Walnut Orange Scone

White Tea
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Papaya, Rose Hip Peels, Walnuts, White Tea
Orange, Spices, Walnut, Bitter, Orange Zest
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “Perhaps I used a bit too much water in my cup/ under-steeped it a little (since this seems to be more herbal than white tea) but it seemed very watered down, and the only flavor that came through...” Read full tasting note
  • “I don’t know why I waited so long to review this, I tried it when it first came out and have ever since loved it! I’m not getting the ‘scone’ aspect to it though. I just really love the orange and...” Read full tasting note
  • “Tasted this when hot and it was good, as it’s cooling down I decide the nut flavor throws it off. When checking the label, I’m wondering if the “artificial walnut flavoring” is what I don’t like. ...” Read full tasting note
  • “l really liked this one. You have to let it steep or else it only has a mild nut flavour. Let it steep a full 5 min minimum and it’s “oh wow, walnut and orange!”” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Craving a sophisticated treat? You can’t do better than a plate of warm buttery scones. Whether you serve ‘em straight up or with a side of jam and cream, those melt-in-your-mouth delights are a delicious way to class up any party. This dainty sippable version balances white tea, warm walnut and bright orange rind. And like a freshly baked scone, we love it best early in the morning and late in the afternoon.

Papaya, white tea, apple (apple, citric acid), rosehip peel, walnuts, orange peel, orange blossoms, natural and artificial walnut and orange flavouring.

Price per 50g: $10.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Perhaps I used a bit too much water in my cup/ under-steeped it a little (since this seems to be more herbal than white tea) but it seemed very watered down, and the only flavor that came through for me was light orange. Not horrible, but was looking forward to the richness of the nuttiness to balance the orange and it just wasn’t there. Will try again with more tea/ longer time to see if it balances out more

I don’t know why I waited so long to review this, I tried it when it first came out and have ever since loved it! I’m not getting the ‘scone’ aspect to it though. I just really love the orange and walnut flavours along with the delicate white tea base.

Flavors: Orange, Walnut

Tasted this when hot and it was good, as it’s cooling down I decide the nut flavor throws it off. When checking the label, I’m wondering if the “artificial walnut flavoring” is what I don’t like. Won’t buy again.

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

Sipdown (373)

Nutty and orange. That was the first sip. The next was papaya and rosehips. All of it is a little artificial and the nut with the white tea is a little drying from time to time. Some sips leave me thinking this is nice while others leave me not wanting more. So, I think this maybe isn’t for me even though I can see the appeal.

hmm the sample I had of this was more of generic tea flavour + something hinting at fruit. No orange and no buttery, pastry scone flavour. I did taste a hint of nut, but nothing like what I was wanting. Perhaps I should brew this myself before I make a final determination since I find in-store brewing seldom reflects how it tastes when I brew it.

It amazes me how absolutely random these in-store steepings are. I am certain that I’ve sampled this several times as an in-store brew and it has been different every single time.

Today, it was very delicious.

After the first sip I didn’t immediately want to toss this, but after a few more I had to. I wish that the orange flavor came through a bit more and was expecting something fresh tasting, but this tea missed the mark. I do like the hint of white tea coming through, but other than that this tea wasn’t very good. It also has a bad aftertaste.

Day 10 of David’s Tea’s 24 Days of Tea 2017

This tea has an amazing scent and a nice, light flavour. I’m definitely gonna pick up more of this one!

This one is surprising, not overly so but just enough to make me want to have another cup; despite the artificial flavoring. Anyway, the dry smell doesn’t leave much to be desired. Smells to fake honestly. But liquid has some interesting notes. The more I drink it the less sure I am though. Now I’m starting to feel I don’t like it as much. Perhaps this is the type of tea that needs to be hot to be enjoyed. When it’s lukewarm the citrus comes out to much and somewhat ruins it for the rest of the flavors.