Moonlight Dragon Ball White Tea

White Tea
Bulk
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre

• “Sipdown! This is one from Angel at Teavivre. Thank you! I steeped this for about 5 minutes and since that only 1/2 opened the tightly wrapped ball, I probably should have steeped this for longer....” Read full tasting note
  • “This is a fantastic white tea presented in a unique way! Each dragon ball looks to be about an inch across and individually wrapped in tissue paper. It has the appearance of big ole white leaves...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another one from Angel this was interesting to me. Tightly packed ball. I’ve steeped this a few times now – the first was a long steep which barely opened the ball up. THis has a light taste to...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’m in love with this tea. I was already in love with it as I unwrapped the fragrant little ball composed of downy leaves and dropped it into my basket. What could be easier? After brewing a dozen...” Read full tasting note

From Teavivre

Origin: Jinggu County, Pu-erh City, Yunnan Province, China

Plucking Standard: One bud with one lea

Dry Leaf: Hand rolled into ball-like shape covered with moonlight fuzzy hair, each ball is roughly 7-9 grams

Aroma: Similar to the fragrance of honey or dry red dates

Liquor: Golden bright color

Taste: Sweet and mellow taste with slight fragrance of red dates, the flavor of old white tea starts to become strong since the fourth infusions

Tea Bush: Jinggu Dabai Cha

Tea Garden: Zhuangli Tea Garden

Our Moonlight Dragon Ball White tea is made from Jinggu Dabai tea bush with the plucking standard of one bud with one tea leaf. It’s totally handmade and wrapped with an independent tissue paper for each ball that makes it very suitable for collection, storage and carrying. When brewed, it carries a crystal-clear and bright tea liquid, and notes with a honey fragrance greets the noise that combine a slight fragrance of dry red dates.

About Teavivre View company

Sipdown!

This is one from Angel at Teavivre. Thank you! I steeped this for about 5 minutes and since that only 1/2 opened the tightly wrapped ball, I probably should have steeped this for longer. Nonetheless, the tea is the typical white tea hue so I figured it might be okay. Flavorwise, it is light but flavorful with notes often associated with white tea like sweet corn, hay and butter. It is good but it is also a plain white tea, which is not something I reach for very often. So, I would recommend this for those who enjoy white teas even though I myself probably won’t revisit it anytime soon.

This is a fantastic white tea presented in a unique way! Each dragon ball looks to be about an inch across and individually wrapped in tissue paper. It has the appearance of big ole white leaves wrapped into a sphere. Such a lovely sweet flavor results! I could swear there is some sugar mixed in with these white tea leaves. The flavor is light yet smooth and full for a white tea. The second steep is even thicker, like a syrup with a lovely white tea flavor — something deeper than the first steep but not astringent. The third steep is more autumnal flavored — still delicious but I think the third steep could have waited a few more minutes after boiling for the best of that light, syrupy, sweet flavor. I think I could keep steeping this many more times! I’d stock up on this one. If you’re looking for a delicious white tea, this is it. It doesn’t even taste like a usual white tea to me — only sweetness and light.
Steep #1 // 1 piece for a full mug// 20 minutes after boiling // 2 1/2 minute steep
Steep #2 // 15 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #3 // 5 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep

Another one from Angel this was interesting to me. Tightly packed ball. I’ve steeped this a few times now – the first was a long steep which barely opened the ball up. THis has a light taste to it…slightly sweet as infusions moved on. It probably didn’t get stronger until after the 5th? infusion, but i did lose track of things.

I’m in love with this tea. I was already in love with it as I unwrapped the fragrant little ball composed of downy leaves and dropped it into my basket. What could be easier? After brewing a dozen different teas in a week I admit I am lazy.

The flavors were bright, fragrant, lightly floral but in no way as forward as some jasmine or oolongs, and subtly sweet. Brewed well even after a few long infusions (forgot it, as I said, was lazy).