Happy Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From Dammann Freres

Product description not available yet.

About Dammann Freres View company

#adventageddon Day 11 – 1/5

I was skeptical about this tea when I saw it today; a green tea with kiwi, cucumber and apple!? What a weird selection for an advent calendar – that flavour profile feels so summery, and I couldn’t picture kiwi and cucumber going together. I had to wonder if this was maybe one of those cases where DF had excess inventory of a summer tea that flopped and they needed to use it up…

However, it was REALLY good! My sense of taste was a bit dull/muted all day today because of the cold I’m getting but I still found this cup really flavourful. It wasn’t really all that cucumber tasting, but there was a really sweet and juicy mix of kiwi and fresh green apple notes, with a bit of a crispness. It reminded me a lot of DT’s now long retired blend Kiwi’s Big Adventure – but more appley. I like the kiwi/apple combo a lot, actually!

So, I was really taken aback by this one – but it was a highlight of my morning and it did make me pretty happy!

VariaTEA

Maybe Kiwi’s Big Adventure is what it reminded me of!

Advent day 11! The flavor of this tea reminds me of the Sanrio stores I would frequent as a kid. Specifically, the Sanrio gum or candy that was melon flavored. This tea has the exact same flavor. Because of the nostalgia, I loved it! It was definitely a ‘happy green’ for me. Really enjoyed this, but it’s not something I would rush to repurchase.

This tea is driving me nuts because it is SO familiar but I can’t place why. Like I know I never had this tea from Dammann Freres before but I have had this tea before from another company and I just can’t figure out which tea it is making me think of. It’s nice though. Getting apple but also a lot of kiwi. Some fresh cucumber underneath. It is making me happy.