drank Assam Deluxe FTGFOP by A C Perch's

Far Too Good For Ordinary People.

I’d nearly forgotten this one. I was shaking tins to see if there were any that I might be able to finish off all quick-like. Preferably today, to be honest. My Lockdown criteria are very nearly met. One more tin to empty and then I’m allowed to buy some tea again. That means stocking up on two Kusmis and looking to see if I can get a third easily around these parts. After that, I expect I’ll do another Lockdown round because this first one doesn’t seem to have made much of a dent, especially not in the samples. I want to get the supplies good and low before I do anything else than simple re-stocking.

Anyway, I found this one and made me a good strong cup with a generous helping of honey. On its own I tends to have a fairly prominent honey note, I think, and adding real honey to it seems to bring it out more. It’s one of the few teas where I’ll automatically add stuff to the cup without thinking too much about it.

Apart from that, it wasn’t a very successful cup today. I used more leaf than usually (I’m trying to empty the tin, remember!) but it still seems a bit watery and weak in flavour today. Odd. It actually tastes a bit as if I used less leaf than normal which just doesn’t make any sense at all.

I did turn the steep time down somewhat due to the extra leaf, but not that much.

Maybe it’s a good thing this tin is nearly done. I don’t think this is one I’d be stocking up on. It’s not my perfect Assam.

mpierce87

I always wondered what FTGFOP meant… LOL!

Angrboda

Finest Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe, I think. Or something along those lines. I can never remember the correct sequence for the gradings. But with Far Too Good For Ordinary People, at least I can remember the letters. :)

Rabs

LOL! I didn’t get the “Far Too Good…” statement until I got to these comments. I must use that from now on :D

malomorgen

haha awesome system ;) i really need a lockdown now too. but it really isnt easy…

mpierce87

Yea, I knew what it meant, I was just amused by your new meaning for it.

Comments

mpierce87

I always wondered what FTGFOP meant… LOL!

Angrboda

Rabs

malomorgen

mpierce87

Yea, I knew what it meant, I was just amused by your new meaning for it.

The Formalities