Chocolate Chai

Black Chai Rooibos Blend
Black Tea, Cardamom, Carob Pieces, Chicory Root, Chocolate Flakes, Cinnamon, Clove, Cocoa Kernels, Ginger, Rooibos, Vanilla Pieces
Chocolate, Cinnamon, Cloves, Spices, Cardamon, Earth, Wood, Artificial, Creamy
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by barbiesnooze

• “I am in a chai kind of mood lately. Must be the cooler weather. I am tasting chocolate and cinnamon in this chai. Pretty tasty. Just wished it had more spiciness to it, but it is definitely a...” Read full tasting note
  • “I was surprised to find a sealed bag of this tea at the bottom of my stash today, and I hadn’t even tried it! :O So obviously I had to open and try it now. It smells like a chai with a hint of...” Read full tasting note
  • “First time I tried it, it tasted like tootsie rolls. I’m not normally a fan of the candy but I kind of liked it. However the more cups I had, the more it just tasted like cinnamon tea, kind of...” Read full tasting note
  • “I prefer light chai teas and find Teavana’s to be too potent in general, but I had high hopes for this one because it contained chocolate. However, the chocolate was barely perceptible and the...” Read full tasting note

From Teavana

Satisfy your inner chocolate lover with our decadent Chocolate Chai tea. Velvety and smooth, this soothing black tea blended with rich Indian spice, vanilla, and chocolate is a sensory treat any time day or night. Warm your heart and hands with perfection in a cup.

Rich dark chocolate balanced with sweet cinnamon and Madagascar vanilla, with a smooth body from black tea and rooibos

About Teavana View company

I am in a chai kind of mood lately. Must be the cooler weather. I am tasting chocolate and cinnamon in this chai. Pretty tasty. Just wished it had more spiciness to it, but it is definitely a tea I can finish drinking gladly.

I was surprised to find a sealed bag of this tea at the bottom of my stash today, and I hadn’t even tried it! :O So obviously I had to open and try it now. It smells like a chai with a hint of chocolate. Steeped with a little sugar it’s pretty good. Lots of cinnamon flavour, and spices, and then the chocolate. Not a bad blend.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Cloves, Spices

First time I tried it, it tasted like tootsie rolls. I’m not normally a fan of the candy but I kind of liked it. However the more cups I had, the more it just tasted like cinnamon tea, kind of dissapointing.

Flavors: Chocolate

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I prefer light chai teas and find Teavana’s to be too potent in general, but I had high hopes for this one because it contained chocolate. However, the chocolate was barely perceptible and the cinnamon too strong. I had to drown it in sugar and honey to make it palatable.

Flavors: Cardamon, Chocolate, Cinnamon

1 tsp

I really wanted to love this one, but I didn’t. It just doesn’t scream chai… I’m not sure if it even suggests it. I certainly don’t taste much chocolate.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Got two oz of this with a Christmas gift. It’s just not that good. The tea itself was cloudy. The taste is dubious at best. I don’t like it. The chocolate flavor is not strong enough and the chai is just off.

I brewed this one time in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 3 min.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
kristinalee

Ugh, yeah, I got a free sample of that once and hated it. I’m pretty sure that’s the one that turned me against flavored teas in general.

I got this tea in a gift bag from a friend. I usually do not purchase Teavana flavored teas as they seem very artificial to me. This one is no different, and on its own it has an overpowering aroma with a very bland taste, body and murky color. However is has some nice spice notes that go well with milk and sugar. So over all with I’m enjoying the experience, it makes for great cup of spiced milk drink.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Earth, Spices, Wood

2 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

At first I really really liked this tea.. Then earlier this Fall, it was on sale for 75% off so I bought a lot thinking maybe it would be discontinued.. I bought it a few batches at a time, as I saw it was still on sale. It tasted different- not as good. Blander, less cinnamony, more artificial. Teavana customer service told me they changed the formula/ recipe for it recently. Also the new bags say to use more tea leaves per cup than the old bags. So now I am stuck with tea that does not taste the same as the one I really liked. My solution: Bought cinnamon sticks to break up and put in the tin. This made me less disappointed about my purchase, but I do not think I will buy it again since they changed the flavor. Overall review: bland, artificial vanilla-like flavor, not as much chocolate, and not so much chai flavor anymore either.

Flavors: Artificial, Chocolate, Creamy

I have found through tasting many chai teas from Teavana they all taste the same this was no exception.

Flavors: Cinnamon

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I don’t know if it is just me, but the more recent Chai teas released from Teavana all taste pretty much the same to me. I was excited when the new Chocolate Chai and Caramel Rooibos Chai came out last summer, as I am a huge Chai fan. But after tasting them, they tasted a lot like the Oprah Chai which was released about 4 months earlier. Nothing new here, it seemed. Then, about 9 months later, Teavana releases a new Herbal Oprah Chai that also tastes pretty much like the original, non-herbal Oprah Chai. Considering that Teavana rarely releases new teas as it is (compared to David’s Tea who is always releasing new teas), it is very strange that they keep releasing teas that taste so similar to what they already have on the shelf. I don’t really get it.