Chocolate Covered Almond

Black Yerba maté Blend
Almonds, Black Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Roasted Carob, Sugar, Yerba Mate Leaves
Chocolate, Nutty, Almond, Creamy, Toasted, Roasted, Vanilla, Sweet, Cocoa, Cookie, Cream, Alcohol, Smooth, Milk, Artificial, Dark Chocolate
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet, crunchy, and totally addictive, chocolate almonds are a classic for a reason. And with cocoa, carob and roasted almonds, this rich blend is every bit as tasty.

Ingredients: Cocoa nibs, roasted carob, black tea, almonds, yerba mate, sugar, natural and artificial, chocolate and cream-almond flavoring.
Contains almonds.

Price per 50g: $8.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Nice mild flavor. It didn’t get bitter, even after been in the teapot for more than 1 hour.

Flavors: Chocolate

Thanks to tea-sipper for the sample! I drank this at the same time as a DT chai sample and expected to prefer that one, but this one was way better. It’s similar to other DT blends that include chocolate. Not really as convincing as other brands’ chocolate blends. A little fake, but honestly still decent. I enjoyed it both with and without milk. I don’t notice nuttiness, but the chocolate flavor is pretty good for me. With milk, it’s sort of just a milk chocolate tea, and not a bad one.

Cameron B.

Honestly, almost all chocolate teas taste fake to me… :(

AJRimmer

Yeah, to a certain extent, I have to give up on them tasting as rich as I want them to, and just embrace them for what they are. The truly good ones are hard to find!

tea-sipper

Glad you liked this! I don’t. haha

Discovery Advent Tea #8
Probably shouldn’t have tried this one. Just found out I’m allergic to almonds. I got a headache but at least I tried it. I found it to be so sweet I couldn’t drink it anyway. Wowzers

tea-sipper

oh no! I should have asked what you were allergic to! I thought about that after I sent the teas out…

David’s Tea Advent Day 3.

This is an excellent dessert tea. The chocolate hits first, the nuts a bit after and more subtly. As a chocolate fan I could absolutely keep this on hand. I’m even wondering if it might be good with milk, which I’ve never tried in a black tea…

Flavors: Chocolate, Nutty

My order finally arrived! Weather has been BAD so they couldn’t deliver it last week :(
All of the new 6 teas I purchased are all involve chocolate in some way or another. Including a huge time of chocolate macaroon… mmmmm. I think I’m a chocolate addict :) When I saw this online, I had to have it! It’s as good as I imagined, the chocolate and the almond blend so well together in this one. Somehow it almost seems creamy, even tho I didn’t add anything to it. This is a definite stock item for me!

Flavors: Almond, Chocolate, Creamy, Toasted

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I don’t even remember tasting this before, but apparently I did not like it. I was expecting to feel similarly, but this is actually quite nice! There’s a bit of chocolate, but it is mostly in the aftertaste. The amaretto flavor is most dominant, and the roasted flavor of the mate balances the almond nicely.

Flavors: Almond, Chocolate, Roasted, Vanilla

I got this as part of the Throwback Sweethearts gift box. I haven’t had such a good track record with these teas. I try to mix Chocolate Covered Almond with other black teas, such as Salted Caramel, Chocolate Cake, or Ice Cream Cake; I’ll add milk, but no sugar.

Flavors: Almond

Not bad, though I wish it had a fuller body/tasted more tea-like. As it is, a pleasant sip without adding milk.

This is my favourite tea ever and you can’t get it anymore! cries

Decent flavor – I think I’ll try to either steep it a little longer next time or do 5 tsp.

Flavors: Almond, Chocolate