Raspberry Zinger

Fruit Herbal Blend
Blackberry Leaves, Hibiscus, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Raspberry, Raspberry Leaves, Roasted Chicory Root, Rose Hips
Raspberry, Hibiscus, Berries, Berry, Sour, Tart, Astringent, Candy, Cherry, Fruity
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Celestial Seasonings

The distinctive sweet-tart flavor and enticing aroma of American-grown raspberries are the perfect complement for fruity Thai hibiscus and tart and tangy Chinese hibiscus in this robust herbal blend. Soothing when served warm, this blend is satisfying and refreshing when served as iced tea.

Ingredients: Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, orange peel, blackberry leaves, natural raspberry flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), raspberries and raspberry leaves

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Like all good middle-class Americans, I’ve consumed my share of Celestial Seasonings Zinger teas, including this one, Raspberry Zinger. For years, I was perfectly satisfied with this company’s many variations on the hibiscus-rosehip theme. Until I encountered Tazo and realized that the Zingers really lacked zing by comparison. I especially found that Tazo Passion occupied a different stratum as far as intensity and quality of flavor were concerned. From then on, I pretty much stopped buying Celestial Seasonings tea, though I do occasionally find some in my house.

Case in point: this four-bag sample pack of Raspberry Zinger, of unknown age and provenance. The dried tea smelled exactly like my memory of this blend, so I brewed it up fully intending to drink it iced. Upon discovering that it was indeed a bit lacking in the flavor department (though I brewed it double strength to pour over ice), I threw a fair amount of True Lime into the mix. Then the iced beverage was more like a strong citrus punch with a bit of raspberry in the background. Pretty thirst quenching, but I won’t be buying it again. If I find any more Celestial Seasoning Zinger bags lying around, I’ll probably deploy the same strategy with them as well. The reason why I brewed this hot rather than cold was because I accidentally boiled too much water while preparing today’s coffee, so I figured Why not?

For those who do not know: True Lime is the miraculously freeze-dried form of lime juice. It is a million times better than the juice in those green plastic limes or in any bottled form. I highly recommend it to those who like to use citrus to flavor iced teas or in cooking. The company also makes True Lemon, True Orange, and True Grapefruit, all of which do truly represent the taste of the respective juice.

Boiling 8 min or more
Tabby

Hey, I’m not middle-aged but I used to love this tea. Back in the late 90’s I would drink this and watch South Park all the time…

Amaryllis

Ah, red zinger brings me back. It was the only tea I drank as a kid and I rembrer having an odd love hate for it even then. Good times

mj

Around Christmas, Celestial Seasonings puts out a tea called Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride. That one is totally worth buying.

Cheri

Where do you get this true lime stuff? It sounds great!

Cheri

I found their website. They don’t carry it at my grocery store I usually shop at, but Kroger has it. I’ll have to grab some when I take my MIL shopping next.

Tamarindel

Wow, True Lime sounds amazing!

sherapop

Cheri & Tamarindel: the citrus powders they sell are truly awesome because they capture the true taste of the juice, unlike Realemon, which seems fake to me. I do recommend! No more forgotten, rotten lemons and limes in the back of my fridge!

I’m a big fan of raspberries and raspberry flavored things, so I usually keep a box of this on hand. Raspberry pairs pretty well with Hibiscus, although I usually add a pinch of Xylitol for to bring out the flavor and counteract some of the tartness.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Raspberry, Tart

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea is delicious! Great iced and sweetened!

7 OZ / 207 ML

Looking at the ingredients, this is a blend of mostly hibiscus and rosehips. It does however taste of raspberries. This is a favorite of mine to keep in my lunchbag at work. It is both invigorating and soothing. I would like to taste it iced in the summer.

Oy vey. I did not like this one. Perhaps I just wasn’t in the mood for tart, but this just tasted like sour water to me (and I was looking forward to the raspberry!) Felt bad about wasting the water, but had to pour this down the drain after a couple sips. First time I’ve done that in a very long time.

One of my favorite fruity Celestial Seasonings teas. It’s not too sweet, and I’ve been meaning to pick up another box, as I haven’t had it in a seriously long time. It doesn’t need sugar, about a quarter of a teaspoon suffices for me. A sweet, pleasant tea that actually tastes like raspberry.

I don’t personally care for the fruity teas served warm, but this one does make a nice change to normal iced tea in the summer. Mix it half and half with regular tea bags for just a hint of the fruit and sweeten it for a Southern twist.

Tart, warm, raspberry fruitiness.

Excellent as iced tea. Just about the right amount of tartness.

Color: Dark Purple
Aroma: Lemony/Earthy
Taste: Like a lemon raspberry sorbet with a distinctly raspberry finish. Strong lemonade flavor.
I think it tastes even better when steeped longer and then iced. I will most likely purchase this again, especially in the summer.