Candy Cane Crush

Black Tea, Peppermint Candy, White Chocolate
Butter, Creamy, Peppermint, Smooth, Sugar, Sweet, White Chocolate, Vanilla, Chocolate, Cream, Mint, Milk, Candy, Tea, Bitter, Malt, Sweat
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle

From DAVIDsTEA

What do skating, snowball fights and sledding have in common? They all call for tea. And this decadent blend is like a minty wonderland in a cup. Think creamy white chocolate drops. Rich, comforting black tea. Crushed peppermint candy cane pieces. And tons of cute little snowflake sprinkles. One sip of this sweet, icy-cool blend is all it takes to get you smiling from ear to ear – especially if you add it to your next mug of holiday eggnog. Could this tea be any more festive? We think not.

Ingredients:
Black tea, white chocolate (sugar, cocoa butter, milk powder, butter oil, soy lecithin, vanilla extract), peppermint candy (corn syrup, sugar, peppermint oil, colour (red 40)), snowflake candies (sugar, rice flour, cottonseed and soy bean oil, corn starch, gum arabic, cellulose gum, titanium dioxide (colour), confectioner’s glaze, carrageenan, soy lecithin, artificial flavour), cane sugar, peppermint, natural peppermint and vanilla flavouring.

Price per 50g: $7.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So I had this from my holiday tea sampler for the very first time and was looking forward to trying it. There was a similar blend from Teavana years ago I think. Smells great, tastes great, indeed reminiscent of whatever blend that was. But oooof, the stomach ache I have now is a bit much from just tea. After looking at the ingredients which admittedly I should’ve done before, white chocolate is the second one listed after the tea itself which means there’s quite a bit of it in there. Drat. I’ll take a lactase pill next time.

Flavors: Butter, Creamy, Peppermint, Smooth, Sugar, Sweet, White Chocolate

(#tiffanys2021sipdown Tea #1)

Drank this tea 2x but didn’t want to do two tasting notes… each with 2 DT PS as hot plain latte on 1/1/21 to sip down my opened bag of this tea.

#tiffanydrinkstea #tiffanys2021 #tiffanysfaves #tiffanyinthe614 #tiffanysteasipdown #sipdownchallenge

5 tsp
Martin Bednář

Woot woot for sipdown :)

Tiffany :)

Thanks Martin! I’m going to be counting as bags/tins/samples of tea, I have so much tea enough to last a lifetime and it’s not organized enough to really know sometimes if I’ve finished the tea completely (CCC I know I have a small grocery bag with more). Something is better than nothing. LOL

Day 6 of my DIY 24 Days of DAVIDsTea!

Hot latte!

I really didn’t expect to have Santa’s Secret & Candy Cane Crush back-to-back… what an ironic coincidence. But I suppose that was bound to happen, right? Candy Cane Crush tastes like the result of combining white chocolate and candy canes, then liquifying the mixture. It’s sweet, creamy, minty, and as a latte, it’s such a rich, festive tasting beverage. As a fan of both candy canes & white chocolate, my thoughts on this tea are already pretty biased. But just like Santa’s Secret, I don’t ever really crave or reach for CCC outside of the holidays, but still enjoy wholeheartedly when that time goes back around.

Flavors: Creamy, Peppermint, Sweet, Vanilla, White Chocolate

Very cute but too overbearing to be the staple candy mint tea. Would not repurchase.

This was from a little sampler stack I bought from the Davids sale!  Sometimes I’m happy with simply enough tea for 2-3 servings.  I just want to try it!  This blend is full of sugary goodies.  At least three kinds of sugary goodies… and that is what it tastes like.  The brew is one of the muddiest brews I’ve ever seen.  And it certainly tastes like liquid candy canes… with a hint of stevia.  I like it, but I could do without the stevia.  Can you even make candy canes with stevia?  I don’t think I’d eat them.  The second steep looks just as muddy, even though it looked like the ingredients had all dissolved in the first steep.  But it was a much lighter color of mud this time around.  The description calls this a “rich” black tea, but I’d hardly call it “rich”.  Throwing half a candy cane to melt in a good black tea works just as well.
Steep #1  // 1 1/3 teaspoons for full mug // 20 minutes after boiling  // 2 minute steep
Steep #2  // 3 minutes after boiling //  5 min

The flavor of Candy Cane Crush is overall extremely minty and sweet. The flavors blend together well to produce a creamy, dessert feeling sip after sip! Personally, I like to enjoy a few cups of Candy Cane Crush each winter season, but its rich flavor is strong enough to satisfy my craving of mint chocolate with a single cup.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cream, Creamy, Mint, Sweet, White Chocolate

First and foremost, the dry tea itself is adorable. Upon steeping it, however, it turns a ghastly opaque warm gray, with a frightening sheen of oil on top. The flavor isn’t bad, but isn’t really spectacular. It just tastes like a peppermint tea with a bit of funk to it. Every sip of this tea leaves a thin oily residue on your lips reminiscent of a fresh application of lip balm. Fantastic tea for those with dry lips.

Flavors: Peppermint, White Chocolate

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This smells strongly enough through the bag I dubbed it ‘peppermint danger,’ but I was hasty in giving it the moniker. Happily, the mint smell did not get stronger and sharper upon hitting the air, which is what my fear stemmed from. It does simply smell like peppermints! And the little candies and chips taste like those soft mints you give horses and/or me and mint white chocolate respectively. On the other hand, adding water genuinely resulted in such a horrible turn of events I was glad to put the lid on the pot. The liquor looks like mulm water. Heavily mulmy water. ‘Gravy’ is the most charitable, appetizing way to describe the color.
As for the taste, it’s unremarkable but nice enough- another buttermint, and not one with striking buttermintisity, although it is creamier, which is a nice touch on the tongue. It is, however, not a nice touch on the teapot. The film it left behind makes it rather not worth it. A very fine strainer might catch some of the sludge and make this worth a go.

Flavors: Cream, Peppermint, Vanilla

Made another big pot of this to sip throughout the day, but it’s nearly gone already. Steeped directly in oat milk. So creamy and delicious.

…also go GA and PA!

Courtney

Oat milk for the win! And PA & GA!

Silent Kettle

Oh my gosh! I need to order this soon. I’m going to try this in the holiday sampler pack before buying it haha! :)

Tiffany :)

I’ve never steeped this directly into oat milk, but I did have the other day a nice hot DT s’mores latte (concentrated 4 ps with water then mixed with hot foamy oat milk) with oat milk as the latte part which was very nice.

Mastress Alita

I just ran out of oat milk… sigh.

Cameron B.

I need to try oat milk again… Anyone have a favorite brand?

amandastory516

Oat milk is the best! I love Planet Oat and Oatly.

Courtney

Earth’s Own is really good. :) I totally do a "DIY “Oatly” for the most part now!

AJRimmer

I love oat milk, but it’s so much more expensive than almond at the store, so I always end up going with almond, which has too distracting of a flavor to use in tea ):