Chinese Black Tea, Tahitian Vanilla
Cherry, Cocoa, Dark Bittersweet, Dark Chocolate, Malt, Vanilla, Autumn Leaf Pile, Green Wood, Chocolate, Earth, Flowers, Forest Floor, Grass, Cream, Almond, Blackberry, Baked Bread, Dill, Grain, Raisins, Creamy, Smooth, Sweet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by TreeGal

• “A lot of reviews on this. I was happy to see it available on their website again. Like many here, it’s been on my wishlist for a long time. I prepared it by putting 5g in 12 fl oz at 200°F for 3...” Read full tasting note
  • “I always wanted to try this one and I’m now able to because of Ost’s sale. Thank you! The age of this tea might not be the newest, so I will take that into consideration. I didn’t want to use...” Read full tasting note
  • “It was my birthday the other day and this what I reached for. Not that I don’t have other teas that are stellar but that day it happened to be this. And yes, still celebrating.” Read full tasting note
  • “The cocoa-y, chocolate fudge notes are all there, strong and delightful. A bit of creamy vanilla, too. I can detect the cherry, but only if I really focus – maybe I’m willing the flavor into...” Read full tasting note

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

Quick Sips: Powerful vanilla, cherry, and cocoa notes combine in this beautiful rich dessert tea! Smooth and sweet.

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

I prepared it by putting 5g in 12 fl oz at 200°F for 3 minutes, the second steep was for 7+ minutes. It’s a malty cherry chocolate black tea with some vanilla notes, some bittersweet dark chocolate notes… Like those dark chocolate covered cherries but mild. The cherry is very natural and it is not an ingredient, it is part of the tea itself which makes it pretty delicious. Next time I’m going to gongfu it to get a more full picture of the profile but for now, I was just so excited to try it (finally).

Flavors: Cherry, Cocoa, Dark Bittersweet, Dark Chocolate, Malt, Vanilla

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

I always wanted to try this one and I’m now able to because of Ost’s sale. Thank you! The age of this tea might not be the newest, so I will take that into consideration. I didn’t want to use all the leaves I had for this steep session, so I used one teaspoon while not pouring water to the top of mug. The leaves are dark and wiry and I didn’t notice too many actual vanilla beans if I was supposed to? The resulting brew is a light copper. I expected a darker brew almost? Probably because when I think of this tea, I’m always thinking of people mentioning chocolate. The flavor is DEFINITELY still cherry which is surprising if this is a natural flavor coming from the tea. I’ve never tasted that before — natural cherry notes coming from a plain black tea. Possibly it tastes mostly like a Ruby tea to me, but here there are many more flavor notes that are much more unique to this tea. It also reminds me of a Fujian tea for having those light starchy chocolate notes while also being sweet. The mouth feel is very smooth. So this hits the cherry notes that I expected but I’d love to have noticed more of the chocolate and vanilla notes. The third steep was a bit tapped out on flavor. I’m thrilled I finally was able to try this though.
Steep #1 // 1 teaspoon for partially filled mug // 14 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // 7 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #3 // just boiled // 5 minute steep

Flavors: Cherry

Maddy Barone

I am so bummed that this tea isn’t available. Or the Golden Orchid, which was my fave. Maybe Brendan will bring the Vanilla Dreams collection back again someday.

derk

I got a very defined cherry note in a 1.5 year-old bag of WP’s Cheshire Black which has a base tea from Ailaoshan. I’m guessing some of that leaf in is Cocoa Amore.

Nattie

I always wanted to try this one too.

Lexie Aleah

Happy Late Birthday! __

Mastress Alita

Happy birthday!

VariaTEA

Happy belated birthday! Yay for celebratory teas!

Roswell Strange

Happy birthday!!!

Thank you!

mrmopar

Happy Birthday!

tea-sipper

Happy birthday!

Thank you!

happy birthday lady! sorry i missed it….apparently steepster unfollowed you? :(

evol-ving

Thank you, Sil. No, I wasn’t in followed but rather my original acct is on my laptop, as is FB, and I still am without WiFi at home. This acct is what I can access on my mini tablet out in the world. Hence, my very short posts and being mostly incommunicado. Typing with this stick sucks. (I need to get your little pouch of tea to you. I’ll send a couple of dates/times soon. Are you away or at work the next couple of weeks?)

I head in to work about 2 days a week – mondays are almost always a given. I’ll be in ottawa for a week though, but around over the next few weeks.

evol-ving

K, I’ll prrpose a couple of times on a couple of mondays

The cocoa-y, chocolate fudge notes are all there, strong and delightful. A bit of creamy vanilla, too. I can detect the cherry, but only if I really focus – maybe I’m willing the flavor into existence. Handed the cup to the husband for him to sip, only telling him, “It’s Cocoa Amore.” He gets the cherry flavor immediately. I’m jealous.

It brews up quite light in color, although the leaves are deliciously super dark and promising. Still, it packs a lot of flavor, regardless of the color of the liquor. Great tea, as expected, but I still love Golden Orchid more. I’m impressed, though, at the richness and complexity of this tea.

Flavors: Cocoa, Dark Chocolate, Malt, Vanilla

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Meagann

cant say that it’s the best tea I’ve ever tried though it can be included at least to my personal top 10 favorites

This is a interesting tea… Surprisingly rich. I’d have it again.

This is a medium-bodied tea with definite notes of cocoa, but not necessarily chocolate. It’s mildly sweet without any sweetener added, but not too sweet. I love that the smell of the dry leaves and the taste of the brewed tea are very similar because I like when the two match.

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

Thank you steepster for introducing me great tastes of my favorite drink, tea. In my culture our people drink the black tea from the black sea region of Turkey. In the markets I see many different brands and tastes of the other wonderful tea kinds. This is good because I taste every single kind , getting the taste in its best form.

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Dark Bittersweet, Green Wood

My Black Friday purchase arrived last night and I was excited to rip into the box this morning. I love chocolate and I was excited to try this tea. Expensive for a Canadian with shipping and everything, but what the heck I’m worth it!
This tea is so good! Smooth and chocolate with slight sweet cherry notes. Mmmmm