Candy Cane Crush

Black Tea, Peppermint Candy, White Chocolate
Creamy, Mint, Peppermint, Smooth, Sweet, Candy, Sugar, White Chocolate, Cream, Malt, Sweat, Milk
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “I absolutely, positively love this! Every sip was a sip from heaven! Of course this is my own personal feelings about this tea as the rest of the family was not granted the option to even try it as...” Read full tasting note
  • “This may be my favourite tea. Creamy, minty and sweet. It’s an absolute treat! Try it hot or as an iced latte. Sooo good as an iced latte.” Read full tasting note
  • “I drank this tonight as I watched more SMASH episodes. it’s low in caffeine so it’s a good bet for the evenings. and i love the vanilla and mint teas always. i watched the eps where Jeremy Jordan...” Read full tasting note
  • “I think this tea does better in the container than brewed up. It’s a very pretty tea with the snowflakes, white chocolate and candy cane pieces and smells quite nice. Brewed up, the tea takes on...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

What do skating, snowball fights and sledding have in common? They all call for tea. And this decadent blend is like a minty wonderland in a cup. Think creamy white chocolate drops. Rich, comforting black tea. Crushed peppermint candy cane pieces. And tons of cute little snowflake sprinkles. One sip of this sweet, icy-cool blend is all it takes to get you smiling from ear to ear – especially if you add it to your next mug of holiday eggnog. Could this tea be any more festive? We think not.

Price per 50g: $7.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I absolutely, positively love this! Every sip was a sip from heaven! Of course this is my own personal feelings about this tea as the rest of the family was not granted the option to even try it as I only had a small tester amount.

Dried the leaf filled my senses with peppermint and reminders of the winter months and the long missed candy can hot chocolate that Tim Hortons brings out each year (I can no longer have this since they cannot guarantee that it does not contain wheat or gluten). I instantly became impatient for the brew to sit. It produced a cloudy deep peach coloured liquid and filled the air with a peppermint aroma. From the first sip I was in love. Creamy smooth mint danced amongst my taste buds and the last sip left me longing for more.

Sadly it is not an option to buy in store or online and my jubilation was cut short.

The resolution that came on the little tin – Get to know your crush. I do know him, I married him and have sent him on a mission to find this tea lol.

Flavors: Creamy, Mint, Peppermint, Smooth

185 °F / 85 °C 5 min, 30 sec 10 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

Flavors: Creamy, Mint, Peppermint, Sweet

I drank this tonight as I watched more SMASH episodes.
it’s low in caffeine so it’s a good bet for the evenings.
and i love the vanilla and mint teas always.

i watched the eps where Jeremy Jordan sings one of my favorite songs, and i couldn’t stop giggling because the man has some beautiful pipes! but sadly he really can’t dance.
and they do what they can to cover it, but even the little bit of dancing they show is hard to watch.
in the recent Supergirl episode they put him behind the piano and left him there. and it was beautiful.
his singing brings me chills and often ends in my spontaneous fitspump.

Memily

Omg, SMASH! I haven’t thought about that show in ages!

welcome back!

I think this tea does better in the container than brewed up. It’s a very pretty tea with the snowflakes, white chocolate and candy cane pieces and smells quite nice. Brewed up, the tea takes on a cloudy brown colour that as other reviewers have noted isn’t very appetizing looking. The flavour is quite sweet, a bit too much for a morning black tea I find. All in all, I prefer Santa’s secret if I’m looking for a morning black tea with a holiday splash. The black tea flavour is lost in all the sweetness of this tea. Still, it’s not horrible, just incredibly sweet.

Flavors: Creamy, Peppermint

205 °F / 96 °C 6 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

I’m sad to say that this one’s not for me at all. I’m really not a fan of how weak this tea turns out, I don’t think there’s enough literal tea leaves in this one. The white chocolate, sprinkles, and candy canes are so cute but too much for me.

Flavors: Candy, Peppermint, Sugar, White Chocolate

Love this one! To me it’s just the right level of sweet for a dessert or treat type of tea. I steep it for about 4 or 5 minutes, and enjoy it “black” (although given the white chocolate, it isn’t really black at all, haha), with a splash of milk, or as a latte. It tastes far mintier to me than the similar Santa’s Secret does, but also much sweeter. Where Santa’s Secret is a nice sipping tea all through the day, Candy Cane Crush is more indulgent and flavorsome. The black tea taste itself isn’t very pronounced, but all the lovely mint and sweetness does get a nice malty background from it. Definitely a favorite and it’s hard to resist having it all the time, but this blend has quite a bit of sugar for it to be an ‘every day’ tea. Glad it’s limited edition for that reason, haha.

I can imagine it’d be lovely as a strongly brewed latte topped with whipped cream – maybe next Christmas I’ll try it like that.

Flavors: Cream, Malt, Peppermint, Sweat, White Chocolate

A nice, minty black tea. Didn’t get the white chocolate at all besides making the tea look cloudy and milky (and pretty unappetizing). Personally I would add a bit of sugar, but it’s perfectly fine on its own.

Edit March 8, 2017: After drinking this a few more times the trick is to let it steep for an absurd amount of time like DAVIDsTEA’s “Hot Chocolate”. Then you will taste white chocolate and sweetness.

Flavors: Creamy, Milk, Mint, Sweet, White Chocolate

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

very peppermint-y, added too much sugar so toooo sweet. wouldn’t recommend adding any.

Flavors: Mint, Peppermint, Smooth, White Chocolate

This is super cute, but the flavor isn’t anything special. It’s a nice basic black tea and you can “feel” the peppermint. I didn’t really get anything from the white chocolate bits, although they clearly melted and made a cloudy tea. The scent is strongly candy cane rather than just peppermint.

Flavors: Cream, Peppermint

This is another tea that I’m happy I tried but even happier that I don’t like/love. It’s a very heavy tea, if I can even call it that, and I can’t imagine you’d get many steeps out of 50g/2oz. There’s a lot of candy in the blend and very little tea. I tried to drink it hot but it wasn’t doing anything for me. I added a bit of chocolate milk and that made it more drinkable, but I won’t be finishing the bag I’ve opened. It’s basically liquid candy cane, as one would expect from a tea called Candy Cane Crush. I was hoping for a lot more black tea flavor, so I could’ve done with about 1/4 of the white chocolate chips and 1/2 of the crushed candy cane bits. I’d recommend this to those who love candy canes and sweet teas.

Flavors: Peppermint, White Chocolate