Jasmine Dragon Ball Black Tea

Black Teas, Jasmine Flowers
Earth, Floral, Jasmine, Nutty, Pepper, Roasted, Spices, Spicy, Dark Chocolate, Red Wine
Bulk
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaVivre
200 °F / 93 °C 7 g 6 oz / 165 ml

• “Jasmine dragon ball black tea. By Teavivre. https://www.instagram.com/p/BPQWibtAi0l/ Review: Ru Yao dragon teapot. Gongfucha. Dry leaf: no smell. https://www.instagram.com/p/BPQWqWAAHjs/ Wet leaf:...” Read full tasting note
  • “I enjoyed this tea last week but am just getting to this note now. This black tea dragon ball is quite pretty with it’s large leaves interspersed with numerous jasmine flowers. I wanted to try the...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’m thinking i was sent a different tea than what’s on the label of this sample from angel. Instead of a single ball in my package there were small balls – similar to the dragon black pearls. I’m...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thanks again, Teavivre! I always appreciate the samples! This is a BIG individually wrapped dragon ball of black tea with whole jasmine blossoms embedded in the tea. When I was infusing the tea...” Read full tasting note

From Teavivre

Origin: Jasmine - Hengxian, Nanning City, Guangxi Province, China
Tea - Jinggu, Pu’er City, Yunnan Province, China

Plucking Standard: One bud with one leaf

Dry Leaf: Hand rolled into ball-like shape covered with a few golden tips. Each ball, with dried jasmine flowers, is roughly 9 grams.

Aroma: Jasmine and honey scent

Liquor: Bright orange-red color

Taste: With slight jasmine scent, it tastes mellow and smooth with sweet taste and lingering fragrance in mouth.

Tea Bush: Yunnan large-leaf tea species (over 80 years old)

Caffeine: High caffeine (nearly 40% of a cup of coffee)

Jasmine scent will be obvious when brewing it with western methods, while the Dian Hong flavor will be obvious when brewing it with Chinese Gongfu way.

About Teavivre View company

Jasmine dragon ball black tea. By Teavivre.

Review:

Ru Yao dragon teapot. Gongfucha.

Dry leaf: no smell.

Wet leaf: spices, pepper, floral (?).
forgot to take photo

1x medium rinse.

Light steep; I taste/smell: (smell) nothing. (Taste) slight —→ spices (?), pepper.

Medium steep; I taste/smell: (smell) slight pepper (?), spices (?), roasted.
(Taste) slight earth. light —→ spicy, spices, pepper.

Heavy steep; I taste/smell: (smell) light —> pepper, spices, nutty.
(Taste) slight spicy. strong -→ pepper, spices, nutty, earth, floral, jasmine.

All in all; what an adventure! Lovely taste/aroma and cha qi. I rate a 95 since I’m not much for black teas.

where to buy: http://www.teavivre.com/jasmine-dragon-ball-black-tea/

Flavors: Earth, Floral, Jasmine, Nutty, Pepper, Roasted, Spices, Spicy

200 °F / 93 °C 7 g 6 OZ / 165 ML

I enjoyed this tea last week but am just getting to this note now.

I wanted to try the base tea from Simao first so my first steep was 45s. There was a hint of jasmine-scent over a malty fruity scent. The tea is malty upfront with a slight almost grape like fruit note overlying a touch of honey with a hint of the creamy cool taste of jasmine. Steeped this way as Teavivre notes the tea is very upfront and the floral is a faint echo.

For the second steep I took a western approach and steeped it for 1.5 minutes. There were hints of chocolate added to the scent and flavour and the base tea became much sweeter and creamier. There was a plummy note and a bit of cream added to the flavour. The jasmine was intensifying the creamy and fruity notes of the tea. This was a fruity jasmine note that I often find in well scented teas. It is however still very muted. The jasmine is more apparent as it cools and adds a spice incense like note into the grape notes in the tea.

The third steep at 2 minutes had Hints of sweet potato and stronger malt from the base. Jasmine was still presenting a cool creamy accent. Jasmine became more apparent as it cooled and created a fruity slightly candyish accent over a cool hint of floral spice. This steep was more distinctly floral than the previous steep.

Altogether a very nice tea with the subtle jasmine enhancing the flavours of the base rather than being the star of the show. I will enjoy drinking this again. Thanks Teavivre for the sample!

I’m thinking i was sent a different tea than what’s on the label of this sample from angel. Instead of a single ball in my package there were small balls – similar to the dragon black pearls. I’m going to assume that this is NOT jasmine dragon ball black tea since i don’t get any jasmine in the scent nor is it visible. No rating on this one since i don’t think it’s the right tea heh BUT thank you for the sample Angel. Whatever this is, it’s enjoyable to drink this morning :)

Thanks again, Teavivre! I always appreciate the samples! This is a BIG individually wrapped dragon ball of black tea with whole jasmine blossoms embedded in the tea. When I was infusing the tea ball, I saw at least EIGHT whole jasmine blossoms floating! Unfortunately, the usual intoxicating amazing jasmine scent and flavor that Teavivre’s teas usually have is not with this one. I tried tasting hints of jasmine, but I can’t taste it at all. However, there is a TON of tea leaves here, almost completely filling up the infuser basket when steeped, though it never gets too astringent or bitter. The flavor is a lovely black tea — very dark and deep, with notes of dark chocolate and wine. So as a jasmine tea, this is a fail but as a black tea, this is delicious. If only it had the jasmine flavor like the other Teavivre jasmine teas.
Steep #1 // 1 piece for a full mug// 12 minutes after boiling // rinse // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // few minutes after boiling // 4 minute steep
I hope everyone who celebrates is having a great Thanksgiving!

Flavors: Dark Chocolate, Red Wine