Candy Cane Crush

Black Tea, Peppermint Candy, White Chocolate
Cream, Creamy, Milk, Mint, Peppermint, Chocolate, Sweet, White Chocolate, Candy, Vanilla, Smooth, Tea, Bitter, Sugar, Malt, Sweat
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by AJRimmer

• “Oh, man. I’ve been craving a creamy peppermint tea, and this certainly hit the spot. I brewed it in oat milk on the stove, and added a shot of Candy Cane Matcha. So creamy, so minty, so delicious....” Read full tasting note
  • “A cup full of candy cane peppermint bliss. This cup of tea was smooth and had such a gentle but very full flavor. It almost tasted like a thin piece peppermint bark was melting on my tongue with...” Read full tasting note
  • “Very candy tasting, reminds me of peppermint hot chocolate almost. The colour is very light, like if you added milk to it, which I suspect is from the white chocolate chips. I’m hoping I don’t...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is another tea from my accidental Sips By box. I’ve had this one before in a Christmas collection from a few years ago, and I enjoyed it at the time. There are so many sprinkles and white...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

What do skating, snowball fights and sledding have in common? They all call for tea. And this decadent blend is like a minty wonderland in a cup. Think creamy white chocolate drops. Rich, comforting black tea. Crushed peppermint candy cane pieces. And tons of cute little snowflake sprinkles. One sip of this sweet, icy-cool blend is all it takes to get you smiling from ear to ear – especially if you add it to your next mug of holiday eggnog. Could this tea be any more festive? We think not.

Price per 50g: $7.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Oh, man. I’ve been craving a creamy peppermint tea, and this certainly hit the spot. I brewed it in oat milk on the stove, and added a shot of Candy Cane Matcha. So creamy, so minty, so delicious. I’m now out of CCC and nearly out of Candy Cane Matcha, which will have to change ASAP, as I want to drink this throughout the holiday season.

Flavors: Cream, Creamy, Milk, Mint, Peppermint

AJRimmer

I love this one too!

A cup full of candy cane peppermint bliss.

This cup of tea was smooth and had such a gentle but very full flavor. It almost tasted like a thin piece peppermint bark was melting on my tongue with every sip. The peppermint is stronger than the chocolate, but the white chocolate pieces give the tea a slightly lighter and cloudier appearance as well as a smooth creaminess. I found that the slower I took each sip, the stronger the peppermint was on my tongue, leaving a welcomed and flavorful lasting effect.
I could definitely see how some may find this too sweet, especially since it does have the white chocolate, sprinkles and the pieces of candy cane, however the sweetness was spot on for me. My critique would be that I would rather have more of the candy cane pieces instead of the sprinkles, just to boost the candy cane flavor a little, as well as to maintain the sweetness.
I discovered this tea on sale in late January, so I could not purchase a large quantity of loose leaf, just a few individual tea bags. I will most definitely be purchasing enough to last me through the whole year if/when it restocks this winter.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cream, Peppermint, Sweet, White Chocolate

I’m hoping I don’t run out of it before it (if?) comes back!

Flavors: Candy, Creamy, Peppermint, White Chocolate

This is another tea from my accidental Sips By box. I’ve had this one before in a Christmas collection from a few years ago, and I enjoyed it at the time. There are so many sprinkles and white chocolate chips in the bag that there’s almost no actual tea. They make the water super white and cloudy and sweet, but I still needed to add a little extra sugar to bring the flavor out. It’s just like a liquid peppermint candy. This is the sort of tea that some people hate, but I don’t mind one bit. The only think that I dislike is how weird and clumpy it becomes if you put it in the fridge. So definitely drink it all in one sitting! Based on flavor alone, this one is is very nice.

This was good yesterday, but very sweet. Sweeter than I usually like, which is quite impressive since that’s hard to do. Hard to go wrong with a minty black tea though. I’ll finish the bag rather than give it up.

There is a whole lot of candy in this tea, which makes me feel a little uneasy about it. Is it really just candy canes crushed up and put on some tea? It tastes pretty good tho. The top of my tea is a little oily which is weird. It’s strange to have hot tea with a cooling sensation! The flavors are pretty well balanced, nothing strange in the finish. I would like to have a tea like this as a staple in my cupboard that doesn’t have a bunch of added sugar. Until then, I’ll enjoy this sample.

Cameron B.

I quite like the Candy Cane green rooibos from Simpson & Vail. It does have stevia in it, but I’m fairly sensitive to sweeteners and it’s not too much for me. Plus, it’s not really a candy cane tea without some sweetness! ;)

Dustin

I haven’t tried that one! I have a mostly hate relationship with stevia. Someone here suggested a particular source of stevia that didn’t bother them and that one is okay in moderation for me.
You are right about the sweetness with candy cane. It was a fun tea to try.

tea-sipper

Angry Tea Room’s Candy Cane!

I fall more and more in love with this tea the more I try it.

This tea is quite yummy! Black teas are my favourite, and peppermint is a fantastic Christmasy flavour that really gets me in the spirit! On its own this tea is fairly good, but I definitely prefer it with some milk or as a tea latte. Currently I’m enjoying it as a tea latte with eggnog, which, if you haven’t tried is incredibly delicious (you don’t need to add any additional sweetner). I haven’t really tasted any other candy cane flavoured teas, but this one will definitely remain a Christmas must-have for me!

Flavors: Candy, Peppermint, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Smells perfect, looks adorable, ended up super bland. 2/5

Flavors: Cream, Mint

Drinkable but meh. It brews up a light murky orangy pink. It has black tea in the mix but you cannot tell when it brews up that there is any black tea in it. I had to add sweetener to it to make it taste like anything which is odd given the amount of candy in it. Once sweetened I can only taste slick feeling peppermint but I expected some black tea flavor too. Sadly disappointed in this cute mix.