I have a Teahouse with over 70 teas, so naturally I get to taste all of them and I’m always buying more because I want to taste more.
Most of my guests are not necessarily into trying tea for itself, but more for the experience, so I buy mostly tea that is not rare or special but something many people will like. My hope with my tasting notes is to not only express my views about the taste of a certain tea, but to express the likes and dislikes I hear from my customers. In this way I can share what I’ve learned about the teas I sell and serve.

Buckingham Palace Garden Party by Metropolitan Tea is one of those teas that appeal to many. In fact it is one of my best sellers. The Blend of 3 flavors that are familiar, Assam, Jasmine and Earl Grey, puts it right in the comfort zone. Different enough to appeal to the adventurous but not heavy or strong in taste.

I enjoy this tea as well, The Earl Grey gives just a hint, as does the jasmine. It is a great beginner’s Tea. I do recommend it.

ColumbiaKate

All the Tea I have is loose tea. We use Tea Sacs for serving.
The BPGP was so popular thru the holidays, that it is currently sold out. I’m waiting on my next order from Metro to arrive. We have the BPGP to serve, but recommend Vienna Opera Ball as a back-up for those who want to purchase the Buckingham Palace.

Comments

ColumbiaKate

All the Tea I have is loose tea. We use Tea Sacs for serving.

Columbia Kate’s Teahouse

Set in an 1880’s period barn in historic Columbia, A State Park, CA, our focus is in providing both an education in the Art of Afternoon Tea while offering a pleasant atmosphere and great food.
Opened Feb 1, 2007
Now open 7 days/wk

Free shipping on tea

My Tea on Steepster

To Trade Tea Tastings, followers may contact me at [email protected]

Tea lines from my Tea Cart Shopping cart, linked above for descriptions.
Art of Tea:
Plum Oolong
Adagio:
Berry Blast, Thai Chai, White Symphony, Mocha Nut Mate.
H&S:
Paris, Hot Cinnamon Spice Black, Hot Cinnamon Spice Rooibos, White Wedding.
Rishi:
Coconut Oolong, Puerh Ginger.
D&B:
Organic Sencha, Organic Gunpowder
Republic of Tea:
Blackberry Sage, Seabuckthorn Green,
Ginger Peach.
Petali:
Royal Irish, Supreme Earl Grey.
Monterey Bay Spice:
Gold Rush, Orange Spice(Winter Blend), Rooibos Masala Chai, Rooibos Chocolate Chai, Pineapple Papaya Green.
Eastern Shore:
Della Robbia, Plum Good, Rosemary Hill, Peace.
All others on the Tea Cart are Metropolitan.

Follow Columbia Kate’s on Facebook.

22727 Columbia ST, Columbia, CA 95310