Maple Syrup Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Candied Papaya, Natural Flavours, Oolong Tea, Raisins, Roasted Chicory Root
Artificial, Autumn Leaf Pile, Butter, Maple, Pancake Syrup, Roasted, Sweet, Mango, Musty, Fruity, Maple Syrup
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Low
Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

• “This tea was not what I had expected – it had a fair number of other ingredients that I wasn’t expecting. However, it was pretty good. Nicely nutty and sweet; I’m not sure if I’d guess “pancakes...” Read full tasting note
  • “This kind of tastes like caramel popcorn. Not really getting the maple. Yeah, this is the kind of tea I enjoy trying a sample of but would be fine with never having again. I prefer Oh Canada, which...” Read full tasting note
  • “Home – 9:00 PM I am a great lover of all things maple. I had a lovely maple porter with dinner this evening! So, needless to say, I had to toss this one in with my last David’s Tea order, because...” Read full tasting note
  • “First off, I’ll say that this tea is nice, it’s just not my thing. The artificial sweetener can clearly be tasted. Initially upon steeping, it tastes like nothing but butter, but after it slightly...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

Call us stereotypical Canadians, but we love maple syrup. And this sweet and satisfying oolong tea is dripping with it. With buckwheat and roasted chicory, it tastes just like a stack of pancakes drenched in rich amber maple. Whether you sip it straight up or as a frothy tea latte, your weekend brunch will never be the same again.

Apple, oolong tea, candied papaya (papaya, sugar), raisins, buckwheat seeds, roasted chicory root, maple sugar, stevia extract, natural and artificial flavouring.

Price per 50g: $9.98

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea was not what I had expected – it had a fair number of other ingredients that I wasn’t expecting. However, it was pretty good. Nicely nutty and sweet; I’m not sure if I’d guess “pancakes with syrup”, but that’s ok. The stevia surprisingly didn’t bug me too much, but the tea was a little sweeter than I’d like to have on a regular basis.

This kind of tastes like caramel popcorn. Not really getting the maple. Yeah, this is the kind of tea I enjoy trying a sample of but would be fine with never having again. I prefer Oh Canada, which actually tastes like Maple and is pleasant enough to have frequently. But I guess I could leave a separate review about that.

Home – 9:00 PM

I am a great lover of all things maple. I had a lovely maple porter with dinner this evening! So, needless to say, I had to toss this one in with my last David’s Tea order, because maple.

It’s not a great tea, but I really didn’t expect it to be. There is a nice maple flavor, and a bit of butteriness that takes it to a “pancake” sort of place. Overall, the flavor is quite artificial.

I do wish David’s would top putting stevia in their teas. As a person who never adds sweetener to tea, it’s a bit off-putting…

The base tea is slightly roasty, but otherwise not noteworthy.

Flavors: Artificial, Autumn Leaf Pile, Butter, Maple, Pancake Syrup, Roasted, Sweet

Kittenna

I haven’t picked this one up yet, but am really disappointed to hear there’s stevia in it :( I felt it would either be a big hit or a huge miss… sounds like the latter. I’ll still try it though!

Cameron B.

I often feel compelled to try anything and everything maple-y. Otherwise, I probably wouldn’t have bought this one as I am often too disappointed by dessert-ish teas. I have better luck with fruity flavors.

Kittenna

I honestly am not sure I’ve ever had a good maple tea, come to think of it…

First off, I’ll say that this tea is nice, it’s just not my thing. The artificial sweetener can clearly be tasted. Initially upon steeping, it tastes like nothing but butter, but after it slightly cools you can actually taste the rest of it. The maple is there but not overwhelming. The papaya is definitely being used as a sweetener and gives it a sort of bizarre overall flavour as a hot tea.

It’s very musty smelling, from the artificial butter-like flavour, but otherwise is good. It was pleasant – I just won’t be buying more of it. It’s really good as a latte, though.

Flavors: Artificial, Butter, Mango, Maple, Musty

I tried this hot, in-store, and I am still on the fence as to whether or not I should buy some tea to take home. The maple syrup aroma was very distinct, but the sweet taste of it was warring with other fruit flavours in my mouth, and mostly I felt confused after every sip.

Flavors: Fruity, Maple Syrup

OMG this tea is SO delicious as a hot latte! Tastes like maple syrup and pancakes. I got my boyfriend to try it and he said it tasted like french toast. I can see myself going through a lot of this tea-I hope this one sticks around for a long, long time!

Update: I tried this as an iced latte. It was good, but made as a hot latte is better.

Sipping on a mug of this one currently; it’s especially buttery today so that quality combined with the rich maple notes are making me think very strongly/clearly of maple or caramel popcorn. Sort of like Cracker Jack!? I’m greatly enjoying the cup though; there’s something very pleasant and delicious as well as comforting about that rich buttery maple note.