drank Golden Monkey by Teas Etc

A very enjoyable Yunnan! This one is a winner – as suggested by many earlier reviews. I don’t think that I can add anything new but….if you see this tea on sale again, buy it and try it if you have not done so already!

I should note that the time listed below is higher than recommended because the second time I had this tea, I was distracted and forgot that I was making a pot. It probably steeped for 11-12 minutes before I remembered – the tea was still amazing (no bitterness at all).

Boiling 8 min or more

Former coffee drinker. Switched to tea as part of my goal to work on living a healthier, more balanced life. Surprised to learn what a passion I have developed for all things tea related.

Steepster has been a big help – I’ve been reading daily to learn as much as I can. Thanks to Steepster reviews, I’ve been able to find good tea quickly – a few misses for me but lots of hits!

At the moment, I enjoy most tea types but I cannot handle jasmine or other florals and I’m not particularly fond of bergamot. Started with flavored teas but moved quickly into high quality blacks, greens, oolongs and pu’ers — drinking hot flavored teas less and less. My cold brews for iced tea usually seem to be a fruity green, white or rooibos but every once in awhile I’ll chill an oolong or pu’er.

Note: In an effort to keep track of all the teas I’ve tried, my cupboard includes any tea I’ve ever owned (including things I’ve sipped down and no longer have in my tea cupboard). In addition, many of the teas listed are unopened waiting to age or work their way into the rotation.

Raleigh, NC