Lime Marshmallow

White Tea
Creamy, Lime, Powdered sugar, Cream, Citrus, Hay, Marshmallow
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Butiki Teas

• “The observance of Lincoln’s birthday seemed like a better time than most to finally finish reading Coates’s Between the World and Me. This is the tea I drank while doing so. I was not paying full...” Read full tasting note
  • “I drank this yesterday, but had a super busy day and didn’t have time to write up any tasting notes. It was a weird sort of day, all in all. I love this tea. After getting mostly a lime aroma from...” Read full tasting note
  • “The people who described this as a powdered sugar covered lime cookie were pretty spot on. It is a lime candy scent, although I don’t find it to be a sweet tea. I think my tastebuds are a little...” Read full tasting note
  • “Yessssss!!!!! I love this tea! This is one I was very close to getting, but ended up not getting at the very last minute, so I am super glad that this was one of the teas that Deleriums Frog sent...” Read full tasting note

From Butiki Teas

Our Lime Marshmallow pairs our Organic Bai Mu Dan with gentle lime and creamy marshmallow. The sweet lime flavor is immediately noticeable followed by a marshmallow flavor that lingers. Adding some sugar will create a gooey marshmallow flavor with hints of sweet lime.

Ingredients: Organic Bai Mu Dan (Chinese White Tea), Dried Lime Peel, Organic Natural Flavors (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes 30 seconds
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more information, please visit www.butikiteas.com.

About Butiki Teas View company

The observance of Lincoln’s birthday seemed like a better time than most to finally finish reading Coates’s Between the World and Me. This is the tea I drank while doing so. I was not paying full attention to the tea but it seems to have lost some of the chewy mallow flavor that I disliked when the blend first came out. Now it’s more of a creamy lime. While I still find it a little odd, I do like it much better now than I did when it was fresh. This would probably be a good cold brew if the leaf can last until warm weather returns.

Flavors: Creamy, Lime

I love this tea. After getting mostly a lime aroma from the dry leaf, I was really surprised by how much the tea itself smells like marshmallow. For something which just has a few ingredients, and none of them really things you can replicate with tea, the scent is dead on. I often get my brother to try teas and guess the flavour, and can sometimes persuade my mam to play along, though she’s generally less willing and way off base. This time, she took one sip and immediately said ‘marshmallow’ very confidently. I hadn’t tried it yet, and didn’t believe it would actually taste like marshmallow, so I accused her of looking at the packet, which she denied. I think I believe her too, because for one thing it really does somehow taste like marshmallow, and for another, when I did show her the label she was gleefully triumphant, and also confused about the lime, which she didn’t taste. My brother was less certain, but drank half my mug trying to figure out what the "familiar " flavour was so I’m going to say it was met with general approval from my family (he said he could taste the lime and eventually got marshmallow after sniffing it). My dad is very fussy with food and I’ve never even attempted to get him to try any of my teas.

After my disbelief at my mam’s reaction, I’m not sure why I was still surprised when I tried this and found it to taste like marshmallow, but I was. It’s incredible how such a generally mild flavour, which I wouldn’t be able to describe at the best of times, can be translated so perfectly into tea. It’s sweet and pillowy just as a marshmallow should be, and it’s followed by a sweet candy lime note which helps to prevent it from being too sweet or blah. Out of all my Butiki teas, I think this is one of the most accurately named. The tea was sweet enough on its own that I didn’t want to add sugar in case it wrecked the flavour balance, but I will eventually (reluctantly) try it with some added.

The people who described this as a powdered sugar covered lime cookie were pretty spot on. It is a lime candy scent, although I don’t find it to be a sweet tea. I think my tastebuds are a little off as I usually get a peculiar bitterness when I drink white teas, and maybe that offsets the sweetness for me in this one. (It isn’t an unpleasant bitterness, but it’s there.) The lime wasn’t overpowering but was definitely present – it wasn’t sour at all, just somehow limey without the tang. I really enjoyed drinking it, but it left a weird aftertaste in my mouth so it wasn’t my favorite.

Flavors: Lime, Powdered sugar

Yessssss!!!!! I love this tea! This is one I was very close to getting, but ended up not getting at the very last minute, so I am super glad that this was one of the teas that Deleriums Frog sent me in our tea swap recently!

I do like lime flavoured items, though not straight lime so much, unless it is lime juice squeezed on a fish taco or something where it enhances the dish. Sweet and creamy desserty lime…sign me up! I like Lime Gelato David’s Tea and Lime Chiffon from Della Terra, so I felt I would like this too.

