Banana Fluffernutter

Honeybush Tea
Freeze Dried Banana Slices, Marigold Petals, Marshmallow, Natural Flavours, Organic Flavours, Organic Honeybush
banana, Cake, Peanut, Sweet, Banana, Candy, Cream, Smooth, Wood
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

• “I’ve been drinking this tea a lot lately, and just finished off a 2oz bag. Simmered it in oat milk on the stove for 10 minutes, and added a shot of banana matcha from 3 Leaf. Sooooooo freaking...” Read full tasting note
  • “Home – 9:30 PM Another one from VariaTEA! I don’t drink many honeybush blends, mostly because they’re not super common. This has cute wee marshmallows in it! I dig it. The banana flavor is...” Read full tasting note
  • “One of the many teas that I received from the amazing VariaTEA today. Seriously, she passed along more than eighty tea samples to me – single handedly pushing my cupboard into the 600+ tea mark!...” Read full tasting note
  • “this tea makes me angry every time i have it lol. it’s not really banana…not really marshmallow….it’s just this weird sort of i dunno what to call it tea to me. I’ve tried to boiling water…cooler...” Read full tasting note

From The NecessiTeas

Do you banana?

If you haven’t had a Fluffernutter, then you are missing out! It is a wonderful concoction of marshmallow fluff and peanut butter in a delightfully tasty sandwich! These were my favorite growing up, but my mom made them even tastier by adding (in my best Minions voice) BANANAS!! If you love the classic combo of peanut butter, toasted marshmallows and banana, imagine that in a cup of tea! Make sure to add banana to your next Fluffernutter, you’ll thank me!

Preperation
Use 1 tsp per 8 oz boiling water, steep 5-7 minutes.

Organic honeybush, freeze dried banana, marigold petals, peanut butter chips, freeze dried marshmallows, natural and organic flavors.

About The NecessiTeas View company

I’ve been drinking this tea a lot lately, and just finished off a 2oz bag. Simmered it in oat milk on the stove for 10 minutes, and added a shot of banana matcha from 3 Leaf. Sooooooo freaking good. Tastes like a piece of freshly baked banana bread.

Home – 9:30 PM

I dig it. The banana flavor is admittedly very much like banana Runts, but I’m okay with that. I do get a lovely fluffy creamy flavor as well. I’m not sure I would specifically call it marshmallow, but the effect is similar. The honeybush base is woody and smooth, and I suppose sort of gives a suggestion of peanut butter. But only because I know this is supposed to have peanut butter!

It’s tasty. The flavor is quite light overall, but I’m okay with that for a caffeine-free evening blend.

Flavors: Banana, Candy, Cream, Smooth, Sweet, Wood

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
VariaTEA

This one was always missing something for me. It’s a nice caffeine free option but I always wanted banana fluffernutter and it always fell short :(

One of the many teas that I received from the amazing VariaTEA today. Seriously, she passed along more than eighty tea samples to me – single handedly pushing my cupboard into the 600+ tea mark! Tea friends are amazing, and also sometimes kind of crazy.

I picked teas today by just randomly picking from the box, which is how I wound up drinking this one. Here’s the thing, I don’t know that I’m familiar with what a fluffernutter actually is? I mean I’m like 95% sure it has marshmallow in it but other than that I’ve got no clue. It was good though! The taste was very rich and sweet and it put one very solid image in my head that I just couldn’t break away from; this basically tasted exactly like those banana marshmallow five cent candies that you used to be able to get at the convenience store. Very sweet and more of an artificial banana flavour but still so good; definitely has this nostalgic quality for me. I could also taste the honeybush; sweet and woody with a very slight peppery undertone to it as well. I actually liked the pairing a lot; that woody/peppery combo kept this one from being too sweet/sugary.

Thanks VariaTEA!

Hahahahaha ha ha I saw the box before it went out :) have fun!

VariaTEA

A fluffernutter is a peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwich.

And also we hadn’t swapped in a while and there were teas I really wanted to send and I had much smaller boxes at first but I had to keep upsizing until finally I only had a big box so I figured if I was gonna send that I might as well make it worth it and just stuffed the shit out of it.

this tea makes me angry every time i have it lol. it’s not really banana…not really marshmallow….it’s just this weird sort of i dunno what to call it tea to me. I’ve tried to boiling water…cooler water….standing on 1 foot….no matter how i make it, it’s just…“whatever” bah!

Evol Ving Ness

disappointing.

Fjellrev

I can’t help but laugh at the fact that a tea actually makes you angry haha.

Evol Ving Ness

sad because we all had high hopes for this one.

@Fjellrev – yeah well, what can i say? it’s SUPPOSED to work!

I made this earlier but it got cold since my brother’s girlfriend is here and we have been baking cookies all afternoon. We started with peanut butter cookies while we waited for the butter to soften. My brother-in-law, who has a severe peanut allergy, is at the Fire Hall today so we’re taking advantage of his absence and having ALL THE PEANUT BUTTER (between this tea and the cookies)! We then made nutella cookies and then my sister requested Salted Caramel cookies. Now that the butter has softened, the plan is to make chocolate chip cookies and Cappuccino chocolate chip cookies but we’re taking a break and I am finally drinking this tea.

It’s okay. Banana-y. Honeybush-y. Nothing really screams peanut butter and other than the sweetness, there is not much marshmallow either. It is a nice enough tea but I am always left wanting more.

tea-sipper