Masala Chai

Black Chai Blend
Spicy
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper

1 Tasting Note View all

• “‘Samurai’ Traveling Teabox – Tea #6 I had this one yesterday. I love a thoughtfully spiced chai.  This is one on a CTC base.  It’s funny because SkySamurai included two chai blends that look...” Read full tasting note

From Shafa Blends

Our signature Masala Chai tea has an incredibly aromatic South Indian blend of spices with black tea, impeccable cardamom notes, spicy kick from ginger and black pepper. When you steep this blend in milk, the flavors blend in beautifully, and the addition of a little honey takes the flavors to another level. The longer you steep the tea blend in hot milk or water, the spicier the brew will become (a heat-lovers’ delight).

Tea Type: Black tea, caffeinated

Ingredients: Black tea, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, black pepper, ginger

Masala Chai tea can be steeped in milk for longer that the suggested time This blend contains only natural ingredients; no added flavors!

About Shafa Blends View company

1 Tasting Note

‘Samurai’ Traveling Teabox – Tea #6
I had this one yesterday. I love a thoughtfully spiced chai.  This is one on a CTC base.  It’s funny because SkySamurai included two chai blends that look exactly the same in spices… even though they’re different…but one has a CTC base and the other has a longer leaf black tea.  I bet I end up loving both of them.  This one is very spicy.  It must be the spiciest chai I’ve ever had without actually including chili of any kind.  How is it this spicy!?!?  1 1/2 teaspoons is probably too much.  So much heat only from ginger and black pepper?!  I’m usually fine with spiciness, but towards the end of the second brew, I’m all spiced out. Shafa might need to tame this one a bit. The resulting brew isn’t too dark despite the CTC leaf.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoon for a full mug // 5 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 minute steep

Flavors: Spicy

derk

Sounds like my kind of chai

Shanie O Maniac

Same. I may have to try and get some of this. I love me a good super-spicy chai!