Thai Banana Cake

Black Fruit Herbal Blend
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Dessert by Deb

Oh the sweetness of warm banana cake! The versatility of bananas in desserts knows no bounds. This black tea blend is laced with sweet bananas and the bright tropical flavours of toasted coconut and lemongrass for the most comforting bite of cake.

Certified organic ingredients: Black Tea, Natural Banana Flavour, Bananas, Toasted Coconut, Lemongrass

Handcrafted in Toronto, Canada.

Steeping instructions: 2 tea spoons at 212F for 4-6 mins steep and prepare as a latte/with milk!

About Dessert by Deb View company

Dessert by Deb is an organic tea company and lifestyle brand based in Toronto, Canada. At Dessert by Deb, it's tea time all the time because tea isn't just a drink - it's a way of life. From stationery and paper products, to kitchen accessories, to sweet and delicious organic dessert teas inspired by afternoon tea, patisseries, and baked goods, there are plenty of ways to bring the joy of teatime into your everyday life. Join the tea party!

I drank this in the middle of a hectic work day, and admittedly don’t remember much about it. I remember tasting banana and coconut, and I remember liking it.

The first banana blend I’m trying from Deb!

Her banana teas have sort of become infamous at this point and because I’m a massive lover of banana teas I had to get in on the action! This was really nice – it definitely has a sweet (but not sugary) banana taste like a nice and perfectly ripe banana. The little bit of citrus from the lemongrass is interesting because it gives it this almost “green” edge like an under ripe banana without it actually tasting under ripe – it accentuates the natural banana feel of the flavour, and also lifts those notes to the forefront of the sip to make them really pop. The coconut is a great compliment, which has almost this tropical kind of twist to it. While I can’t say I would associate this tea with cake were it not in the name, it’s a really enjoyable blend and I can definitely see where the excitement for Deb’s banana blends has come from!