Carrot Cake

Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From Tickled Tea

Warm and earthy, a cup of this will definitely give you that cozy feeling all over. Have your cake and sip it too!

Black tea leaves, dried carrot, cinnamon bark, walnuts, allspice, natural and artifical flavouring

Allergens: Walnuts

Gluten Free!

60-90mg per 8oz. Cup (average 8oz coffee contains 150-200mg)

*Please note that caffeine levels can vary due to many factors, including water temperature, steeping time and amount of tea leaves used per cup

About Tickled Tea View company

Tried this a latte and it is pretty tasty. I do get some carrot flavor but it does not remind me of carrot cake. Still a good cuppa tea though.

So, I bought one of DT’s new Tea Presses – after years and years of refusing to buy an iced tea press. Honestly? I still doubt I’ll ever use this one for iced tea – but for hot tea I’ve been finding it pretty convenient to have around, and I like the red colour so much…

I made this one in the tea press the other day, with some milk.

I actually thought this tea was delicious! However, I do have some issues with it too. For starters, despite there being an abundance of carrot in the dry leaf I can’t really taste the carrot? Also, I always get really frustrated when people make carrot cake blends that DON’T also take a stab at the cream cheese frosting – and there’s no frosting in this tea either. Adding milk did add an element of creaminess, that kind of forced the imagery into the cup – but it’s not really the same thing.

That said, the spices are really nicely balanced and warming: in particular I thought that the allspice was a really nice touch. It’s very autumnal in feel, and right now I’m finding myself particularly drawn to more autumnal feeling teas as the weather sort of changes/transitions. Also! The walnut was really pleasant; that note definitely came through in a very nice way and the element of nuttyness with the spices was really relaxing, especially since the walnut adds this really subdued sweetness that I find spicier blends always need to feel put together.

It’ll be interesting to try it again, for sure – just to see if I can find the carrot flavour and make this a real ‘Carrot Cake’ tea and not just a spice cake. Holding off on rating for now, I think.