Lady Marmalade

Apple, Apricot, Black Tea, Candied Papaya, Cinnamon, Ginger, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Nutmeg, Rose Blossom Leaves, Stevia Leaf
Apple, Apricot, Cinnamon, Ginger, Malt, Fruity, Cream, Jam
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

From DAVIDsTEA

From the breakfast table to the Moulin Rouge, everyone’s jumping on the marmalade bandwagon. And it’s no wonder – there’s nothing quite like the distinctive flavour of this lightly bitter fruit preserve made from citrus peels, fruit juice and sugar. People love it so much, they even write chart-topping tunes about it. And just like the famous song it was named after, this apricot black tea is sure to be a hit. With a hint of ginger and cream, it’s sweet and tart – just like our favourite ladies. Serve with scones and prepare to get sassy.

Ingredients: Black tea, apple (apple, citric acid), candied papaya (papay a, sugar), ginger, cinnamon, apricot, rose blossoms, nutmeg, stevia extract, natural and artificial peach and apricot flavouring.

Price: $8.98 per 50g

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is another stand-out tea for me this year. I sampled it as it was on its way out, and I was able to find someone who wanted to get rid of her stash. Apart from the apples, this is one of the best apricot teas I’ve had in quite some time.

Speaking of apples, I’m so tired of seeing them listed as one of the main ingredients of a tea when they’re not contributing anything…apart from apple flavor that usually detracts from the blend instead of enhancing it. I’m looking at you Pistachio Ice Cream, Just Peachy, etc.

I digress. I love stone fruits in tea, and it’s so difficult to get right or maybe I’m just picky. It’s probably the latter. There’s just enough spice to give it a bit of depth. I actually quite like the hint of ginger in the blend. It’s much more interesting than just tired ol’ cinnamon. I’m glad they put this in a black tea base, but it’s not as robust as I’d like. I’d attribute that to the fact that they chose to source a blend with fewer tea leaves and more apples. Nonetheless, it’s one of the few flavored, fruity black tea blends from DT that I enjoy both hot and iced.

If anyone has recommendations for a good apricot blend, especially one with a black tea base, please share.

Flavors: Apple, Apricot, Cinnamon, Ginger

Tried this blend iced. I can definitely taste apricot but I am not a fan of the tea at all.

I wish this one was available all year round! I’m glad I took a chance on it during the sale and grabbed a couple skinny tins.

I’ve only tried it iced so far, but it’s already one of my all time faves in terms of iced tea. I love that it’s got a bit of caffeine from the black tea base, and a bit of a round, malty body from it too. Mostly it tastes like delicious apricot jam with ginger and cinnamon. I imagine it’d be quite black and maybe even with a splash of milk, too.

I brew about 1, 1.5 Perfect Spoons worth with near boiling water at about 7 minutes. For me it’s the perfect blend of fruit, black tea, and a hint of spice.

I hope DT brings this one back sometime.

Flavors: Apricot, Cinnamon, Ginger, Malt

Fjellrev

You’ve convinced me to try it!

I’m a pretty big fan of this tea. It’s not a super strong, overwhelming fruity tea, but I enjoy it.

Flavors: Fruity

2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Last tea of the day. I bought this solely because it was a new one and didn’t sound like any of the others I bought.

My initial reaction when opening the packet was, “Ugh. Another apple-based fruity tea.” I brewed it anyway.

I preemptively added two Splenda, because if I’m drinking a fruity tea, I want it to be super sweet.

It’s not bad. Not the worst fruity tea in my drawer. The apple isn’t as strong as I thought it would be. I would like someone to make a fruity herbal tea one day that doesn’t involve apple (or hibiscus, tbh) though.

Flavors: Apple, Apricot, Fruity

A smooth, fruity, sweet black tea with apricot and cream notes. I don’t taste ginger, cinnamon, or nutmeg, which is relieving, because I dislike all of those ingredients. It’s completely unlike anything DAVIDsTEA currently has in their collection, which I appreciate. I really enjoyed sipping on this one, but I’m not sure if this one will become an everyday sip for me.

Flavors: Apricot, Cream

Last of three teas I brought with me for the trip to Grandma’s this weekend.

Made this one in the tea press with some milk; it was really good overall! Sweet, creamy and vibrant apricots accented with sweet notes of ginger that almost felt candied? Every now and then hints of the rose would come through as this really light, floral flavour that just added a nice contrast to the fruit notes. Only downside was the gross stevia flavour that stuck out in the aftertaste. Of course, it was brief and only in the finish of the sip, so the easy solution was just to take another sip of the tea to mask the flavour…

Still would have been better sans stevia, though.

ashmanra

I was just listening to this song last week! I couldn’t remember the name of it, found it through what lyrics I remembered thanks to google, and subjected the kids to it thanks to amazon prime. You are too young to know that it was a song, perhaps?

Roswell Strange

No, it’s a great song! :) In particular, really loved its usage in Moulin Rouge. The tea is actually named for the song, as well.

ashmanra

I have never seen Moulin Rouge, I didn’t know it was used in the movie! I bet my kids knew, though. :)

Wow, they did a good job making this taste like marmalade. It’s actually pretty close. Although I’m not really a fan of marmalade, this is pretty nice. I added some sugar to make it taste sweeter. I taste the apricot and apple, as well as a hint of ginger. I like this tea – though I’ll probably only get 50g. (I’ll decide when I have a second cup.

Flavors: Apple, Apricot, Ginger