Vanilla + caramel – this tea is delicious!

The dry leaf in the tin is strong and bright; long and tight; so dark it is black in color. If you’ve not tried the Assam teas, this would be a great one to convince you that you’ve been missing out on something special! As the tea brews, the aroma is soft and creamy. The malty flavor of the assam makes this a very fine black tea to drink at any time. Always able to infuse again for a nice second cup (almost as good as the first). (Note: I did add a little sweetener to bring out the caramel.)

For me, tea is magical with its ability to transform by bringing one back to center and inspiring both peace and contentment.

Reformed coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Moved quickly into unflavored blacks and puerhs and seldom drink anything else. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging.

I no longer assign numerical ratings to teas because our enjoyment of tea is very subjective. Reactions to a particular tea vary from person to person and within the same person across different tasting sessions. My tea notes are now simply comments reflecting my impression at that specific point in time. They are useful to me and if they happen to be helpful to someone else that is good.

North Carolina