Hibiscus, Sour
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Vote back by YOU for Spring, let us re-introduce Purple Rain!

Founded by children of the 80’s, with inherited vinyl collections, the Bird & Blend family were always going to have a soft spot for Prince. This Parma Violet brew is deep purple in colour + its floral notes are the perfect tribute.

First flush Darjeeling black tea, Ceylon black tea, hibiscus, mallow flowers, flavour.

Warning: Packed in an environment that contains nuts.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

I’ve been putting off tasting this for the last 6 months because I was worried I would love it and I wouldn’t be able to get it again. Tea logic. I saw it was available on the Bird and Blend VIP website again, so finally decided to brew up a cup. Yeesh! Thankfully I have August Uncommon’s Black Metallic as a lovely violet tea to indulge in, because this is not what I was hoping for. It’s just straight hibiscus with a whisper of violet. Not sure why the hibiscus was necessary in this blend, but it kind of ruined it for me.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Sour

Roswell Strange

Definitely agree with you!

At some point I should write a more thorough review of this tea, but right now in this moment I feel like I’m on the verge of crashing and having a nice, long nap – so I’m just gonna summarize my thoughts in bullet point form:

- Purchased this because I was intrigued by the idea of a violet tea
- I’ve had lots of violet blends lately; and the violet note in this tea is comparable to them
- I do wish it was stronger though; it actually feels like the main flavour is hibiscus
- A touch too tart/sour; sort of ‘cuts at’ the side of my tongue
- Darjeeling is a weird base tea choice!?
- I don’t think it gives good enough body to the blend
- Is it supposed to play up the floral notes?
- Floral elements of darjeeling are VERY different than violet…
- Steeped up a gorgeous, bright sunset orange though!

Bluegreen

Such a good name for a tea.