Imperial North Winds

Cherry, Chocolate, Malt, Sweet, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Togo

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Wow, this is almost too decadent for an at-work tea. I think it’d be better suited to a day of indulging in a good book somewhere comfortable where I could really enjoy. First cup is a little malty...” Read full tasting note

From Whispering Pines Tea Company

I’ve been searching for the right teas to make this blend happen for the last few years, and I couldn’t be happier with the final product!

Imperial North Winds was made to be a super rich standalone breakfast blend to keep you warm in the winter and still interested in the summer ;-)

INW hits hard in the flavor and the aroma department, with base notes of rich, creamy chocolate and sweet cherry making their presence known immediately. More subtly, as you’re being taken by the smooth and seductive sweetness, a comforting note of toasted marshmallow floats through here and there. Other various stonefruit notes pass by, some hearty malt, and a soft lingering finish leaves your mouth watering.

About Whispering Pines Tea Company View company

1 Tasting Note

First cup is a little malty and sweet with a whole lot of vanilla. Honestly reminds me of these chocolate scones at a local coffee shop – something warm and freshly-baked (there’s a hint of chocolate here, but it’s not the main point). Texturally, it’s kind of silky and easy to drink.

Second cup is way more intensely chocolate, with a little more dimension to the sweetness – it’s described as cherry, which I guess works as long as you’re thinking sweet cherries and not tart ones (so…not what I was expecting, oops).

Back to work I go, will make more tea later throughout the day, but so far this one is really lovely.

Flavors: Cherry, Chocolate, Malt, Sweet, Vanilla

Kawaii433

I liked this one very much, and I really love the Ambrosia which is this tea blended with Tahitian vanilla. :D

Dustrose

I haven’t tried Ambrosia, but it’s tempting. Now that I think of it, I actually do have some vanilla I could experiment with myself. Time to see how much vanilla is too much vanilla…

Kawaii433

hehe Keep us posted how adding vanilla goes. I have some Imperial North Winds left and maybe I’ll try too. By itself though, it’s yummy as you said.