Banana Bake

banana, Caramel, Cinnamon, Sweet, Banana, Creamy, Vanilla, Baked Bread, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea Stephens

2 Images

From T2

Robust black tea with hints of vanilla and banana take you away to a picture perfect winters day, all snuggled up with a cuppa and munching on a warm loaf of banana bread.

About T2 View company

I have a soft spot for banana flavored black teas, so I had to add this to my order. It tastes more like bananas and caramel than a tray bake, but that’s fine by me. It’s sweet and it has nice banana flavor. There’s a bit of cinnamon which makes it taste a bit more like a baked good, but, overall, it’s just a sweet black tea with decent banana flavor. I’ve had a few cups of this – hot/straight, latte, iced latte. They’ve all been pleasant cuppas. Again, not a tea I’d rush out to repurchase, but I shouldn’t have any trouble finishing off my 100g.

Flavors: banana, Caramel, Cinnamon, Sweet

One day I thought it would be really great if there was a banana flavored black tea I could drink. Not banana-coconut, not banana-walnut, not bananas foster, just banana. I decided to try T2’s Banana Bake, even though it supposedly has a hazelnuts in it. Luckily, I detected nothing but banana and black tea, with a bit of creaminess to it. Looking back on all this, I realized what I was actually pining for was probably Butiki’s Hello Sweetie, a tea I was only able purchase once, and immediately fell in love with. A tea, also, that will most likely never be replicated. But that’s unfair to compare T2 to, a nice, but much lesser tea, more akin I think to David’s Tea. I very much enjoy this hot, really don’t want to have it iced, and I think it may just carry me into the Fall season with no problem. Just a nice, banana-y black, good with breakfast or if you’ve got a craving for a dessert type tea. It will have to do.

Flavors: Banana, Creamy

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 1 OZ / 29 ML

I personally like Banana Bake iced, with a splash of vanilla soy milk.
Utterly gorgeous.
Notes of vanilla, and banana through this wonderful tea.

Flavors: banana, Sweet, Vanilla

Iced 8 min or more 3 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

Sipdown (117)!

I had a good tea mail day today; packages from my tea twin VariaTEA and my Secret Pumpkin Anlina showed up today, so now I have a TON of stuff I get to sample and try! Even though my cupboard is only at 117, it feels like it’s swelled so much. But in a good way.

Couldn’t resist trying this banana tea as soon as possible, though; so it’s one of four teas from the two of them that I steeped up. And, this is really good; the banana flavour is really full bodied and fresh, and it’s complimented by a bouquet of vanilla and cream notes that make the whole cup so sweet and comforting. Additionally, the black base isn’t totally covered by the flavouring, and is very enjoyable without even the slightest indication of bitterness or astringency. The tea description also compares this to Banana Bread, and I can see the comparison.

Definitely a well done, and enjoyable tea!

Flavors: Baked Bread, banana, Cream, Vanilla

…and Sil leaps ahead….

Roswell Strange

I was doing so well ;)

haha i’m just trying to get to 91 before butiki order arrives so that i’ll be back at 100.

VariaTEA

I thought you would like this one. Glad I was correct :)

Thanks Memily for sharing this with me. It is a pretty solid banana tea. Not something I immediately need to run out and stock but it certainly is nice and has a great banana flavor. I am happy I have much more to this sample so thank you once again.

Sami Kelsh

I’ve never had banana in tea and the idea slightly baffles but intrigues me. Hmm.

TeaBrat

Red Leaf makes a banana matcha that is really good

VariaTEA

I have the bananas and cream matcha and it is great.

Memily

Give it a go cold steeped or iced!

VariaTEA

I will definitely test it out that way Memily.

Had this a few times now.
I’ve oversteeped and overleafed it, understeeped and underleafed it, made it with regular milk and soy milk, drank it with and without sugar, and straight as well.
Delicious every.single.time.
It means a lot to me when you can do whatever the heck you want with a tea and still have it taste so good.
This was limited edition and it sold out in most stores nationwide in mere weeks.
There are so many other teas I want to try but I bought a second box of this because once it’s gone, it’s gone. Unless it was super popular, which in that case they may add it to their permanent collection but no guarantees. Having said that, I have a feeling it will be brought back but I grabbed the very last box at my store anyway.
Have to comment on how damn pretty the leaves are as well. Dark and slightly twisted, with bright yellow strands weaved throughout, real banana pieces and bold red flecks.
Bring it back, T2. Please. Pretty please.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 15 OZ / 450 ML
Celeste Alice

Darn, I reckon I’m too late to pick up at a box now. Only a few more weeks until I’m over in Australia as well!
I’m with you in hoping they bring it back promptly :)

Hahahaha I’m so excited about this tea. Trying my first cold steeped version today and it’s ridiculous. It’ s like a lovely blend of black tea base and banana candy flavour.

mmmmm sounds tasty heh