Fraise Pistache

Fruit Green Blend
Almond, Fruity, Green, Nutty, Strawberry, Sweet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Dammann Freres

Simply fresh, fragrant, delicious, this blend combines the lively and green notes of a Sencha tea to the delicious flavours of pistachio and strawberry. A tasty gourmet alliance.

About Dammann Freres View company

This is really nice iced. The sencha base is good, lots of fruity strawberry and nutty pistachio, although the pistachio is more similar to walnut and almond.

Flavors: Almond, Fruity, Green, Nutty, Strawberry, Sweet

Iced 8 min or more
Fjellrev

Love the sound of that.

I was hoping this one would be delicious — it is! I just wish DF would list their ingredients. I often find fruit pieces that aren’t listed and unidentifiable. I love the green tea with this one. It is refreshing but also sweetly vegetal but with a creamy smooth quality. Then there is subtle sweet candy strawberry flavor and just the tiniest hint of pistachio. Such a unique but fitting combination, especially with this base tea. I can’t really tell if the green tea has matcha or if it’s just broken green tea leaves but it’s delicious. I could almost wish for more flavor from the strawberry and pistachio, but then I’d notice less of the green tea. I’m glad I bought some of this one — I would again! It reminded me a little of Lupicia’s Strawberry Vanilla. I must have steeped this quite well.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug// 27 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // 28 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep

This is one of the teas I was most looking forward to from the DF group order, but instead it’s turning out to be one of the bigger disappointments. I’m mostly just tasting the sencha base, with a hint of candy strawberry and no pistachio to speak of. I think strawberry and pistachio make for a fabulous flavor combination, in general, and I was hoping for a tea that captured both components in all their glory.

I did steep it for 4 minutes, of a suggested 3-4, so I’ll try it at 3 next time in hopes that the strawberry and/or pistachio come through more strongly. I’m starting to wonder if DF’s greens just don’t work for me—and my feeling that what this company does best is old school European flavors is definitely getting stronger.

tea-sipper

I’m sipping this one now… I think you should definitely try it at a lower temp and for a three minute steep time (maybe even two minutes?) I’m tasting both strawberry and a LITTLE bit of pistachio with mine. (I steeped after cooling the water for around 27 minutes and steeping for three minutes.)