Witch's Brew

Rooibos Tea
Blackberry Leaves, Cocoa Beans, Cocoa Husks, Elderberry, Rooibos
Caramel, Brown Sugar, Chocolate, Autumn Leaf Pile, Berries, Burnt Sugar, Cacao, Candy, Cocoa, Coffee, Artificial, Sweet, Alcohol, Creamy, Dark Chocolate, Rooibos, Sugar
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From DAVIDsTEA

Ready to brew up a storm? This magical concoction is totally spellbinding. So how did we make it? First, we went to our tea graveyard to summon a devilishly good base of rooibos. Then we conjured up a rich handful of enchanted cocoa beans. And once the moon was at its peak, we added our secret ingredient: orange candied witch hats and black bat-shaped sprinkles that’ll have you cackling all night long. Creamy, decadent and sinfully sweet, this tea will leave you bewitched after one sip. Better hang on to your broomsticks. Something wicked this way comes…

Price per 50g: $7.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Chocolatey but not overpoweringly so.

This is a strong dessert tea. I’m not sure I’d have it with food, but it is a full flavored standalone tea that is so rich that you don’t need anything else with it!

Flavors: Caramel

Last year I decided to start trying tea. I found this one in an adorable pack with a cute glow in the dark ghost container <3 when I finally tried it, this tea got me hooked! Unfortunately, it was only a seasonal tea, and I couldn’t grab any more before it was gone for the rest of the year D: I’m hoping this October it comes back to David’s Tea so I can grab a huge tin of it!

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Caramel, Chocolate

This is up with my favorite flavors along with swampwater! Much like swampwater I didn’t realize you couldn’t buy these out of season and hope it gets brought back next fall to stock up! I found it nice and sweet, but not too sweet.

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Berries, Brown Sugar, Burnt Sugar, Cacao, Candy, Caramel, Cocoa, Coffee

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 450 OZ / 13308 ML

I’m not a huge fan of this one. I’ve tried it a few different ways, and the best I’ve had it is a near boiling 5 minute brew with a splash of milk. With that, it tastes like a Tootsie Roll but sweeter. I’ve had it as a latte and the taste goes so muted you may as well just have warm milk with honey, or better yet, melted sprinkles. It’s a cute blend and a nice name, but it doesn’t impress me taste wise. It even just smells like sweet “chocolate” taffy. It’s drinkable, just not to my taste I suppose!

Flavors: Artificial, Chocolate, Sweet

#ProjectTeaWall

So, I realized on shift tonight that if I don’t cross this off my list for Project Tea Wall soon I may not ever get a chance to try it again because it was limited edition and my store’s stock is getting relatively low, so when we’re out we’re out.

Instead of iced teas like I’ve been drinking recently at work, I got this one hot instead because one of my coworkers said it was a lot better that way. I trust her opinion when it comes to chocolate-y teas so that’s what I went with. Honestly; this was kind of exactly what I expected it to be. And by that I, of course, mean it was essentially just a chocolate rooibos. Nice, simple, straight to the point – and I suppose appropriate flavour wise for a Halloween tea as well, which is what this was created for originally. What did pleasantly surprise me a little bit was actually that I didn’t find it too cloying or sweet which is what I had anticipated happening given the added sprinkles in the blend and fact it’s basically just a chocolate tea. But no, it was nice and balanced without any weirdness from the melted down sprinkles either.

Overall I’d say it’s a bit simple for my tastes, especially since I’m not too big on the chocolate teas anyway but it was enjoyable overall as a one time sort of thing just to experience it. And I mean, maybe if it was still Halloween ‘season’ I could see myself leaning more towards it for thematic reasons since it wasn’t unpleasant by any stretch.

Friendly reminder that I’m not currently numerically rating DAVIDsTEA blends as I’m currently seasonally employed there and it would be an obvious conflict of interest. Any blends you see with numerical ratings were rated prior to my employment there. These reviews are a reflection of my personal thoughts regarding the teas, and not the company’s.

Nattie

Best. Job. Ever.

Kristal

Although I enjoy chocolate, I’s also not think chocolate teas.

Roswell Strange

@Nattie,

Not gonna lie – so far it’s probably my favourite job I’ve ever had. Only downside, thus far, are that I can’t work more hours ‘cause of my other job and that I’m only seasonal.

Kristal

I dunno how, but I royally screwed up my last comment. I meant to say “I also do not enjoy chocolate teas”. I think I was on my phone. Damn auto correct

I am always interested in limited edition, seasonal teas. This was the last tea I redeemed my Frequent Steeper points for and I got a 50 g bag. When I first smelled it, I couldn’t put it down. I absolutely love the scent that this tea gives off and I’m not sure why. It doesn’t smell or taste very sweet and instead has a predominant unsweetened cocoa flavour. The sprinkles are also really cute. My one complaint with this tea is its strange aftertaste. Even upon adding agave to try and disguise it, the aftertaste is still extremely noticeable and unpleasant. I will enjoy the occasional cup of this tea while I have it but would not repurchase.
ETA- I have recently tried this as a latte with some warm milk and it is so much better that way. I now crave these lattes all the time. So, I have adjusted my rating as a result. I still am not sure if I would repurchase this however, as I wouldn’t drink it as is and would have to use it all up as lattes.
I finished all of the 50 g bag I had and would recommend drinking this tea as a latte but would not recommend drinking it straight up.

Flavors: Cocoa

Sipdown

I hated this plain but it makes a pretty awesome smoothie mixed with blueberries and raspberry/star anise jam. Topping it with dark chocolate caramel whipped cream didn’t hurt either. There is a distinct alcohol flavor though. Also the sweetness builds. I take it back…this can get kinda cloying. Oh well. It’s done now.

I really wanted to like it! Unfortunately it has a super weird after taste. It was so good while I was drinking it that I found I was pretty much chugging it. I wouldn’t buy it again. I wish I could figure out which ingredient was ruining the tea.

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 9 OZ / 266 ML

I’m surprised. I have not yet met a chocolate tea that I really like but this one is pretty good. Doesn’t taste completely watered down. I wouldn’t drink this daily but it is fun for halloween.