Jasmine Crème Brulée

Green Tea
Apple, Blackberry Leaves, Jasmine Green Tea, Marigold Flowers, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Pineapple, Rose Hip Peels
Apple, Butter, Caramel, Jasmine, Popcorn, Sweet, Vanilla, Custard, Pineapple, Sugar, Burnt Sugar, Butterscotch, Cream, Brown Sugar, Floral, Meringue, Creamy, Fruity, Milk, Pleasantly Sour, Rosehips, Cranberry, Thick, Smooth, Tropical, Tannin, Burnt
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “I stocked up on this tea before it was re-released – I got 250g super cheap… before ever trying it. Terrible mistake! haha. It does seem to be almost universally loved though! I find it has a...” Read full tasting note
  • “Didn’t think i’d like this one given the “jasmine” but this is much more like a creme brulee tea than a jasmine tea – in fact the jasmine was barely noticeable. Still not a fan of the tea, but it...” Read full tasting note
  • “Opened the bag and it immediately started yelling BUTTERED POPCORN at me, with a little vanilla. Barely any jasmine at all. I was a bit disappointed but remembered reading another review that it...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’m not a big fan of green tea (except matcha), but this is so good even my non-tea fan mom likes it! Lol we happened to be at DT on the first day it was released, so we tried a sample and my mom...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Meet our newest obsession: the crème brulée. French for “burnt cream,” this rich and creamy dessert is famous for its silky custard base and crunchy toffee crust. Not only is it such a mouthwatering combination, it’s also inspired one of our favourite macaron flavours. This decadent tea combines all the vanilla-cream sweetness of a classic crème brulée – with a twist. Our secret? We added a pop of jasmine for a light floral touch. Satisfying, sophisticated and downright addictive, it’s the ultimate teatime indulgence.

Ingredients: Apple, jasmine tea, rosehip shells, pineapple (pineapple, su gar), sweet blackberry leaves, marigold flowers, natural and artificial flavouring.

Price per 50g: $8.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I find it has a strong smell (dry and steeped) of buttery, creamy caramel apples. The taste is nothing but watery apple juice so matter what I do! I don’t get any jasmine notes or really even any buttery caramel notes. I’m going to keep trying though – since I have a ton of it anyway :)

Flavors: Apple

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

lol that’s why i was ok with this one…but i guess technically it doesn’t really live up to it’s name as you pointed out

Didn’t think i’d like this one given the “jasmine” but this is much more like a creme brulee tea than a jasmine tea – in fact the jasmine was barely noticeable. Still not a fan of the tea, but it was drinkable and unexpected since i thought this would likely end up down the drain haha. Thanks for the share VariaTEA!

Opened the bag and it immediately started yelling BUTTERED POPCORN at me, with a little vanilla. Barely any jasmine at all. I was a bit disappointed but remembered reading another review that it really comes alive as you drink it, so carried on and holy cows alive this is so so amazing. Buttered popcorn yes please. (My roommate smelled it and said warm vanilla frosting, so as always YMMV.) Creme brulee is a bit of a misnomer – I’m the world’s number one creme brulee fangirl and I don’t get any true custard notes in this. But it’s smooth and creamy and vanilla and that jasmine lightly plays in the background….I will have a tin of this at all times for the rest of my life methinks.

Flavors: Butter, Caramel, Jasmine, Popcorn, Sweet, Vanilla

I’m not a big fan of green tea (except matcha), but this is so good even my non-tea fan mom likes it! Lol we happened to be at DT on the first day it was released, so we tried a sample and my mom liked it from there! I need a bit of sugar in my tea for the flavour to come out, so once I prepared it at home I immediately noticed the caramel goodness. Excellent tea! I hope it’s a permanent blend! It also smells exactly like creme brûlée and tastes like an appley green tea-infused creme brûlée! Fascinating flavours all within one cup – love it :)

I got this as a sample in my David’s sweet collection. I used about 1 cup water to the small jar it supplied and I found it was just very weak for my preference of stronger tea. I liked the taste enough, but it was so in the distance for me that if I bought this tea, I’d probably have to put 3X what is recommended for me to enjoy it. So, I’m going to pass on this one.

I was surprised by how much I liked this tea! Personally after trying it a few different ways, I prefer it as a hot latte.

Interestingly, it tastes much more of sugar or custard than it does of jasmine. I think the jasmine and the fruity apple notes come out more as end notes. Iced, the jasmine notes come out a little more, while a hot latte seems to help favour the fruitiness.

Something about it actually kind of reminds me of an apple pie. Overall, it doesn’t taste how I expected it to at all, but I did still very much enjoy it.

Flavors: Apple, Custard, Jasmine, Pineapple, Sweet

Our store has been sampling this as a hot 2% latte with chocolate agave (it’s their signature drink right now) and it’s flipping good!!! I love it so much. Can’t get enough! And the Jasmine isn’t super strong on it which is nice.

Stopped into a DTs shop today to try samples and one of my tea people gave me a shot of the extra strong steep Chocolate Jasmine Creme Brûlée used for lattes to try. It was super sweet as the tea is sweetened with chocolate agave, but it was good. I can totally see that it would be stellar as a latte, but that is me guessing. With the chocolate agave addition, I can’t with any honesty tell you what the straight tea would be like.

To be continued.

My intention had been to sample the Jasmine Creme Brûlée to see whether this batch is the same as the previous one or whether it had been doctored. If it is the same as previously, I’d like to pick some up because it is an inspired blend.

This is a pretty weird tea. I’ve tried brewing it with hot water and then less-hot water; I’ve added sugar and also tried no sugar; I’ve added milk as well as gone without. This tea does not remind me of creme brulee at all. Normally I love all things creme brulee.

That said, it’s not a terrible tea, but I had high expectations based on the name.

The only reason I can think of why my experience is so different from others’ glowing reviews is that my 50g supply has an overabundance of apples that is overbearing in flavour.

Flavors: Apple, Sugar

This is really good actually. I don’t know why but lately I am always hesitant of DAVIDsTEAs new blends. I buy samples of all of them and then leave them in my tea drawers forever, and in the case of limited edition blends, that sometimes means leaving them until its too late to get more. I’m blaming the stevia.

Anyways, as I said, this tea is a good one. Caramel is captured so well but the jasmine keeps it from being overly sweet. More than that, it is caramel and vanilla and custard and cracked brown sugar and…creme brulee…with just a bit more. Honestly, I am crazy impressed here and really sad I waited as long as I did to give this a try because its awesome. Good job, DAVIDs on a successful creme brulee tea.

Evol Ving Ness

See, now due to DTs nonsense, I no longer buy small samples for this very reason.
With this one, I didn’t even buy a sample. Even though I knew that this was a good one.

I guess I am just well and truly irritated by their shenanigans: the stevia, the false flavours, the matcha changes, the prepackaging, and the outrageous changes in the FS program.

Sorry that I missed this one though.