Strawberry Shake

Cream, Floral, Grass, Honey, Pleasantly Sour, Strawberry, Vanilla, Yogurt
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Michelle

From DAVIDsTEA

Do you know the milkshake man? It’s said that Ivar ‘Pop’ Coulson created the first milkshake in 1922, adding scoops of extra-rich ice cream to malted milk drinks. We think he would have loved our version of a good old-fashioned strawberry shake. Inspired by the malt shop classic, this sweet and creamy green tea combines the richness of yogurt with a bright burst of juicy strawberry and papaya. And since it has zero calories, it’s a guilt-free indulgence you can feel good about drinking. Two straws, please!

Ingredients: Green tea, papaya, yogurt bits (partially hydrogenated veget able oil, milk powder, sugar, lactose, whey powder, soy lecithin), candied strawberry (glucose syrup, strawberries, fructose, potato starch, sodium alginate), natural strawberry and yogurt flavour.

Price: $8.98 per 50g

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea smells amazing, but unfortunately that was the only enjoyable part of it for me. No matter how I steep it, the taste is bland and grassy, with a bitter after taste. It’s disappointing as I love other green teas from David’s.

I don’t care for this as a hot tea at all. But iced, it’s delicious and refreshing. I can smell and taste the strawberry and the green tea. It’s a nice summer combo.

Really loved this tea. The strawberry flavor was sweet and creamy, instead of being sour like so many other strawberry teas. Would definitely get more of this.

I loved the smell of this tea, but after buying it I found it totally bland. I have tried different ways of preparing it, eg. with milk / cream / vanilla flavoring / honey / white sugar / brown sugar/ sugarcane syrup / grape syrup… Nothing worked! I was so disappointed.

But today I tried something new, which changed my impression on this tea altogether: I blended in some dried rose buds and hibiscus. The floral scent of rosebuds brings out the strawberry note that was ever so faint. And the tartness of hibiscus (and its pink colour which I like) takes away the grassy note of green tea.

Throw in a little honey or whatever sweetener, and the tea now tastes like magic! I’m loving it.

Flavors: Cream, Floral, Grass, Honey, Pleasantly Sour, Strawberry

A very pleasant mix of grassy green tea with hints of plump, ripe strawberry and a little creaminess from the yogurt chips. I find it to be very well balanced and summery. I didn’t appreciate it as much when I first got into tea, but I enjoy it a lot more now, because I love the subtle flavors and realized that the berry and cream come out a lot more with a lower steep time.

I feel like this tea got a bum rap, mostly because it was part of the Malt Shop Collection which was kind of a weird interstitial one that didn’t actually seem to have a lot to do with ice cream minus the names. For instance, Strawberry Shake tastes far more like a strawberry green tea than it does some sort of shake. Being a green tea it also doesn’t really lend itself to being mixed with dairy, which would’ve potentially made it ice creamier…

All that being said, it’s a perfectly nice blend in and of itself. It’s a sweet strawberry with some rather subtle vanilla undertones and a nice, sort of dry green tea finish. I like it best iced with no sweetener.

I’m happy I’ve got a skinny tin of this, but I doubt I’d want much more. If you go into this tea expecting it to taste like a strawberry milkshake, you’ll be disappointed – but if you go in expecting a light, sweet strawberry green tea, you’ll be happy!

Flavors: Grass, Strawberry, Vanilla

this one from david’s isn’t bad…but it’s not great. I like the strawberry milkshake like feeling i’ve got going on while i drink this. There’s a little bit of a grassy note peeking through from the green tea, but not enough to make me totally not enjoy this. However, the sample i picked up, is certainly all i need of this one.

I see I liked this when I originally tried and, and I still do despite it being a couple years later – it’s a delicious strawberry Campino sort of flavour with a grassy green in the background (it tastes like many other strawberry greens have smelled to me in the past, but without the pesky metallic notes). Carefully brewed (175F, 2 mins, 1.5 tsp/8oz) – no astringency for me, at least. Likely would make a fantastic iced tea, but since I like it warm, I think I’ll finish it off that way and leave the icing to teas I don’t want to savour as much.

Oohhh, I do like this one! I’m kinda regretting that I only got 1/2oz of this in-store the other day, but I hope that they’ll be some left whenever I find the time to go back down to the store! the sample I got is probably only good for maybe two more times. I don’t really get why though, when I order 2oz from another company it lasts forever, but with DavidsTea, it’s all gone in a flash. But they do add alot of filler and random things so 2oz is not 2oz of straight tea.

Is this like a strawberry shake? Yes and no, to me this is much more akin to Strawberry Hi-Chews! Which are delicious!

Even at a higher steep temperature it did not get astringent too quickly, but the leaves do not hold flavor well. I had a very mild 2nd steep, but it was not as strong as the first. I used 2tsp/12oz tea.

I grabbed the Malt Shop Collection the day it came out and of the three, this was by far my favorite. Probably because of the three, it is the only one not presweetened with stevia. However, even being my favorite, this tea was merely just okay. It was light in flavor and I found, for once, DAVIDs went too light with the flavoring.

Check out my review of the entire Malt Shop Collection (including the Strawberry Shake-infused white chocolate bar) here: http://sororiteasisters.com/2017/03/16/the-malt-shop-collection-from-davidstea/