Right away after the initial steep, I put the filter basket with steeped leaves right into my mason jar mug and initiated a cold steep for later. I knew I wanted to try to get a second steep from the leaves, so I thought cold steep might work. I ’m having the hot steep now, though.

The dominant taste, as others have already noted, is lime. It’s not a super tart or sour lime, but it’s also not a weak lime either. The marshmallow adds a nice sweet and creamy note that is, as some have said already, a bit like candy. I’d also say it is not that far off from those lemon/lime cookies with the powder sugar that melts in your mouth. I can’t taste the base that much, but I can sense it, but I’m actually fine with this, as I like the base stepping aside to let the stronger flavours take the spotlight.

This tea is a win, and I wish I had more. There is enough for another serving, and hopefully 2-3 steeps with that. Once again, I am so happy to try this from the swap with DF.

Flavors: Cream, Lime

This one had a very strong aroma of lime candy, or maybe lime soda, and it did taste kind of artificial—not in an awful way, but I could’ve done with a more natural lime The white tea—or maybe the mallow—added sweetness but otherwise didn’t come through strongly. This one was alright, but not a blend I’ll miss.

So as a college student I like to find good deals and one of them was a bunch of new Davids Tea on Ebay so I bid and won. Interestingly enough, the seller included some Butiki tea which I found odd but it made me happy.

I decided to brew this one this morning and thought it was a green tea. For a white tea it has some strength to it. I can taste the marshmallow for sure, not so much the lime. Either way, I actually enjoy this cup of tea.

I held off trying this one, because after smelling the bag, I knew I’d love it….and loving a tea I can’t ever get again brings on some complicated feels. lol
After trying to clean the mess that is my home (really, it’s an insurmountable task…), I thought I’d take a break and try the TEA I have been waiting for…
And, yup.
It’s the lime tea of my dreams.
It’s creamy, and limey, and this mixture of intense lime scent with an ethereal quality that really does it for me. This is one phenomenal tea.
I’m a person that’s favourite cookie is powdered sugar dusted lime meltaways… so, this tea is really my holy grail. But, I’m Indian Jones, and I’ve found it! (…without all that Indiana Jones macho imperialistic stuff I only noticed as an adult… lol).
Oh, this tea…. THIS TEA!!!!

Plunkybug

I was so close to getting this one.

Plunkybug

Yay! Thank you for sharing this with me…I love it!

I had to try this one… lime marshmallow! There is definite lime and definite marshmallow flavors here. The marshmallow is half like meringue somehow as well, so this tastes like a key lime pie, especially when the cup cools. The lime is so strong that the flavor of the bai mu dan itself has disappeared. That’s fine though, as this is a tasty cup. Not as good as the cantaloupe and cream, but that is tough to beat.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 tsp // 25 min after boiling // 1 1/2 min steep
Steep #2 // 20 min a.b. // 3-4 min

mmmm so one of the best parts about working from home occasionally is that it lets me get out some of the teas that either require more time and focus from me (puerhs, i’m looking at you!) or teas that don’t taste nearly as delicious in a travel mug. This is one of those teas. I LOVE this tea…lime, marshmallow goodness but travel mug just makes it less amazing. I’ll be sad when this one is all gone.

Kittenna

That is exactly how I feel about my new job – I get to actually have teas not in travel mugs! It’s great. I should bring along my Lime Marshmallow tomorrow if I remember, because now I’m craving it, haha.

new job? did you tell us about that? what are you doing?

Kittenna

I probably alluded to it but didn’t say much (or if I did, it’s in a tasting note I didn’t post yet). I basically got a promotion to be a quality assurance tester at my call centre job. More flexible hours, slightly higher pay, and I have my own desk/can make tea when I want. It’s pretty great, and the job is certainly more enjoyable.

oh nice!

Yum! This is really good. Thank you so much Stacy for popping this one in my last order, I am now SO glad I ordered more during the sale! Dry leaf smells both of intense lime and moderate marshmallow. Hot it is basically lime candy. The marshmallow isn’t very strong but gives it sweetness, which helps take away a bit of the tart edge. It isn’t sour at all, just so very limey. I added in a little honey and the marshmallow beefed up a lot with the added sweetness.

I am so excited to have so many new goodies to try…pretty much everything I’ve had from Butiki is great!