drank Amor by The Simple Leaf

I keep having this tea, thinking “OK. This time I’m going to figure out something insightful to say about it”. But it just isn’t happening. Sure, it’s very smooth, a bit malty, produces a somewhat thick liquor, has a full flavor but hardly any harshness, and is overall an excellent tea. But it doesn’t really stand out in any particular way to me, besides being outstanding. It has pretty much everything I want in a black tea, and very little of the things I don’t (harshness, astringency).

I feel The Simple Leaf’s Mountain Malt is very similar but slightly superior to this tea, but both are exemplary Assams.

I work as a web coder guy. I eat primal/paleo; I love math, science, gaming, and of course tea. I’ve been drinking tea since I was 3! I started with looseleaf in 2004 and have had lots of fun trying all sorts of new things since then.

I mostly drink black tea, and that usually with milk and sugar. I also enjoy, in more or less descending order:

cooked puers