This tea is almost bursting with flavor, yet its flavor profile is still what I would call “delicate.” I know that seems like a contradiction in terms, but bear with me. It’s definitely an oolong — it has that toasty, sweet note you get in most oolongs — but it’s lighter than a Formosa oolong and not that far off from being a green tea; there’s a bit (but not a lot) of grassy, vegetal goodness in there as well. The color in the cup is yellow, similar to a green tea. It’s just a wonderful flavor; I’ve purchased this one several times, and it’s become a staple in my tea cabinet. It always delivers what I’m looking for when I want a light (but not weak) oolong that goes with just about anything. It’s great to serve with dessert, but also delicious with any type of Asian meal.

I’ve noticed a few reviews stating the tea is too weak. I suggest brewing it a bit longer. I think you need to brew it for at least three minutes; as for me, I always brew it for four minutes, at a slightly lower temperature than the label advises (the label says 194, I brew it at 180), to really bring out the flavors.

I like strong, robust flavors. My current favorites include strong black teas (Keemuns, Yunnan teas and Assams, for example), flavored blacks such as Harney’s Paris, oolongs of any kind, and gyokuros. I like Rooibos and honeybush teas as well, and other herbal blends to help me relax in the evening.

I am willing to try just about anything, but I am not particularly fond of jasmine tea, very fruity or heavily flavored blends, anything with pineapple; and I know this is practically heresy, but I don’t like Darjeelings.

In my kitchen, heating water