English Breakfast

Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita

From T2

A traditional blend of Sri Lankan broken-leaf teas that produces a coppery liquor with an assertive aroma. The flavour is bright and brisk, perfect any time of the day.

Ingredients: Ceylon black teas

Brewing Guide: 1 tsp per cup, 2-4 min, 100C (212F)

About T2 View company

I drink this tea every morning. If I don’t, I’m lost! I probably have two cups a day.

185 °F / 85 °C

Please keep things friendly and .

I have to have this for breakfast, even if I’m running late or not in the mood for anything else.

Please keep things friendly and .

So this was my pot of tea to accompany my dark chocolate covered digestive biscuits, because I wanted to feel properly British while watching the Doctor Who Season 11 Premiere with my friend today! Another T2 sampler down, and I’m getting pretty close to having cleared out most of the English/Irish Breakfast samplers in my stash, too.

This one is only a blend of Ceylons, so even among English Breakfasts, I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite (I prefer the ones that add a little Yunnan or Keemun), but still better that ones I’ve tried that were extremely Assam-heavy. The leaf was CTC so I steeped it briskly since I personally don’t prefer my blacks too biting, and it turned out quite nice; it was quite malty with a rich baked bread flavor, and actually had a lot of sweet molasses mid-sip, that led to a sharper, slightly woody flavor toward the finish. The astringency following the sip was quite mild and it made for a nice late afternoon pot, especially paired with the sweet dark chocolate biscuits.

That was a most enjoyable Doctor Who premiere. Full of tea and biscuits and got to geek out with my mate… life is good.

Flavors: Astringent, Baked Bread, Malt, Molasses, Wood

205 °F / 96 °C 2 min, 0 sec 4 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

Please keep things friendly and .

Can’t start the day without a beautiful cup of this Tea. The tea bag turns my morning tea into a very stylish and delicious experience. I think I’m going to officially give up coffee!

Please keep things friendly and .

Have tried the tea bag version of this and to me it is a very bitter tasting tea – it isn’t anything special just straight up English Breakfast and is quite strong. If you like straight up traditional black tea than this is for you, if however if you want a little tweak or something weaker than I would avoid this one.