Rooibos de Noël

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Candy, Orange
Edit tea info Last updated by JoonSusanna
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “This smells delicious, like juicy oranges, and it came out of Dammann Freres’ advent calendar. I wasn’t a huge fan of it plain, so I added sweetener almost immediately. Then it becomes a creamy...” Read full tasting note
  • “Day 18! Darn you steepster!! Making it super difficult to find a tea. Most people would give up after it wouldn’t come up in the find a tea search box. The rest would give up after manually...” Read full tasting note
  • “Advent calendar day 18. Rooibos. We meet again. I have learned that I’m just not much of a fan of herbals. I’ll try them, sure, but I don’t go out of my way to buy them anymore. They just taste...” Read full tasting note
  • “good morning! merry christmas! I have tried SO MANY TEAS over the past few days and haven’t made notes for any, booooo :( So even though I don’t like posting from my phone I’m gonna try to do it...” Read full tasting note

From Dammann Freres

South African rooibos with ginger bread, bitter orange and black cherry flavours. A brilliant maelstrom of Christmas flavours enhanced with ginger bits, cloves, red berries and orange peels. (Brewing time: 4 to 5 minutes)

About Dammann Freres View company

I wasn’t a huge fan of it plain, so I added sweetener almost immediately. Then it becomes a creamy orange with a hint of cherry. I get few spices, but again that’s likely from my oversteeping issues of late.

Boiling 8 min or more

Day 18!

Darn you steepster!! Making it super difficult to find a tea. Most people would give up after it wouldn’t come up in the find a tea search box. The rest would give up after manually searching through all of Dammann’s teas on the site. But no… I am a tea addict (and proud to say it). I will attempt to add the tea, only to find out there is already a tea that exists by the same name that doesn’t come up anywhere else on the site. Whew!

Anyway, this tea is super delish. It quite reminds me of flocon d’epices. I think Dammann must have shares in hubba bubba gum because that is what all of their teas taste like for me. I get minimal rooibos taste. I definitely taste the black cherry and red fruits. I am not getting much ginger bread but the liquor is quite thick. I am getting a bit of clove but it is not too spicey and pleasantly sweet.

sounds interesting!

JoonSusanna

Haha. I do all of those things too! I added this last night so probably about the same time you were looking for it – for some reason it takes a bit for the tea to show up when you do a search for it, though…

Advent calendar day 18.

Rooibos. We meet again.

I have learned that I’m just not much of a fan of herbals. I’ll try them, sure, but I don’t go out of my way to buy them anymore. They just taste off to me now.

This is no exception. The dry leaf smells mostly of orange and clove but it also doesn’t definitively smell of tea. It has a medicinal smell that gets stronger when brewed (I’m thinking this may be due to the cherry.)

The taste (served with no additives) is okay – mostly orange. The mouthfeel is fine. I just really don’t like that medicinal note – I have to breathe through my mouth in order to take a sip.

Yeah, not wowed, but then I didn’t expect to be, really.

Stephanie

Bleh, rooibos ;)

good morning! merry christmas!
So even though I don’t like posting from my phone I’m gonna try to do it more often.

Yesterday’s movies include 2 documentaries, ‘The Woodmans’ and ‘Cutie and The Boxer’. Both about artists. Both very good.
Today I’m gonna start with ‘56 up’. It’s a series where the filmmaker interviews the same group of British children every 7 years. When I worked at a video store in Philadelphia I got hooked.

I drank this tea last night as I watched an episode of ‘my cat from hell’ at 1am. I had just learned about it at dinner and I was curious. What can I say :)

MissB

7 Up (and all of the following years) is excellent!

Shmiracles

yesterday i got a friend newly hooked on the UP series too. and then today she got another person hooked! spreading the word…
it’s easy to recommend them when they are all on netflix. :)

Advent day 17! I was scared when I saw a rooibos today, but it’s actually one of my favorite teas in the DF advent so far! The rooibos flavor isn’t too prominent, and there are some really nice gingerbread and orange notes that were really enjoyable.

Catching up on my advent calendar teas. Unless it’s green rooibos in Lupicia’s melon tea I dislike rooibos I I was expecting to hate this and delayed my opening the pouch. But I’m glad I gave it a chance tonight. It turned out very good! Who would have thought?!?

The dry smell was delicious; all spiced orange. And brewed with a little sweetener, the rooibos taste was minimal for me and the fruitiness remained. I got mostly orange, red fruit sweetness and a little bit of spices. Nicely done! Since my husband passed on that one, I’ll try another cup and see if this was a fluke but as of right now, I totally liked it!

Day 19 of the Dammann Freres Advent Calendar

This one was pretty good. The woody flavor of the rooibos was there, but not prominent. I got a bit of the citrus, a bit more of the cherry, and some of the spices. I often get an odd dry feeling on my tongue from cinnamon, but I got only a little of that with this one. For me the cherry was a little out of place. I liked the spicy/citrus just fine without it.

#adventageddon Day Seventeen – 3/6

This was a nice tea as well, but I can’t help but point out that it’s essentially the third orange and ginger combination tea in this advent – just on a rooibos base. I like the combination a lot, and I think that DF has a winning orange flavour but I don’t really want to experience it three times in the span of a week just with different tea bases. The rooibos is pleasant, honey and wood notes, but not enough to set it apart IMO.

Still finishing up some of these teabags since I’ve been sipping on other teas. I am excited that this is another rooibos blend – always a nice caffeine treat to have at the end of the day. This one smells very much like strong, tangy orange and cinnamon. A little concerning.. but I’ll give it a try!

Sipping… I’m surprised that the flavor is a bit weak considering how strong the scent is. I taste something similar to Fruit Stripe gum in the sip and then regular bubblegum in the aftertaste. I do detect some orange, but everything else that is included in the blend is lost for me. It’s not a bad blend and it’s reasonably tasty, but the flavor combination is weird and a little confusing.

December 18 – Advent 2014