Candy Cane Crush

Black Tea, Peppermint Candy, White Chocolate
Chocolate, Mint, Smooth, Sweet, Tea, Peppermint, White Chocolate, Bitter, Cream, Candy, Creamy, Sugar, Malt, Sweat, Milk
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “I taste some mint, and I taste some chocolate. But both flavours seem rather weak to me. The colour of the tea when I steeped it was very pale and greasy and off-putting too. I only had a 5g free...” Read full tasting note
  • “OMG! This is my go to, e’ry day! I get some every year and totally regret it when I start to run out :( Would love it if anyone could recommend something similar! I have yet to find anything that...” Read full tasting note
  • “I really enjoy the peppermisnt and hint of chocolate. When asked to describe what it tastes like I describe it as that refreshing minty taste you feel on your lips when you use Burt’s Bees...” Read full tasting note
  • “l like this tea. It was a thoughtful decision and all of us in my lab that tried it had to think about it before we decided we all liked it. It has a very strong menthol flavour that is surprising...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

What do skating, snowball fights and sledding have in common? They all call for tea. And this decadent blend is like a minty wonderland in a cup. Think creamy white chocolate drops. Rich, comforting black tea. Crushed peppermint candy cane pieces. And tons of cute little snowflake sprinkles. One sip of this sweet, icy-cool blend is all it takes to get you smiling from ear to ear – especially if you add it to your next mug of holiday eggnog. Could this tea be any more festive? We think not.

Price per 50g: $7.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I taste some mint, and I taste some chocolate. But both flavours seem rather weak to me. The colour of the tea when I steeped it was very pale and greasy and off-putting too. I only had a 5g free sample to try, and I don’t think that I will be buying any of this tea in the future.

Flavors: Chocolate, Mint

195 °F / 90 °C 4 min, 30 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

OMG! This is my go to, e’ry day! I get some every year and totally regret it when I start to run out :( Would love it if anyone could recommend something similar! I have yet to find anything that has quite the same umph as this.

Flavors: Mint, Smooth, Sweet, Tea

175 °F / 79 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 13 OZ / 375 ML

I really enjoy the peppermisnt and hint of chocolate. When asked to describe what it tastes like I describe it as that refreshing minty taste you feel on your lips when you use Burt’s Bees Peppermint lip balm, which I happen to like, especially after a big meal (like around the holidays). I know it isn’t for everyone though, so if you aren’t a peppermint fan, steer clear!

Flavors: Peppermint, White Chocolate

l like this tea. It was a thoughtful decision and all of us in my lab that tried it had to think about it before we decided we all liked it. It has a very strong menthol flavour that is surprising at first but actually wonderful when it’s super cold outside. l wouldn’t drink this as a iced tea in summer like other mint teas.

Boiling 7 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

Day 22 of David’s Tea’s 24 Days of Tea 2017

Oddly enough, when brewed this tea becomes pretty opaque, which I’m pretty sure comes from the white chocolate pieces that dissolve while brewing. It also seems somewhat creamy when brewed (probably the white chocolate again) similar to tea with milk added. This tea is definitely sweet enough to skip additives like cream/milk and sugar though.
I would definitely consider buying more of this tea if I didn’t already have a plethora of loose leaf teas to go through, and mint isn’t common in our household.

I just couldn’t get over the strength of the peppermint in this tea and couldn’t finish the cup. Not my favorite, but may be worthwhile to calm an upset stomach because of all of the peppermint.

Flavors: Bitter, Peppermint, Sweet

Not a huge fan of this. Both the peppermint and the black tea are strong . The tea looks muddy and clogged up my steeper :(

It tastes better as I keep drinking it but I don’t think I’d personally buy it again.

Flavors: Peppermint

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Day 22 DavidsTea 24 Days of Tea advent calendar — Candy Cane Crush. What a fun tea! Looks cute in the steeping basket, though it brews up a bit muddy looking. With a dash of milk, it’s a fine, fun holiday/winter beverage. I’m not into actual candy canes, though I recall liking them a lot as a child. This tea calls to mind that nostalgic vibe from the candy while not being actual candy. The super strong mint keeps the sweetness in check and the chocolate gives it a grounded base, so it all just works. It’s got a bit of creaminess, but I found it did need milk to give it the more satisfying heft it seemed to want.

Just picked some of this up during the annual post-Christmas sale. Not sure if I’d buy it at full retail price, as I tend not to reach for heavily flavoured teas very often, but at 40% off, it’s a winner!

Flavors: Chocolate, Cream, Peppermint, Smooth, Sweet

YUM! This had just the right amount of sweetness. I love the peppermint scent and the way all the flavors combine into a creamy, minty, wonderful tea.

This is punch you in the taste buds peppermint, with a strong sweet undercurrent from the white chocolate and snowflake candies. I don’t generally reach for peppermint teas, but when I do so in the future, this would be my go-to.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML