Thé Noir N°25 (Black Tea N°25)

Almond, Cardamom, Ceylon Black Tea, Clove, Flavors, Indian Black Tea, Orange Peel, Rose Petals, Vanilla
Cherry, Clove, Marzipan, Orange, Smooth, Spices, Sweet, Cinnamon, Almond, Cloves, Rose
Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

• “Palais des Thés Advent Calendar – Day 7 Wow, I’m surprised to see this one so early in the calendar. I fully expected this to be the Christmas Eve tea. Well, I guess now it really will be a...” Read full tasting note
  • “The fragrance of this is exactly stereotypical Christmas tea, but in a good way. It tastes pretty much how I’d imagine, a little softer on the spices than some I’ve had, and the orange is more...” Read full tasting note
  • “Well hello there, orange. This is the first time I’m tasting orange in an orange spice tea in a while. The last few booted orange out of the club. Other than the citrus, cinnamon is another main...” Read full tasting note
  • “I had been putting this one off a bit (one of the last black teas in my MissB package) because it is a Christmas tea, and it just didn’t feel Christmasy. It still doesn’t, but I put it off long...” Read full tasting note

From Palais des Thes

Black Tea N°25 is a beautiful black tea from Sri Lanka with notes of citrus, rose, almond and spices.

An exclusive scented creation from Palais des Thés, Black Tea N°25 is an essential choice for the Holiday festivities. It is a delicious blend of vanilla pods, almonds, cinnamon, ginger, orange peel and lemon zest, combined with a black tea, green tea, white tea or rooibos.

A sweet, comforting tea to share with others or give as a gift!

black tea (Sri Lanka, India) (87%), orange peel (3%), rose petals (3%), flavors, almond (2%), clove (2%), vanilla (1%), cardamom

About Palais des Thes View company

Palais des Thés Advent Calendar – Day 7

Wow, I’m surprised to see this one so early in the calendar. I fully expected this to be the Christmas Eve tea. Well, I guess now it really will be a surprise! This is your garden-variety holiday black tea – with orange and clove and some other additions.

It is better than I expected. The orange is stronger than the spice, which makes it a bit more fresh-tasting. Overall, it’s a very light tea, and the flavoring is light as well. There is some bubblegum-esque flavor – maybe from the almond flavoring?

Overall, it’s light and flavorful with a nice pop of orange. I’m not the biggest fan of these holiday teas, but this is enjoyable to drink nonetheless. :)

Flavors: Cherry, Clove, Marzipan, Orange, Smooth, Spices, Sweet

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

The fragrance of this is exactly stereotypical Christmas tea, but in a good way. It tastes pretty much how I’d imagine, a little softer on the spices than some I’ve had, and the orange is more evident. I see mentions of floral and almond flavors – I definitely don’t pick up any florals, but the almond might be there faintly. This one isn’t too heavy on cloves, either, which make it so easy for a spice tea to go bitter. Very nice and inoffensive – nothing spectacular about it, but definitely crowd pleasing.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Orange, Spices

Well hello there, orange. This is the first time I’m tasting orange in an orange spice tea in a while. The last few booted orange out of the club. Other than the citrus, cinnamon is another main player in this tea. I would have liked to have picked up on the rose and almond but I think I might have brewed this one a little too strong, so the base ended up covering those notes up, perhaps. It’s a little on the bitter side. I’m sure milk and/or sugar would help with that but I don’t want to be consuming any calories today, yet.

Much thanks to MissB for the experience!

I had been putting this one off a bit (one of the last black teas in my MissB package) because it is a Christmas tea, and it just didn’t feel Christmasy. It still doesn’t, but I put it off long enough. I also tend not to care for LPdT’s black tea bases, but we’ll see how this one goes.

Anyway, almonds and spices and such. Also supposedly citrus and rose; I think I got some orange (though it wasn’t very strong), but no rose. It was nicely almondy, and the cinnamon wasn’t overpowering. My biggest gripe with this one is the base… at current parameters, it seems like it needs an “oomf”, something to pick it up and give it a little more flavor. Like a higher temp! But there are also notes that warn me that it might not be so friendly at a hotter temp, like the base would go bitter on me. I think this one would likely be delicious brewed strong and taken with milk and sugar, so I will likely save the rest of it until winter when I feel like doing such things again. :)

Sigh. I swear I’ve seen Sil review this. Boo. Regardless, having this this afternoon and it’s still lovely. Not amazing, but I’m sure that’s just the limescale-filled kettle.

ohfancythat

is it like, if Sil hasn’t reviewed it, it doesn’t exist??

lol

ohfancythat

(if a tea is drank in the forest…..)

hahahaha

MissB

Ha! It’s more that Steepster is losing reviews again… but I love both of your interpretations so much more!

Overkilling tea. The taste and odour are awesome.