Black Cherry

Black Tea, Blackberry Leaves, Licorice Root, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Papaya, Sour Cherry
Candy, Cherry, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Sweet, Licorice, Astringent, Sour, Tobacco, Medicinal, Cherry Wood, Overripe Cherries, Sugar
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita

From DAVIDsTEA

This sweet and refreshing black tea perfectly captures the taste of a black cherry soda. For a summer treat, try it over ice with a splash of sparkling water.

Ingredients: Black tea, papaya, sweet blackberry leaves, sour cherries, licorice root, natural cherry flavoring

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is quickly becoming one of my go-tos. I just love it. A bright juicy burst from the cherry that isn’t overly sweet or tart, with a sturdy black base that always picks me up.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
VariaTEA

This made an amazing tea pop

De

How did you do tea pop? Brew a strong cup and then dilute it with carbonated water?

VariaTEA

I brewed about 4 perfect teaspoons in like 4 oz of water and poured it over ice (a 16 0z mug filled about 2/3 of the way with ice) then topped it up with carbonated water.

De

Sounds good, I might have to try it

So, when you work in retail the holidays definitely have a different schedule than the rest of the world’s… when it comes to Halloween, in the retail world that kicks off in August. Ugh.

So at the store I work at; we’re doing Halloween set up this week. Basically, a third of the sales floor converts to Halloween stuff. We’ve already done take down last week so this week has just been receiving our Halloween shipment and getting it up. In order to do this, we’re working in two (voluntary, because this is all over time) crews: an evening crew and an overnight crew. I’m on the evening crew which runs from 5PM to 10PM after my normal shift of 7:30AM to 4PM – the overnight crew works from 9PM to 5AM. Instead of sleeping at my place, I’ve been staying at my mom’s because the commute to and from work is MUCH easier: if I was going back to my place I’d get home from work at midnight and then have to get up FOR work at 5:30, like usual. Nope – not doing that.

So last night I came ‘home’ from doing Halloween and my mom saw I was just exhausted from unpacking pallets of stuff and offered to make me a cup of tea. No one ever offers to make me the tea so how could I refuse!?

This is what she picked out: honestly, I don’t actually remember when this tea got released!? DT has been releasing so many teas recently that it’s just hard to keep up with them all but even still I just genuinely have no recollection of this one. It’s from her stash, not mine. Anywho, she made it with milk added which isn’t a choice I probably would have made myself but who am I to complain when someone else did all the work for me.

It was pretty good; I want to say it reminded me a lot of those Sour Cherry Blaster candies but the creaminess of the milk negates that just a little bit. Agh; milk just doesn’t have a place with this blend! I mean, creamy cherry is totally a thing but if you’re going for a creamy cherry flavour you definitely have to commit and this isn’t committed to that profile/geared towards that sort of flavour. The cherry notes were good though! Bright, just sweet enough – a cross between realistic and candy. I don’t know; it’s kind of punchy? I’m looking at the ingredients list right now (which I didn’t have last night) and it’s got licorice root in it – I’m impressed though ‘cause I definitely didn’t taste it. So, you know, it was good for how it was prepared for me…

It’s still hurting my brain that I can’t remember when it was released…

Flavors: Candy, Cherry, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Sweet

Roswell Strange

Always happy to accommodate ;P

Evol Ving Ness

I think DT Black Cherry was released last spring/summer. Could be wrong, but..

tanyasew

Yes, it was Summer of 2015.

Sipdown (96)

I love black cherry soda so now that I have my new found tea pop making skills, I could think of no better way to finish off the leaf.

I’m actually impressed because this does taste pretty similar to a black cherry soda, albeit a more watered down version and with a slightly stronger taste of carbonation. It’s also slightly astringent at times. Still, I can definitely get black cherry from this and that’s pretty awesome. A great way to say good bye.

Hmm, I thought I had already reviewed this but I guess I didn’t so I’ll do it now. I’m having a iced cup of this since I don’t have it too often and I’m starting to get into the iced tea season now. This is much better iced than it is hot. Nice cherry & licorice flavour. Although I’m careful about the steeping times, since it does tend to get bitter quickly. I like it though.

Flavors: Cherry, Fruity, Licorice

Mmm!

I purchased this tea while travelling this summer! I figured it would be a good refresher for the long travel days! I first tried it cold in store. Though I enjoyed it, it wasn’t as strong as I would have liked. I love my black teas extra strong. Because of this, I purchased 50g to have to make my way! I like it stronger much better, especially when it is iced. I don’t think it really needs it, as the tea itself is pretty sweet, but I love this with a little bit of sweetner in it. Definitely helps bring out the soda flavour.

I also tried this tea hot and enjoyed it, but I would say that it is a lot better cold than hot.

All in all, I’m glad that I purchased this tea, and I’m glad I still have some left. I won’t be heartbroken when my stash is gone, but I will have enjoyed my time with it!

Flavors: Astringent, Cherry, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Sour, Tobacco

The cherry flavoring is quite strong in this tea, but it is still enjoyable. I may try this iced next time just to see if I like it better. And perhaps a weaker brew, too.

How depressing. It smells so delectable!
I get something vaguely fruity and syrupy in my cup, but certainly not cherry. Definitely not a repurchase. Unless the cold brew blows me away.

Plunkybug

It has licorice in it, so I knew to stay away. I did not even smell to get tempted. Lol!

Dustin

Cold brew is SO much better! Not sure if it is repurchase better, but it is a lot better.

Kirkoneill1988

thankyou for the heads up, ill stay away from this tea

Indigobloom

lol Plunkybug actually I don’t notice the licorice at all. But thanks for the tip Dustin! I’ll try it that way next.
Kirk, it isn’t awful… just lacklustre :)

It basically just tasted like cherry cough syrup… I really did not enjoy this tea because of its artificial and medicinal flavour. It doesn’t taste like cherry coke, that’s for sure

Flavors: Cherry, Medicinal

I’m really torn with this tea… I picked up 30g of this to try because the dry leaf just blew me away! It’s so nostalgic and delicious smelling… I could just wear the bag of it around my neck all day huffing it.

Dry Leaf: CHERRY! Cherry punch/soda, sour cherry, cherry tobacco
Liquor: a bit deeper smelling… Still unabashedly cherry-full
Tasting notes: ICED- black cherry syrup, blackberry leaf, sour cherry

So as I said, I’m torn with this tea. Dry leaf & liquor wise, the smell is fabulous. It’s important to note that I made teapop out of this, so my review isn’t going to be 100% legit, I realize. However, I made double strength and used plain sparkling water, iced. The flavor was good… I wanted to love it. I didn’t hate it, but it didn’t blow me away. There was something in the background that threw me off… Possibly the blackberry leaf? It made everything go askew. It started off tasting just as I hoped then, blech, something off. I also wished there was more sour cherry flavor once steeped & iced.

All in all, I will eventually power through all 30g, as it’s summertime, but I’ll be honest… I may pawn some of it off on ice tea for my daughter. Probably wouldn’t purchase again… Unless to use for fragrance sachets! lol!

Flavors: Cherry, Cherry Wood, Fruit Punch, Overripe Cherries, Sour, Tobacco

Iced 5 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This tea is a totally different animal when cold steeped! Much more enjoyable and refreshing. It still has that weird tang that leaves me suspecting stevia like a couple other David’s Teas that have sugar added. The tea is sweet, but has a slight sour tang or pucker to it. I’m still not head over heels about it, but if cold steeped, I can easily finish the rest of this sample.