Blue Raspberry

Green Tea
Natural Flavours, Raspberries, Sencha
Edit tea info Last updated by CrowKettle

• “Very much green tea in flavour. I feel the raspberries need to be brewed longer than the rest of the tea, so it’s a bit of an awkward blend. I ended up putting the raspberries directly in the tea...” Read full tasting note
  • “I made another Unicorn Fizz a few days ago, because my last one wasn’t the unmitigated success I expected it to be. This time I used 2 tsp of leaf instead of the recommended 3, and only the tiniest...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

The magical butterfly blue pea flower turns your cuppa a bright blue colour, naturally! This pretty plant is full of antioxidants and our addition of raspberries + green tea makes this a health boosting brew indeed! Mixologist tip off – try adding a squeeze of lemon and see the colour change!

Chinese sencha green tea, blue pea flowers, freeze-dried raspberry pieces, natural flavouring

1 heaped teaspoon per cup – 80° water – 3 mins – no milk

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Very much green tea in flavour. I feel the raspberries need to be brewed longer than the rest of the tea, so it’s a bit of an awkward blend. I ended up putting the raspberries directly in the tea after brewing. The colour is great and this is a fun tea, but the taste is not exceptional.

2066 tasting notes

I made another Unicorn Fizz a few days ago, because my last one wasn’t the unmitigated success I expected it to be. This time I used 2 tsp of leaf instead of the recommended 3, and only the tiniest squeeze of lemon juice to effect the colour change. It was noticably better – the raspberry was a little more prominent and I found the whole thing less sour and unpalatable. The butterfly pea flower gives this such a funky taste, though – it’s really strong, and I think it just doesn’t work all that well with the raspberry/sencha combination.

I really wanted to like this one. As an idea, it sounds excellent – blue raspberry, tea, unicorns…what’s not to love? I’ll try this one a couple more times – I’ve yet to give it a chance hot, or cold-brewed. At the moment, though, I’m thinking it might be a blend that favours style (and appearance) over substance (and flavour), which is a shame.

Iced 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp
VariaTEA

I wonder how this would be as a tea lemonade and if it would have the same color changing effect…

Scheherazade

I might try cold brewing it in lemonade, just to see what happens.

VariaTEA

That’s an interesting plan. I look forward to hearing about it :)