drank Golden Monkey by Teas Etc

A very enjoyable Yunnan! This one is a winner – as suggested by many earlier reviews. I don’t think that I can add anything new but….if you see this tea on sale again, buy it and try it if you have not done so already!

I should note that the time listed below is higher than recommended because the second time I had this tea, I was distracted and forgot that I was making a pot. It probably steeped for 11-12 minutes before I remembered – the tea was still amazing (no bitterness at all).

Boiling 8 min or more

For me, tea is magical with its ability to transform by bringing one back to center and inspiring both peace and contentment.

Reformed coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life — haven’t looked back since. I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Moved quickly into unflavored blacks and puerhs and seldom drink anything else. Now most of my purchases are puerh cakes for aging.

I no longer assign numerical ratings to teas because our enjoyment of tea is very subjective. Reactions to a particular tea vary from person to person and within the same person across different tasting sessions. My tea notes are now simply comments reflecting my impression at that specific point in time. They are useful to me and if they happen to be helpful to someone else that is good.

North Carolina