Ginger Pear (organic)

White Tea
Apple, Natural Apple Flavor, Natural Cinnamon Flavor, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Ginger, Organic Rose Hips, Organic White Tea Leaves, Pear
Cinnamon, Earth, Ginger, Green Apple, Pear, Astringent, Spicy, Apple, Fruity, Rosehips, Floral, Vegetal, Flowers, Ocean Breeze
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Some flavours are just made for each other. Pear and ginger are definitely two of them. The combo of sweet, delicate pear and warm, spicy ginger is more than the sum of its parts – especially in this perfectly balanced, organic white tea. With ginger, cinnamon, pear, apple and rosehips, it’s lightly spiced, lushly fruity and deliciously comforting. No wonder pear and ginger are so inseparable. They’re just so good together.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Fine, a little spicy, not too much tea taste.

HOT: This tea is very light and mild. It is soothing and has warm cinnamon notes pairing pleasantly with cool crisp pear/apple. The ginger is more of an aftertaste at the end, on the back of the tongue as you swallow. it is a lovely tea for the stressful holiday season.
I mildly enjoyed it hot, but it really tastes best made as a cold brew!

COLD: both the smell and the taste is reminiscent of a mild ginger beer, like when you mix lemon-lime soda with it. There is a much stronger spicy tone when it is cold, and the taste is somewhat stronger. It is also a little more bitter in taste when iced, but not unpleasantly so.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Earth, Ginger, Green Apple, Pear

Day 8 of the 2016 advent calendar, and my first time actually having this tea hot. I’ve been meaning to review this tea because I actually love to have it iced for morning classes sometimes, since the ginger helps my vertigo. The tea does have a very strong pear smell to it, with a warm note of ginger in the back. I love the smell of this tea, I wish there was a candle of it.

Steeped, the tea has a light yellow-green colour and maintains its strong pear smell. Like its smell, the taste is also predominantly pear to me, with ginger on the back of my tongue. Ginger Pear is a very apt description of this tea.

Overall, this tea is delicious hot or iced, and I’m very happy that David’s seems to be keeping it around as a staple.

I really love this tea. I only recently tried it, and I don’t know why I didn’t try it sooner. It’s delicious. The ginger is very warming, and there’s a perfect balance between that, and the pear. Still trying to find the perfect steep time for it – but either way it’s good. I also enjoy this tea iced as well as hot. Overall, this is very yummy.

Flavors: Ginger, Pear

Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle through my teas and after about three other thoughts, ended up choosing this tea. Ginger upfront—boom. The pear is there somewhere gently, gently. The white tea is nowhere.

Years ago, I discovered canning and got so revved up that from the start of spring, I’d be preserving every fruit and vegetable as it became ripe. Delicious stuff. By autumn when pears came into season, I made pear and ginger preserves to serve with toast or on top of ice cream or applesauce. If I added a spoon of honey to this tea, the taste might take me in that direction.

Flavors: Ginger, Pear

Rosehips

Pear and ginger preserves! Oh, what a delicious thought….

Fjellrev

Those preserves sound mightily delicious.

Evol Ving Ness

Yes, they were a winner. Highly recommend that combination for the canners among you.

Evol Ving Ness

Or waffles or pancakes and so on.

Fjellrev

OMG that would be so awesome on waffles or pancakes. I haven’t tried canning since I’m terrified of the whole sterling process but ginger pear is definitely a combination I’d try.

Evol Ving Ness

I was surprised at how much I took to it. It is quite a production, but it beautifully satisfying. I would never in a million years attempt canning anything containing meat or fish, but fruits and vegetables are pretty safe. It is easy to tell if things did not seal properly. I would suggest you try it. Why not?

A sample from Miss B, and today’s cold brew. I used my usual method of preparation – 2 tbsp of leaf in 2 litres of cold water, into the fridge for around 10 hours overnight. I think this one had me at hello, because the dry leaf smells so good. Very candy-pear, and something else – maybe quince? Delicious, anyway.

To taste, it’s just as wonderful as I’d hoped. The initial flavour is sweet candy-pear, very reminiscent of pear drops (especially in the way the flavour lingers). The ginger comes out in the mid-sip, very strong and spicy, and it makes for an unexpectedly delcious pairing with the much sweeter pear. I wasn’t sure whether the two flavours would go together at first, but it seems obvious now that they would.

This is one I’d happily drink hot as well, maybe in the autumn or early winter. It’s got a lovely spicy kick cold, and I can imagine it being a very warming cup on a cold day. I wish there were more pear teas around. They seem to be a relative rarity in the UK, and that makes me sad. More so because this one’s such a winner!

Iced 8 min or more 8 tsp 68 OZ / 2000 ML

Really liked this one. The ginger is warming, which was quite welcome in my very cold office last week.

I picked up only 10g of this tea to try since it is an expensive one (cost almost 4$) Yikes! It has a wonderful aroma though and it tastes pretty good too. I enjoyed my cup but because of the high price of white teas, I only buy the ones that WOW me-this one didn’t.

Day 19 of tea!

Again, an old one I’ve never written a review for. Tsk tsk, self. I picked this one for the advent because of the ginger (one of my favourite tea flavours these days). Thanks to the pear (and possibly some other fruit influence?), the ginger was muted, but it worked for me. Spicy and sweet! I do wish there was more actual tea in the sample, though.

I have a cold…again :(.
This tea is one of my go to teas when I am sick. I tried it bare and I found it fairly enjoyable. The pear is sweet and the ginger adds that spice that makes a good combination. But where did the white tea go? I think there was only 2 leaves in the infuser. That’s an expensive price tag for a fruit tea.

When I am sick, I make a concoction of honey, lemon, and ginger root and add it to this tea. It tastes great and helps me feel better.

Kristal

Exactly why I don’t drink white tea. Most of those teas are blended with inexpensive fruit to create a pricey blend. In my opinion, I’d rather stick with a herbal

tigress_al

Unfortunately for me, white tea is a favourite of mine. And DAVIDsTEA is notorious for white blends with little actual tea. $$$

Feel better.

tigress_al

Thanks Evol Ving Ness

Kristal

I totally hear your frustration, tigress_al :(