Creme Brulee

Black Tea, Brittle, Natural And Artificial Flavouring
Burnt Sugar, Caramel, Malt, Nuts, Smoke, Smooth, Spices, Creamy, Nutty, Vanilla, Brown Sugar, Hazelnut, Tea, Toffee, Honey
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Mastress Alita

From T2

A silky, decadent sweet treat. Velvety vanilla plays with caramelised hazelnuts in a gorgeously golden brew. An intense aroma enhances a refined and delicate infusion. Creamy and dreamy, this buttery caramel delight sings the song of after-dinner contentment.

Ingredients: Black tea, natural and artificial flavor, hazelnut praline (sugar, hazelnuts) [CONTAINS TREE NUTS.]

Brew:
1 teaspoon per 200mls, brew 2-3 minutes in water at 100 degrees Celsius.

Serve: With or without milk, a little drizzle of honey is heaven.

Flavour: Caramel, Sweet, Vanilla

Strength: Medium

About T2 View company

As my first posting on Steepster, I want to start with my favorite tea which I was introduced to by my daughter, Devvyleys (on Steepster), when I visited her in Sydney, Aus. Being a new tea enthusiast, my tea notes won’t be so much from the descriminating palate point, but more to the pleasure each tea gives me as I try them.
The taste of caramel is what of course brings such pleasure from Creme Brulee. It is a black tea and very smooth if steep time is kept to about 3 min for a first steep.
Being a southern girl and having been brought up on iced sweet tea, I find that with hot teas I still prefer to have them sweetened some, and I use Stevia in place of sugar.
While this is for me a great relaxing tea to enjoy while reading, it would likely make a wonderful dessert tea and I imagine it would be especially good with almond cookies (biscuits to Aussies) or banana bread.

Unfortunately, my crush on this tea has ended, it really has not stood up to the test of time. I find that it is far too easy to over brew it leaving to a very bitter tea with a sickly sweet aroma that doesn’t translate into the tea.

When made right it is still a deliciously sweet tea that really is quite divine but given that a couple of seconds make the difference between delightful and having to be thrown out I feel like it’s not worth the bother anymore.

That being said the addition of milk does seem to negate the over-bewing and create a nice milky desert tea. Given that I’m not a fan of milk in tea though it doesn’t really help me much.

I do really like this tea, but worked out after a few migraines that my problem was with the hazelnuts in this blend. Hazelnuts aren’t listed as a flavour on the description for this tea, but is mentioned when you look at the ingredients. So if you are sensitive to them, then just be aware. I’ve switched to Terrific Toffee also from T2, and it is a fantastic replacement!

Favourite flavoured black tea by far, more like a dessert, caramel and vanilla distinctive but not over powering

Maybe it’s because I can’t smell but I didn’t taste anything different from in this tea, especially not anything resembling creme brulee. I ended up adding frothed milk and sugar which it took very well to, but it’s not a very special dessert tea. I also found it had a strange aftertaste I had to wash out.

Drinkable, but disappointing. I’ll brew it again longer and shorter (apparently its optimal steep window is narrow), along with some plain black tea to compare it to, and write another note. Thankfully I just got a free sample packet, which the lady was very happy to provide!

This has to be my all time favourite tea, it completes my morning <3

I really love milky, sweet teas, and I think that this tea is THE favourite because it takes milk and honey really well. Indeed, it tastes ‘incomplete’ without them.
It’s best piping hot, although if I don’t finish my pot in the morning I have been known to bung it in the fridge for the afternoon.
It always cheers me up, a large mug of creme brulee, a good book and my nutbag cat are the best thing for a rainy afternoon like today. GAH, is summer a foreign concept, New Zealand?

smells a bit funky, like all caramel tea does, but is delicious with some honey and milk.

Trick or Treat! This was my work thermos tea today, and after a refill on my lunch break, I have another T2 sampler down!

The base tea tasted very much like a Chinese black to me, having a somewhat slightly spicy and smoky taste, so I really enjoyed this! It was very smooth and lacked astringency. The flavoring also wasn’t too overpowering as they tend to be in dessert blends; there was a soft, burnt sugar flavor, with hints of caramel and nuts, and they just sort of added a gentle sweetness that played into the base nicely rather than steamrolling right over it. As the fall weather is starting to really set in (it’s expected to freeze tonight!), this mix of smokey black and burnt sugar syrup flavors really did it for me this morning!

Flavors: Burnt Sugar, Caramel, Malt, Nuts, Smoke, Smooth, Spices

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 400 OZ / 11829 ML

I don’t think I was expecting the nuttiness. Does it belong in a creme brulee tea? No, maybe not. But, I don’t hate it. The black tea base isn’t very robust, but it’s got good vanilla and caramel flavor. It takes milk well and it makes a nice iced latte too.

Again, shame about the packaging.

Flavors: Caramel, Creamy, Nutty, Smooth, Vanilla

A sweet, smooth, classy tea that tastes like what it boasts and benefits well from a shot of creme brulee liquor. Dessert in a cup. It’s not particularly standout for me, but I would keep coming back to it simply because it’s a ‘reliable’ blend.