Peanut Butter Cup

Herbal Tea
Almonds, Apple, Chocolate Chips, Cocoa Nibs, Cocoa Peels, Safflower
Apple, Coconut, Almond, Cocoa, Chocolate, Peanut, Brown Sugar, Nuts, Powdered sugar, Sweet, Nutty, Creamy, Tart, Earth, Roasted nuts, Hazelnut, Honey, Butter
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Butter yourself up

Whether you’re looking for an afternoon pick-me-up or a sweet treat on the go, nothing beats peanut butter and chocolate. Sweet, rich, salty and addictive, it’s a classic combo for a reason. And with this smooth and satisfying blend, you can indulge your sweet tooth anytime, guilt-free. With almonds, cocoa beans and chocolate chips, it tastes just like the real thing. And since it’s completely peanut free, you can take it with you everywhere. Want to take it to the next level? Try it as a latte with frothed chocolate milk. You heard it here first…

Price per 50g: $7.50

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I never imagined I’d be describing something with the word peanut butter as “tangy.” The flavor mellowed out after I added a splash of creamer but it’s still strange to smell peanut butter yet taste zest. I’ll try adding sugar to see if it tames the citrus notes.

Flavors: Apple, Coconut

The tea is really weak in flavor. I tried re-steeping it with more tea, but the flavour was still very mildly nutty. I actually tasted stronger apple notes than nut ones. I liked it more once I added it to some black tea but overall this tea is just very unflavourful and i would not recommend it when there are other desserty tea blends out there that pack more of a punch.

Flavors: Almond, Apple, Cocoa

It’s really weak and I don’t even want to keep drinking it. I steeped it over 10 minutes too. Not going to buy again.

Flavors: Chocolate, Peanut

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is good to flavour other things, but savoury teas disturb me for some reason.Despite not having any peanuts in it, this tastes a lot like sweetened peanut butter.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Nuts, Peanut, Powdered sugar, Sweet

Iced 2 min, 30 sec 17 OZ / 500 ML

This one was okay. I wouldn’t buy more, if it were still available. I usually add a scoop of hot chocolate (like the swiss miss kind) to add what the flavor is lacking… like that decedent dessert flavor I was hoping for.

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Not a fan of the peanut taste in this tea. Boyfriend liked it though. He thought it was amazing that there were no nuts in the tea and they made it taste like a peanut butter cup. It’s like magic!, he said.

The smell of this tea is delightful. It smells exactly like a reese peanut butter cup…however, it does not taste much like one. I think either I need to steep it in a smaller cup or David’s Tea should make it more flavorful. I used more tea than called for yet it was still weak. I truly wanted to love this tea. I will try it again, in a smaller mug and see how that goes.

Flavors: Apple, Nutty

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Ugh! It’s a shame that a tea can smell so great and taste so awful. The apple flavour was really overwhelming in this tea. I tried mixing it with everything imaginable in order to improve the flavour, and at the advice of Michelle at One More Steep, I finally just mixed it with hot chocolate mix in order to finish off the rest of my skinny tin.

Flavors: Apple, Nuts

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I’m back on steepster after a many-year hiatus, with an expanded tea knowledge and a newly stocked cupboard :D

This summer I went on an herbal kick. I also worked near a David’s Tea, which explains all the colorful canisters and unusual tea names in there. Peanut butter cup is among the most unusual, and it’s probably my favorite of my summer/fall tea-buying binge.

I’m not the first to say it—but there are no peanuts, and you would never know. If you’re looking for “quality” and “organic” this isn’t it, but it’s fun. At least smell the leaves, which genuinely smells like a peanut butter cup. It’s a mix of apple, almond, and chocolate, but you’d swear that you could eat it right out of the tin. (I’m smelling my tin now again. It’s addictive.)

The chocolate doesn’t come through as strongly when you steep it, but I’m not complaining. I’m not a huge fan of chocolate tea. But I am a huge fan of peanut butter, which explains why I restepped a giant mug of this one tonight. It’s deceiving—you do taste a hint of apple, but the scent of (nonexistent) peanut butter almost makes you think you’re drinking candy. Almost. This, at least, doesn’t leave me with the inevitable regret of consuming too much.

This is one of my favorite teas to smell and taste. You wouldn’t believe there are zero peanuts in it, but it smells so much like a reeses peanut butter cup. Bonus: it’s not sweet, if it is, it’s just mild enough to count. Such a delight!