Sweet Tangerine Positive Energy

Tea Bag
High
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Starfevre

• “Well, it smells very tangerine-y and I hope it will taste as good. I didn’t notice the Stevia in the ingredient label or I probably wouldn’t have tried this but I’ve steeped it already so here...” Read full tasting note
  • “I really dig this one. Normally I avoid Yogi teas that have weird herbs that I’ve never heard of (shankhpushpi and ashwagandha… wut?) because I’m very careful with any medications, FDA approved or...” Read full tasting note
  • “A great tea to drink when you want a caffeine kick without having to drink coffee. Decent flavor — moderately intense tangerine notes. I prefer Yogi’s raspberry energy tea over this one, but it’s...” Read full tasting note

From Yogi Tea

This harmonizing and aromatic blend is designed to help energize and elevate your mood. An intriguing and delicious blend of Organic Assam Black and Green Maté in combination with Ashwagandha, Shankpushpi and Tulsi-herbs traditionally used to uplift the spirit- helps to provide energy and the natural support you need to positively influence your mood.* Sweet Tangerine Positive Energy combines sweet, floral Lotus Flower flavor with Tangerine flavor and Lemon Myrtle for a bright and spirited tea that’s sure to leave you smiling.

About Yogi Tea View company

Well, it smells very tangerine-y and I hope it will taste as good. I didn’t notice the Stevia in the ingredient label or I probably wouldn’t have tried this but I’ve steeped it already so here goes.

Well, it is very sweet, but somehow still tasty! The tangerine is very present with a background of herbal things. I added some real sugar as is my wont and I think it overpowered the stevia taste I hate. This is a very interesting tea although I probably won’t have it again. Free tea bags FTW!

Flavors: Tangy

I really dig this one. Normally I avoid Yogi teas that have weird herbs that I’ve never heard of (shankhpushpi and ashwagandha… wut?) because I’m very careful with any medications, FDA approved or otherwise. But the ingredients list on this one, those two aforementioned ayurvedic remedies aside, was too diverse and interesting to pass up. Black tea, mate, green tea, lemon myrtle, tulsi, and lemongrass, all in one blend? I sort of see the rationale— black tea provides just the energy, and mate and green tea provide energy without jitters and soothe you. Lemon myrtle, tulsi, those two weird herbs, and lemongrass all promote a relaxed feeling. So I think the Yogi blenders were going for “relaxed but alert.”

You’d think this would result in a medicinal, sickly-sweet, nasty witch’s brew of herbal mush. But it doesn’t! It actually tastes like real tangerine somehow! They did a really awesome job blending it. Even the stevia is at the perfect level, and that’s saying something because stevia is usually a huge deal-breaker for me.

This tea is coming to me at the point in the year when I am just starting to feel the affects of S.A.D., so the timing is spot-on. I’ve been mediating with Headspace, taking Vitamin D supplements, and plan to start using my S.A.D. lamp again soon because the mornings are darker. But this tea is also helpful— I got cussed at by a customer yesterday and didn’t get half as upset about it as I normally do. I don’t think it was a placebo effect either because I had completely forgotten about drinking this tea until after I noticed my lack of anger and sadness.

Score 1 for the weird herbs that work, and 1 for the awesome, awesome taste!

Flavors: Citrusy, Pleasantly Sour, Sweet

A great tea to drink when you want a caffeine kick without having to drink coffee. Decent flavor — moderately intense tangerine notes. I prefer Yogi’s raspberry energy tea over this one, but it’s still a good caffeinated tea.