2016 Tuhao as F*ck

Pu-erh Tea
Pu Erh Tea
Bitter, Sweet, Bok Choy, Brown Sugar, Dandelion, Floral, Fruity, Grass, Jasmine, Kale, Maple Syrup, Pepper, Smooth, Herbaceous, Sugarcane
Edit tea info Last updated by AllanK
Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 3 oz / 87 ml

From White 2 Tea

Product description not available yet.

About White 2 Tea View company

Fresh and strong with a bitterness that turns to sweetness.
Images and more at https://puerh.blog/teanotes/2016-tuhao-as-fck-w2t

Flavors: Bitter, Sweet

8 g 3 OZ / 80 ML

Finally got around to trying an orb of this from the #shengolympiad. Started with a couple of rinses to open this up and then proceeded to flash steep. It starts out with a floral grassiness that has a strong bite. I have to admit, I oversteeped this a couple times early on in the session, which drew out some bitterness that probably wouldn’t have otherwise been there. It doesn’t take long for it to mellow back out into something smooth and sweet. The liquor is like liquid gold and becomes even sweeter as it cools.

Dragon ball from 2017 sheng Olympiad.

Should have started this on a free weekend since it steeped out forever and I had to refrigerate it a few times. I think maybe half a tea ball would have been a better amount for me if it were possible to split tea balls. Brewed this on a 200ml gaiwan with just under boiling water for the first steeps then a thermos of very hot water for most of the sessions. I found this to be very floral with a lot of lingering aroma in the back of the mouth. There was almost no bitterness, which I actually would have liked more of. A few times it verged on being sweet but that faded rather quickly. As I said it seems like this steeped out forever with long 20-30 minute steeps at the end.

S.G. Sanders

So good to grandpa style at work when you run out of time? Or no, due to the nature that it’ll leave you tea drunk?

This is the orb from the Sheng Olympiad.

I thought this was damn good. I was pretty impressed. The ball is not too tightly rolled and gives off a Sichuan pepper, peppercorn, and some sweetish savory notes. I seem to always smell Sichuan peppers on tea balls, not sure why. I warmed up my pot and threw it in. The aroma does a backflip and becomes very sweet with a thick green background. I can pick up an underlining bite that sifts through the brown sugar and maple fog. This is a very nice and inviting scent. I washed the ball twice and prepped for brewing. The taste begins light and grassy with some jasmine. The next steep is similar with dandelion floral qualities. Afterwards, the floral qualities truly bloomed and spread out on top of a nice bitter green base (bok choy/kale?). A punchy background of fruits follows throughout the session. The taste is really nice. The later steeping caused the floral and green qualities to reverse, so it was a base of floral and a hint of bitter greens. Personally, I thought this to be a floral bomb; it was packed with dandelion, jasmine, and iris. The tea gives off a crisp cooling sensation that sits at the tongue. The tea softens out and soothes with the fruit tones. The qi was noticeable but relaxing. This was a major kickback tea for me. I just put on some tunes and leaned back from my tea table. It was a good vibe-y tea. While drinking, I was trying to pull from memory how last years was, and I believe this one is softer and thicker; a more pronounced tone to it. I will have to look back through my notes.

Flavors: Bok Choy, Brown Sugar, Dandelion, Floral, Fruity, Grass, Jasmine, Kale, Maple Syrup, Pepper, Smooth, Sweet

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 7 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Liked it, nice & sweet. slightly herby-camphor but no cooling, I was hoping a bit more bitter or lively tongue with strong huigan, but thats my preference & this i think my gf would like.

This review is from drinking a cake sample. This puer is a fragrance bomb. It is bright, citrus, sweet, amber, grassy, vegetal at first, then a sweet mineral, pavement, buttery, vegetal finish.

I feel this be a good puer, in its current young state, for an oolong drinker. It’s got that fragrance that you just don’t get in many puer, but what oolongs tend to have.

In comparison to the same priced 2016 We Go High, Tuhao is more approachable as it is less bitter. It is totally for an oolong drinker and a great tea to try if you are new to shengs that are expensive or hate bitterness. You more pro, want epic tea drunk, and got that young sheng gut for bitter – We Go High is a better match for $149 cake.

Full review on Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/2016-tuhao-fuck-sheng-puer-white2tea/

Boiling 0 min, 15 sec 1 g 1 OZ / 15 ML
Daylon R Thomas

I see why Andrew loved it so much.

Dragon ball version from 2017 Sheng Olympics in a 170 ml porcelain pot. Tons of honey and sugarcane sweetness throughout the entire session. one of the sweetest teas I’ve had recently. Lots of tropical/ citrus fruit – lemon zest, orange, mango, pineapple. reminds me of new wave IPAs – specifically with citra and mosaic hops, fresh and juicy. interesting herbal and nut tons come and go. medium texture with an uplifting yet calming qi, good and long lasting huigan, all around nice mouth characteristics for a low astringency/bitterness sheng. If these were available for purchase I would buy more. Considering buying a cake but the price is just a tad steep for 200g.

Trying the orb version from the group buy, so steamed the sucker open with an extra long rinse to start, 205 F in a preheated porcelain gaiwan. This opened up to quite the bitter tea with an intense throat coating and interesting herbaceous depth, but it was getting complaints from my drinking companions, so dialed it down to 200 F later which kicked the bitter down, but also kind of dialed down some of that thick body.

The energy on this one is quite strong, very warming to the point that I had to remove the heavy sweater I was wearing by steep 5, and was struck suddenly by a heavy foggy
dizziness on steep 6. Some mild throat sweet sugar cane return was present at this point, highlighted by the bitterness of the tea, which never really goes away completely, even at this light temperature, although it surprisingly doesn’t ever have much astringency to accompany it either. Don’t remember much else at this point since I was drinking with company and didn’t write down notes, but it was quite the strong tea, glad I got to try it, although I don’t know if the flavor was something I’d seek out. Be curious to see how this tastes in a few years.

Flavors: Bitter, Herbaceous, Sugarcane, Sweet

200 °F / 93 °C 3 OZ / 90 ML

Am drinking the Dragon Ball version of this from Liquid Proust’s Sheng Olympics. I think this is a good quality tea. It was very tightly compressed, took several infusions to open up. Once it opened up there was a strong bitterness to it. This lasted a few steeps and was replaced by a sweet note. Not sure if I would call it apricots, maybe mushrooms, something a little less sweet but tasty. I might just have to buy a cake of this. Gave this fourteen infusions and I could get a few more out of the leaves. I may save the leaves for later this afternoon. This was quite a good sheng measured over fourteen steeps. Also, there was a mild astringency in the early steeps. This left the tea as well.

Steeped one dragon ball, 7.4g of leaf in a 150ml gaiwan with boiling water fourteen times. I gave it a 10 second rinse. I steeped it for 5 sec, 5 sec, 7 sec, 10 sec, 15 sec, 20 sec, 25 sec, 30 sec, 45 sec, 1 min, 1.5 min, 2 mini, 2.5 min, and 3 min. The tea had weakened somewhat on the fourteenth steep but I think I could get two to four more steeps out of it at least.

Flavors: Bitter, Sweet