Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong

High
Edit tea info Last updated by Random

• “Z is for…Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong I was drinking this and it dawned on me that this tastes an awful lot like a cinnamon roll. I like cinnamon rolls so I was happy drinking this one and made at myself...” Read full tasting note
  • “Gongfu Sipdown (1077)! Sipped down this tasty tea sample of Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong this afternoon, which was a gift from VariaTEA! With a thick liquor and sweet and starchy notes of carmelized...” Read full tasting note
  • “Mine. So glad to have a version of this in my cupboard after picking up my order from VariaTEA. This is exactly what i wanted it to be. Is it as wonderful as the 2013 harvest from YS that i feel...” Read full tasting note

From Tea Runners

Although often heavily smoked and used to make Lapsang Souchong, this Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong (“Wu Yi Mountain Small Tea Plant”) is processed in the traditional style of black tea and has notes of dark chocolate with a surprisingly sweet finish.

Great black teas like this one don’t require additives like milk and sugar to enhance their deliciousness, as their sophisticated and enigmatic personalities sing harmoniously on their own.

About Tea Runners View company

Z is for…Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong

I was drinking this and it dawned on me that this tastes an awful lot like a cinnamon roll. I like cinnamon rolls so I was happy drinking this one and made at myself for tossing the leaf because I think I would have resteeped this a few times.

You made it to Z! Good job. :D

VariaTEA

Thank you. I don’t know what to do with the remaining few days of the month now lol

tea-sipper

haha. I’m planning on trying to find more teas for the letters that weren’t TRULY sipdowns. I think I’m breaking my own rules a bit too much.

Gongfu Sipdown (1077)!

Sipped down this tasty tea sample of Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong this afternoon, which was a gift from VariaTEA! With a thick liquor and sweet and starchy notes of carmelized yams, malt, brown sugar, and red fruits – this was a delicious tea break for the afternoon!

It’s also my choice for today’s #SeptemberSipdown prompt, which was a gifted tea. To be honest, my tea friends and the tea community in general are some of the most generous people I’ve come across so I have probably hundreds of teas from over a dozen people that could have worked for today, but Rachel is the very first person in the tea community that I connected with on such a deep and real level so it feels right that I highlighted a tea from her today!!

Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/CEw6CHZAJer/

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbcYxDZo2u8&ab_channel=DelWaterGap

Fun fact – this is currently my most listened to song on Spotify…

VariaTEA

So when I saw the prompt I thought of the teas that actually came gift wrapped from people. I never thought about the teas you gave me as gifts because it seems so natural to our friendship to just share ALL the teas! But you’re right, they are gifts and they are awesome so thank you! Now I feel like I should have shared a tea from you – goodness knows I have more than enough to choose from.

Mine. So glad to have a version of this in my cupboard after picking up my order from VariaTEA. This is exactly what i wanted it to be. Is it as wonderful as the 2013 harvest from YS that i feel in love with? No. But it’s got flavour and makes me happy. I officially have too much tea now.

tea-sipper

You can’t possibly have too much tea now.haha

I DO! A couple more orders are on their way….haven’t done a full inventory yet but we’ll see