drank Green Mate (organic) by DAVIDsTEA

Day 52 of my 101 days of DAVIDsTEA. 2tsp in my teaball, brewed in-mug.

I’m a fan of some of the other maté teas (especially chocolate rocket!) so I decided to try this straight today. The taste reminded me of potato skin, oddly enough — there was a simmilar earthy salty-bitterness. A good earthy salty-bitterness, I should add. Not my favourite flavour ever, but certainly not bad either.

My favourite DAVIDs employee suggested mixing it with other teas — especially herbal ones — to add that caffeine kick. I actually tried that with some Alpine Punch I wanted to resteep, it added a nice grounded dimension to the flavour. I’ll enjoy experimenting with the tea. And for the price? Definitely wothwhile to play around with!

A Canadian girl interested in the arts, books, geeky things, and tea. Especially the tea part.

Currently engaged in a tea drinking challenge of epic proportions. (1001 teas, 1001 days. December 1st, 2013 – August 28, 2016)

I’ll be adding a few teas to my cupboard — if anyone would like to swap for something in there, please feel free to contact.

Canada