Chocolate Hazelnut

Edit tea info Last updated by Dexter

From CitizenTea

Rich chocolate and hazelnut brittle. A chocolate lovers dream!
Black tea, cacao nibs, hazelnut brittle (sugar, hazelnut, lactose, vegetable fat, glucose syrup), flavouring.

About CitizenTea View company

Yeah this was delicious. A tasty, sweet, rich flavoured black. Could be a little more hazelnutty but I was pretty pleased.

I quite enjoyed this one! I like the mix of chocolate and hazelnut. I have a hazelnut agave here at home, so I would probably add it to the tea and make the nuttiness come out more. Also, I’m planning on trying this one as a latte next ’cause I know it would be delicious! Yummmm!

Indigobloom

I didn’t find it all that hazelnutty, not as much as I’d hoped for anyhow. I think it’d do well as a latte with some kind of nut milk (all I have is almond but it might do!)

TheKesser

that sounds good!

Ahh finally. Had this again today and got plenty of flavour. Still generic, and sourish. But the nutty hazel tones and chocolate did make an appearance… noticeably! I’m not sure what I did differently this time. Could be the cocoa bits sunk to the bottom of my sample.

Fjellrev

That’s really too bad. When I was doing a mock order, I thought this would for sure be a great one.

Indigobloom

I find a lot of dessert teas made by non boutique tea places are like this… but then my standards were never the same again after trying Butiki or AQ2T etc :P

Indigobloom

Also, I seem to be enjoying it more than I used to, even if I don’t find it to be quality. Wish I knew why haha

Sample from cavocorax this one wasn’t bad. it’s not a knock your socks off omg yes lease! sort of tea, but again, given that this is a canadian company, availability may win out next time i need to order. this is more milk chocolate than dark and the hazelnut is really in the background here. I wish it was a little more nutty and more like dark chocolate, but again, not half bad.

Cavocorax

It really reminds me of the Harney & Sons equivalent? Florence? I liked it but wasn’t wowed but… who knows, I might get another sample later on.

been a long time since i had H&S heh but i think so?

Dexter

Whimper…. I miss Florence….

dex – i can always order some via my tea mule of you’re desperate!

Dexter

Thanks Sil – I guess I’m not THAT desperate – I have lots of Passage left, will make do with what I have.

let me know dex :)

This is just ok for me. It’s sweet chocolate with a hint of nut. Nothing really wrong with it, but it’s not really special either. I would prefer it if it were a little more bitter chocolate, and more nutty. IMHO there are better chocolate nut teas out there.

Evol Ving Ness

Too bad. It sounds like it should be fab.

Dexter

I think I’m just spoiled. Passage from August Uncommon is just sooooo much better than this. This one is ok just pales in comparison.

Evol Ving Ness