drank La La Lemon (organic) by DAVIDsTEA

I’ve had repeated failiures at getting a good iced tea out of this blend. Finally with the last little bit I had left I think I’ve suceeded in making it somewhat decent.

The recipe I used was 8 tsp of tea in two cups boiling water, steeped for 5 minutes. Then I strained it and poured it over some ice in a 2L jug to quickly halt the steeping process, and topped up the jug with cold tap water. I sweetened it with about 1.5 tblsp of agave nectar.

There’s still a tannic astringency that I can’t get rid of no matter how I steep this tea. I think it might be a character of the tea base itself rather than the steeping process. I wish that they’d chosen to use a different black tea because the lemon flavour seems to only exacerbate the astringency.

So in summary, this works in a pince for iced tea, but I’ve had better and I didn’t care for it hot either. I don’t think I would buy this tea again.

Iced