Carrot Cupcake

Rooibos Tea
Apple, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cocoa Bean Shells, Ginger, Licorice Root, Natural Apple Flavor, Rooibos, Whipped Cream
Carrot, Apple, Cinnamon, Ginger, Licorice, Spices, Creamy, Sweet, Artificial, Cloves, Cream, Fruity, Nutmeg, Raisins, Spicy, Rooibos, Cake, Frosting
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by De

From DAVIDsTEA

it takes the cake
You know what never fails to remind us of fall? A carrot cupcake. And we’re not the only ones who think so. Thanks to their natural sugar content, carrots have been used to sweeten cakes since the medieval times. And this decadent, creamy rooibos blend tastes just like your favourite carrot dessert. It’s got cinnamon and ginger for an extra zing of warmth. Plus carrots and apple to get that perfect fruity balance. Still not convinced? The rich cocoa shells and natural whipped cream flavour will change your mind. Yeah, we knew you couldn’t resist…

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Not bad…I picked this up as a free steeped tea on my account while waiting at the airport. It didn’t bowl me over, but was pleasant enough.

I got this in one of my advent calendars. I will give it a thumbs up for really tasting like a carrot cupcake! However, my dislikes of this one is the pungent ginger that steps in. Also I believe the licorice root is giving it almost a medicinal taste (reminds me of Organic Throat Rescue). I finished the cup but I don’t think I’ll be purchasing more.

Flavors: Apple, Carrot, Cinnamon, Ginger, Licorice

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Licorice note is too pronounced. Otherwise, good flavour blend. I can pick out the carrot and spice notes.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 13 OZ / 375 ML

I forgot to rate this! My local shop gave me a cup for free, I never would have picked this otherwise. But holy carrot batman! I’ve had carrots in tea before, but it’s never been as strong of a note as it is here. Literally all I get is carrots and a bit of spice – it’s almost more savory than anything else. Not completely awful to be honest, and I’d drink it again, but it’s too one-dimensional for a purchase. Honestly, if I want soup, I’ll have soup. (My shop was also about to throw it out, so it was cold.)

Flavors: Carrot, Cinnamon, Spices

140 °F / 60 °C

I had really high hopes for this tea because carrot cake is my favorite dissert. This tea does smell and taste just like carrot cake. The only problem is that its flavor is a little too strong and it is a little too sweet. I think that the “whipped cream flavoring” must have some sort of artificial sweetener in it because the tea is fairly sweet, but it has a chemical-y aftertaste… its always a gamble with flavored teas, I guess. I’d say that this tea is decent. Its better if you make it into a latte. You might really like it if you don’t mind the taste artificial sweetener and you like carrot cake.

Flavors: Artificial, Carrot, Cinnamon, Cloves, Cream

5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

Day 20 of David’s Tea’s 24 Days of Tea 2017

This tea is pretty sweet, with a little touch of spice. I’d say the carrot cupcake name is pretty accurate!

In fairness, the scent is absolutely delicious and nails carrot cake. But the taste…ugh. I get an overwhelming taste (and feel, if you know what I mean) of artificial sweetener, with a slight underpinning of spices. I do taste the licorice but it’s very faint – I generally hate licorice, but it’s not overwhelming in this tea. It’s a bit better as it cools, but I really dislike this one and can’t even finish the cup.

This one was a nice surprise! The scent is AMAZING. The brewed tea doesn’t exactly taste like carrots, but it captures most of the other flavors of a carrot cake: the fruitiness of the raisins, the spices, and even a hint of the cream cheese frosting. I would definitely consider re-purchasing this one!

Flavors: Cream, Fruity, Ginger, Nutmeg, Raisins, Spicy

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Tried this as an in-store sample, in two different stores. Enjoyed both. Sadly, I am certain that if I bought some, I’d likely get all the liquorice mess in the blend and it would then be rendered undrinkable.

Dexter

Ewwww – why would there be licorice in carrot cupcake? (I hate when licorice shows up in strange places)

Roswell Strange

Not 100% sure, but I think the sweetness is meant to sort of help replicate the icing you’d get on a cupcake?