t mind them! A little odd in an apple strudel tea though. I tried to mix it a little bit before taking a teaspoon. The cup was barely pink, if that says how much rooibos actually made it to the teaspoon. I’m very glad I didn’t notice any hibiscus/rosehips. The flavor is delicious – it does taste a lot like a dessert. Equal parts creaminess, apple, cinnamon. Another amazing Bluebird blend!
Steep #1 // few min after boiling // 3 min
Steep #2 // just boiled // 5 min

(I must also mention I had the Pumpkin Pie recently too, and I’m amazed at Bluebird’s consistent flavors over the years. Teas that I sampled years ago have the same flavors that I remember in new batches.)

I was going to have this tea the other night, but I fell asleep after I made my cup.. so no apple strudel for me! Tonight I’m giving it another try and hopefully I’ll sip before I fall asleep!

The scent of this tea reminds me a little bit of stewed apples. I love this smell and it weirdly brings back memories for me. Sipping… the start of the sip starts out not tasting like much.. perhaps a little bit of a watery rooibos? I taste a bit of sweet, stewed apple next. The finish is where the cinnamon pops a bit more. I really love that the cinnamon isn’t spicy, but adds that lovely sweetness you’d get on top of an apple crumble or a baked apple. The combination of the two is spot on! I’m missing out on the pastry bit of the blend, but the apple-cinnamon combination is tasty enough to appease me.

I can see myself ordering more of this in the future since it’s different from any other apple or rooibos blend in my collection. Happy to have tried this one!

The last of my sample from Scheherazade — thank you! I’ve really enjoyed this.

Today I brewed it with a bit of milk and sugar, after having to accept that not every single tea will shine best as a plain unsweetened beast. I’m being rewarded for my milk and sugar efforts today! This was a delicious dessert treat.

Sami Kelsh

Yum. I honestly find a lot of flavoured teas do shine best with a touch of sugar added. It just draws out the flavours a little more, I think.

Memily

I think you might be right! And milk can enhance the creaminess. Darn, trust me to have a lot of flavoured black favourites…